• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormCell

I hadn't given nearly enough consideration to the possibility that many of these objects, maybe all of them, are unmanned vehicles, or that we have gathered debris but had no means of contact. I imagine that monitoring Earth the same way that we are learning about Mars must be really fascinating to watch. I mean, it would be like watching some sort of crash happen in slow motion. I hope they have some version of popcorn on their world(s).

Another interesting take away from that article is the notion that secrecy is really the result of a need to cover up or hide ignorance on the subject. In other words, the opposite of the secrecy exposes a weakness or a hole in what we know, which would make sense to want to keep hidden. I think this aligns with what many of us have been saying for a while now: if these objects were American or Earthly craft, we wouldn't be keeping such superiority hidden for, conceivably, decades when just simply flaunting them, like we did with the stealth bomber, would grant us an immediate advantage globally. For example, there is no way China would be able to take Taiwan if we had craft breaking the sound barrier without sonic booms that could easily move along at 40,000 mph. Does anyone realize, fully, what this would mean? We would have aircraft within range of Taiwan from across the Pacific -- don't even need aircraft carriers, potentially. It would be like a squadron of a hundred of these craft leaving the west coast of the USA and arriving over there in a matter of minutes!

Last edited:

StormCell

I still maintain that the idea that China - a nation whose main technological achievements in various sectors (microprocessing, aviation, radar/detection tech etc.) are a direct result of espionage on the United States - somehow magically has aerospace technology that is hundreds of years or more beyond our capabilities is farcical. All the more so when you consider that we’ve invested like 10-20x more money into our military tech than other nations have for 30+ years now. And a ton of that is centered around aviation tech. I don’t buy that these things are Chinese for one second. Both for how long these sightings have been occurring (even if one assumes they have this tech now, they certainly didn’t 30-50 years ago) as well as the reasons mentioned above.
A good point, and furthermore it's farcical to believe these objects are craft from Russia, because if it was you can bet your bottom American dollar they would use them to buzz the US navy in broad daylight and would be popping up in US airspace all across Alaska just for laughs. What could we do about it? Notta. Russia wouldn't try to hide such superiority when they could be leveraging it to coax neighbors into peacefully rejoining the PACT.

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
This kind of posting needs to be prohibited in this thread. It is the literal definition of a shit post. It is the equivalent of posting in a Playstation thread about how all of Sony's single player adventures are basically the same game but different settings/environments/narratives/characters. Try posting that over in one of those threads == warning or temp ban. But post in the UFO thread that everything has been a plane, a bird, or a balloon == our only recourse is to prove you wrong and have you ignore all of it and point to one picture.

Hes got a point, there’s a good chance the report will be something like we studies 120 events, we have a pretty good explanation for 110 of those, for the other 10 we have none yet.

StormCell

Hes got a point, there’s a good chance the report will be something like we studies 120 events, we have a pretty good explanation for 110 of those, for the other 10 we have none yet.
Was that even his point? All I saw was a broad general claim that everything has been explainable and that UFO fans are going to see aliens in every photo released even though it's all just birds and balloons.

There's modest anticipation for this report, and the media appears to be in a mode of preparing people for it who would otherwise not even notice the information release. It could be, strategically, a great time to reinforce the public's belief that there is nothing, and that the government knows nothing. At the same time, releasing nothing could also have the opposite effect. If, say, those 10 events without a good explanation are pretty easily explained by the public then the outcry will be that this information release was a farce!

Then again, the last release of information got the Navy on the record stating the videos we got should have never been made public. There's a chance government incompetence may strike twice and we get something really good!

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Might lay down a bet that we have confirmation of extraterrestrial life visiting Earth by the end of June this year.

Might put a cheeky £1000 on it. Should have pretty decent returns.

INC

I still maintain that the idea that China - a nation whose main technological achievements in various sectors (microprocessing, aviation, radar/detection tech etc.) are a direct result of espionage on the United States - somehow magically has aerospace technology that is hundreds of years or more beyond our capabilities is farcical. All the more so when you consider that we’ve invested like 10-20x more money into our military tech than other nations have for 30+ years now. And a ton of that is centered around aviation tech. I don’t buy that these things are Chinese for one second. Both for how long these sightings have been occurring (even if one assumes they have this tech now, they certainly didn’t 30-50 years ago) as well as the reasons mentioned above.

Unless the previous sightings are all BS, manufactured by the government during the cold War, to create ufo hype, so if anyone spotted say the SR71, they could pass it off as ufo non sense. That carried on to modern age, with things like the stealth bomber

That could account for a shit load of sightings...

Bit that still don't add up fully to me, but I'm sure that went on, on 1 way or another

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Unless the previous sightings are all BS, manufactured by the government during the cold War, to create ufo hype, so if anyone spotted say the SR71, they could pass it off as ufo non sense. That carried on to modern age, with things like the stealth bomber

Bit that still don't add up fully to me, but I'm sure that went on, on 1 way or another

Now that I’d buy.

Romulus

The thing about the SR71, even though it was a deep black project, these UFO was reported before the SR71, and moving like 5x faster. I mean the SR71's entire design was a colossal effort based around speed, and objects 20 years earlier were absolutely destroying it in speed? And that's only what we know. It's possible these UFO can move much faster than what we know.

Not only that, the SR71 makes sense. It's rocket-propelled, but just a hyper version of what was already in existence. With these UFOs, there's no paper trail. You can't draw a sensical line of advancement. It's just like, boom, now we have all this new technology that defies what our scientists are only beginning to understand. Makes no sense that there was a breakthrough almost a hundred years ago that could possibly provide clean energy, win wars, yet some secret group decides the best use of the technology is just to cruise around and observe wars and mess with nuclear silos. And how are they able to remotely crack into nuclear silo facilities all over the world with different firewalls? Makes no sense.

And why are they chilling in Norweigan villages in the middle of nowhere testing 18000mph drones in the 1980s(radar confirmed.)

Last edited:

Shadowplay1979

Gold Member

The only way china has any tech like ours if we make it first and then they completely copy it shamelessly down to its design but cheaply with crap labor and materials then market it as their own.

case in point

Last edited:

Romulus

US Navy confirms new footage as authentic. More incoming.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
* Minimum 14 targets.
* Minimum 6ft in diameter - solid mass.
* Varying speeds from 40 kts - 138 kts (46 mph - 158 mph).
* Flight lasting longer than an hour. * Unknowns were illuminated.
* Unable to discern origin, nor launch or landing points.
* Unknown vehicles picked up on more than two types of RADAR.
* Still images of this footage were included in the May 1st, 2020 UAPTF intelligence briefing that I have previously reported on.
* It is noted in intelligence reports that the “spherical” craft appeared to be transmedium capable, and was observed descending into the water without destruction.
* It is noted in intelligence reports that the “spherical” craft could not be found upon entry to the water - that a submarine was used in the search - and recovered nothing.
* This footage is unclassified.
* Craft remain officially - unidentified.

TRANSCRIPTION :05 "Took off, bookin' it." :21 “Break, OMAHA, PINCKNEY, KIDD, RAFAEL PERALTA possibility to launch helo ASAP”. :28 "If it splashes you get a bearing and range.” :30 “Yes sir." :32 "... keep going bro [inaudible]” :33 [inaudible] :36 "... it's windy as fuck out there." :42 "... got a lotta white water out there. Six foot swells." :43 "Whoa, it's getting close." :50 "We have, uh, 31 knots sustained wind topside, gust of 40 [knots]." :56 “Whoa, it splashed!" :57 “Splashed!" :58 “Mark bearing and range.”

To me, the pulsing nature of the object looks just really bizarre, it reminds me a lot of what WW2 pilots spoke about. Water, even solid matter like bullets do not affect them somehow.

Last edited:

INC

The other thing that bothers me slightly, is its all navy videos, wheres the nasa videos? There's been videos for years of UFOs and space (granted a lot could be debris, ice particles etc)

Romulus

The other thing that bothers me slightly, is its all navy videos, wheres the nasa videos? There's been videos for years of UFOs and space (granted a lot could be debris, ice particles etc)

I would imagine because the planet is mostly water is why it's mostly navy encounters. On Earth at least.

Romulus

Another thing I thought of.

With each piece of footage, it seems to get slightly more convincing each time. Nothing huge or wow, just a methodical nudge that might eventually lead to indisputable footage.

Really seems like they're priming people, mostly super skeptics(fragile minds) into accepting this. The subconscious push or nudge away from "it's drones bro" to "maybe it's not drones" to "okay this is something else." Let them down like a feather.

I showed a friend at work who was out of the loop a bunch of videos and clips from pilots. He had this worried look on his face. "But it's our technology, right? Like maybe something secret?" Just goes to show people do not want to entertain the other option because we have no control over what could happen in that case. Zero. In my opinion, bad stuff would have already happened, but most people might not think that way.

Last edited:

INC

I mean being able to submerge is a game changer in warfare, be odd if the military was showing foreign hardware to the public

Romulus

I mean being able to submerge is a game changer in warfare, be odd if the military was showing foreign hardware to the public

Yeah, that's another thing I didn't think of. Makes no sense to show off your tech like this because a lot of people are already conditioned to think of drones anyway.

Romulus

60 minutes is doing a special on Sunday on this UFO thing. The first time they've ever addressed it.

What's even more about mind blogging is the sheer variety in these objects. Shape, size, and material all look different.

Think about that, seeing these things every day for years, and so many different types. Yet no one has a fucking clue what they are.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Full reveal would break society in my opinion. We are not ready. There is people who belive earth is flat and that vaccines carry 5g chips

Very Religious people wouldn't be able to accept it.

Saying they exist would probably indicate that there is contact. They can probably understand the nature of existence and life and I'm sure that if other planets are inhabited by intelligent life it would be harder to believe Christ decided to use earth to cleanse humanity from sin.

I'd love for that to be confirmed that aliens exist but I don't think it's a good idea to just come out and say it.

S

Shodan09

Unconfirmed Member
US Navy confirms new footage as authentic. More incoming.

ADDITIONAL DETAILS
* Minimum 14 targets.
* Minimum 6ft in diameter - solid mass.
* Varying speeds from 40 kts - 138 kts (46 mph - 158 mph).
* Flight lasting longer than an hour. * Unknowns were illuminated.
* Unable to discern origin, nor launch or landing points.
* Unknown vehicles picked up on more than two types of RADAR.
* Still images of this footage were included in the May 1st, 2020 UAPTF intelligence briefing that I have previously reported on.
* It is noted in intelligence reports that the “spherical” craft appeared to be transmedium capable, and was observed descending into the water without destruction.
* It is noted in intelligence reports that the “spherical” craft could not be found upon entry to the water - that a submarine was used in the search - and recovered nothing.
* This footage is unclassified.
* Craft remain officially - unidentified.

TRANSCRIPTION :05 "Took off, bookin' it." :21 “Break, OMAHA, PINCKNEY, KIDD, RAFAEL PERALTA possibility to launch helo ASAP”. :28 "If it splashes you get a bearing and range.” :30 “Yes sir." :32 "... keep going bro [inaudible]” :33 [inaudible] :36 "... it's windy as fuck out there." :42 "... got a lotta white water out there. Six foot swells." :43 "Whoa, it's getting close." :50 "We have, uh, 31 knots sustained wind topside, gust of 40 [knots]." :56 “Whoa, it splashed!" :57 “Splashed!" :58 “Mark bearing and range.”

To me, the pulsing nature of the object looks just really bizarre, it reminds me a lot of what WW2 pilots spoke about. Water, even solid matter like bullets do not affect them somehow.

It's Mick West's tampon.

Winter John

Full reveal would break society in my opinion. We are not ready. There is people who belive earth is flat and that vaccines carry 5g chips

Saying they exist would probably indicate that there is contact. They can probably understand the nature of existence and life and I'm sure that if other planets are inhabited by intelligent life it would be harder to believe Christ decided to use earth to cleanse humanity from sin.

I'd love for that to be confirmed that aliens exist but I don't think it's a good idea to just come out and say it.
Society will be fine. The NYT released videos of ufos. The Pentagon came out and said they've seen craft that they can't identify. The pilot who filmed one of those vids was on the world's biggest podcast and gave a bunch of interviews in the media. This stuff has been making international headlines for the last few years. Was there any panic? Did the church collapse? No. People shrugged and went about their day. Biden could stand on the White House lawn with Larry the alien tomorrow and nobody would give a fuck.

INC

Also what happened to this tech, its form like the 1970s

Society will be fine. The NYT released videos of ufos. The Pentagon came out and said they've seen craft that they can't identify. The pilot who filmed one of those vids was on the world's biggest podcast and gave a bunch of interviews in the media. This stuff has been making international headlines for the last few years. Was there any panic? Did the church collapse? No. People shrugged and went about their day. Biden could stand on the White House lawn with Larry the alien tomorrow and nobody would give a fuck.

Well there's no admission still really, so people hang on to saying theyre just drones or balloons and military can't identify because they're incompetent (apparently), its foreign tech, even tho that makes less sense to disclosure foreign tech an basically admit they have air superiority the US (since theyre the ones showing the videos)

So it either something else, or US has just admitted to being weak and unable to protect itself against Russia or China tech

Does that scan with people? Admitting they're theyre weaker and have less advanced tech, compared to China or Russia?

As for Russia, they've had tik tac and cigar incidents the same as the US

This video does look dodgy tho, ill admit that, so Russia is seeing the same UFOs as the US is seeing, so guess that leaves China

Last edited:

Airola

Unless they are angels and demons.

Airola

Thinking about aliens I got a wild thought.

If their technology is supposed to amazingly lot advanced than us, wouldn't that include other technology too than travelling, warfare stuff and things like that? How about their surveillance and data recording systems? If we can now spy citizens too much and are even doing technology that can see through walls, imagine what those aliens can do.

Basically if they are able to bend space time or are able to move faster than light, they should be beyond our imagination what comes to surveillance and data storing too.
So what if they have systems that constantly track everything in this planet and store that data somewhere. What if they have video of every single thing every person in the world has made. Maybe THAT'S the reason they didn't want this to be known to people. They'd have your absolute worst moments on video. Your most shameful drunk moments and your entire internet history and every keystroke on your computer keyboard. I mean, I would also be telling people we don't know what these things are if that were the case :messenger_grinning_sweat:

What if that's what Jesus meant when he said this:
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be made known and brought to light.

*insert Jordan Peele sweating gif here*

Romulus

I think alot of society would be fine, but the issue now is there is an out. An escape to the possible reality...
"Drones bro."
If that is removed, I think it could be a big problem. To go from you're special/center of the universe/chosen one to inferior beings(assuming its true) is a huge wound to human psyche in my opinion.

Most every religion centers around how special humanity is(maybe we are) but we would have to modify the religious stories to align with new information or outright deny it, and informed religious people would not buy that.

I think an outright confirmation of superior beings would remove alot of the mystery of our existence. Now we can tell ourselves anything we like, but after that happens it fills in gaps.

Most people are simple minded working people and to literally have the foundation of their lives disrupted in this way could make it difficult for everyone, for a while. It could affect world economics.

Last edited:

INC

Thinking about aliens I got a wild thought.

If their technology is supposed to amazingly lot advanced than us, wouldn't that include other technology too than travelling, warfare stuff and things like that? How about their surveillance and data recording systems? If we can now spy citizens too much and are even doing technology that can see through walls, imagine what those aliens can do.

Basically if they are able to bend space time or are able to move faster than light, they should be beyond our imagination what comes to surveillance and data storing too.
So what if they have systems that constantly track everything in this planet and store that data somewhere. What if they have video of every single thing every person in the world has made. Maybe THAT'S the reason they didn't want this to be known to people. They'd have your absolute worst moments on video. Your most shameful drunk moments and your entire internet history and every keystroke on your computer keyboard. I mean, I would also be telling people we don't know what these things are if that were the case :messenger_grinning_sweat:

What if that's what Jesus meant when he said this:
For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be made known and brought to light.

*insert Jordan Peele sweating gif here*

What if theyre not extraterrestrial at all? But a lost civilization that had the tech already?

Romulus

The ancient civilizations depicting dudes in literal spacesuits will need to be reexamined and rethought after more of this info comes out.

Another thing, many of the interaction stories with ETs claim there are slightly different looking humans alongside aliens, or in some cases only humans and that they always seem extremely busy and bothered by questions.

Theres an old case in Brazil were a doctor approached a ship on a beach in a remote area. He walked inside the ship and there were weird looking people working everywhere. They looked at him like "wtf" but went right back to work. They eventually interacted with him, but seemed bothered by his presence.

In many of the credible videos, it usually seems like ufos are preoccupied with aspects of nature, hovering low in forests, water etc. I'm wondering if they're monitoring the progress of the planet or what.

Last edited:

StormCell

Again with this nonsense? I think the lot of you need to step into a few churches and get in touch with what religious people are actually thinking. As a very religious person, myself, who has attended churches from the west coast to the deep south, I feel I've got a pretty good read on the vibe. You could just ask me.

Concerning the idea that there are other planets with intelligent beings making it harder to believe in Christ, wouldn't the existence of whole other continents with civilizations suffice to make that harder? All you are doing is changing scale and throwing other planets into the mix.

I do agree that a confirmation of aliens existing would imply contact. The diction coming from some former high ranking intelligence people reads as though we have not been able to initiate contact. The way their statements read leaves open the possibility that these objects may not even be vehicles. I feel that may be an indicator of just how much they don't know (ie. we don't know if it's a craft or a space mannatee or a graphical glitch in the matrix). :LOL:

Last edited:

StormCell

The ancient civilizations depicting dudes in literal spacesuits will need to be reexamined and rethought after more of this info comes out.

Another thing, many of the interaction stories with ETs claim there are slightly different looking humans alongside aliens, or in some cases only humans and that they always seem extremely busy and bothered by questions.

Theres an old case in Brazil were a doctor approached a ship on a beach in a remote area. He walked inside the ship and there were weird looking people working everywhere. They looked at him like "wtf" but went right back to work. They eventually interacted with him, but seemed bothered by his presence.

In many of the credible videos, it usually seems like ufos are preoccupied with aspects of nature, hovering low in forests, water etc. I'm wondering if they're monitoring the progress of the planet or what.
Yeah, I've also come across very similar stories, although the types of beings varies and some of the stories are quite fantastic.

I've said this before, so hopefully I'm not becoming too repetitive, but their consumption with monitoring the planet sometimes leads me to believe they have settlements on or inside of the planet. I figure that this would potentially explain their presence near water sources -- if we pollute surface water too much it will seep into the ground. I feel that there is or was an even greater concern for our nuclear weapons and facilities because all of that would also seep into the ground. It all points to ground water contamination and maybe that would effect their settlements as well.

I kind of believe this whether they're coming from another planet or not because establishing bases only seems logical considering the numerous sightings. If we looked a this from the perspective of a hypothetical martian, they would have first seen, possibly, a strange object or two in the sky (satellites) and the rare strange object landing on the martian surface. Then one day another strange craft landed, a rover rolled off of it. Fast forward some years, and suddenly there are two rovers traversing Mars. Now there are multiple rovers and a helicopter. The next logical step will be to set up a tiny base or a lab, and when that happens there will be a sudden uptick in strange crafts traveling across the Martian landscape. If and when we get a permanent presence on Mars, you can expect production of drones to begin on the red planet so that we can study a much wider set of aspects of the planet.

All this is to say that most of these objects are probably originating from somewhere on or in Earth or in the ocean. That's probably why we don't see hundreds of objects arriving to and leaving the Earth all day every day.

Last edited:

Romulus

Yeah, I've also come across very similar stories, although the types of beings varies and some of the stories are quite fantastic.

I've said this before, so hopefully I'm not becoming too repetitive, but their consumption with monitoring the planet sometimes leads me to believe they have settlements on or inside of the planet. I figure that this would potentially explain their presence near water sources -- if we pollute surface water too much it will seep into the ground. I feel that there is or was an even greater concern for our nuclear weapons and facilities because all of that would also seep into the ground. It all points to ground water contamination and maybe that would effect their settlements as well.

I kind of believe this whether they're coming from another planet or not because establishing bases only seems logical considering the numerous sightings. If we looked a this from the perspective of a hypothetical martian, they would have first seen, possibly, a strange object or two in the sky (satellites) and the rare strange object landing on the martian surface. Then one day another strange craft landed, a rover rolled off of it. Fast forward some years, and suddenly there are two rovers traversing Mars. Now there are multiple rovers and a helicopter. The next logical step will be to set up a tiny base or a lab, and when that happens there will be a sudden uptick in strange crafts traveling across the Martian landscape. If and when we get a permanent presence on Mars, you can expect production of drones to begin on the red planet so that we can study a much wider set of aspects of the planet.

All this is to say that most of these objects are probably originating from somewhere on or in Earth or in the ocean. That's probably why we don't see hundreds of objects arriving to and leaving the Earth all day every day.

Yeah the preoccupation part with the environment is sort of weird, kinda like we're just some annoyance to them or in the way of their research. They literally just float right by navy destroyers, aircraft just to be fascinated by water or trees and shit.
During WW2 and the nuclear buildup it was different, they seemed much more interested in military operations but it was short lived. Almost like we're the least fascinating part of the planet. Speculation of course.

Last edited:

Burnttips

After seeing the recent video I kinda feel disappointed that for something to be light-years ahead that's the best it could do. Hope following video will show something truly fascinating.

StormCell

Yeah the preoccupation part with the environment is sort of weird, kinda like we're just some annoyance to them or in the way of their research. They literally just float right by navy destroyers, aircraft just to be fascinated by water or trees and shit.
During WW2 and the nuclear buildup it was different, they seemed much more interested in military operations but it was short lived. Almost like we're the least fascinating part of the planet. Speculation of course.
That indifference to our presence could, of course, be because they're drones, bro. Ha. I mean that literally, though. Many of these objects could be unmanned alien craft. They're not attempting to be evasive. Could be shoddy AI.

Romulus

That indifference to our presence could, of course, be because they're drones, bro. Ha. I mean that literally, though. Many of these objects could be unmanned alien craft. They're not attempting to be evasive. Could be shoddy AI.

Could be, the variety is pretty insane at this point

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I know its the wrong tread, but imagine travelling all this way just to see this...

U0yn750.jpg

Romulus

After seeing the recent video I kinda feel disappointed that for something to be light-years ahead that's the best it could do. Hope following video will show something truly fascinating.

I would doubt that the snippets of video we're seeing are maximum output situations. It would be like seeing a fighter jet traveling vs at an airshow to show off performance. I don't think UFOs are trying to show off. Just cruising at thousands of miles an hour, instant acceleration with no visible propulsion is absolutely insane as is. And in the case of the recent ones, IR shows their temperature cooler than the ocean. What sort of machine is that cool and can submerge from a hover in an instant, and with no wings?

Look at it this way, nothing manmade has ever come close to the speeds we've recorded UFOs, and that's considering we have limited data on them and our aircraft require long distances to accelerate.

Last edited:

StormCell

What did it do that couldn't be done today? It was 6ft. Didn't fly unbelievably fast or move unexpected of a drone. It went into the water! So what?
Okay, but you said "for something to be light-years ahead that's the best it could do" -- that opens up a lot of questions in my mind. To begin with, the Navy hasn't claimed it's alien or light years ahead. It is simply an unidentified object. It doesn't match anything they've seen that has been identified. It could be a Chinese or Russian drone of the sort we haven't encountered and confirmed yet.

However, you did ask what it did that couldn't be done today, and to that I would state that it entered the water traveling at over 100 mph without a crash, trail of debris, or any signs of wreckage. Not only did it enter the water, the Navy's submarine that was watching it for it never picked it up. The object entered the water and basically vanished at that point. This is the Navy we are talking about, with the sonar and infrared and all kinds of fantastic tracking capabilities, and this object or drone hit t he water and totally evaded them from that point onward.

it would appear to imply that we don't have known drones that do that.

Additionally, the details above imply there were 14 or more of these objects, I guess. I'm a little confused on that part, but I am not confused on the part where this object completely evades the Navy by entering the water and disappearing. That does not just happen. That's bad. I would bet you that many other modern nations could not do that to the US Navy.

Last edited:

Romulus

So thoughts about the "drones" around the USS Omaha

Ability to submerge
Ability to operate against the wind at 150mph for hours while illuminating bright lights
No rotors or wings
Ability to disappear from IR visual
Ability to disappear from a surveillance ship's sensors at will(USS Omaha was a specialized intelligence ship).

So, what foreign power with a fraction of the US budget can force project a fleet of drones that can basically laugh in the face of the best sensors the US has with no wings, rotors, and operates at a cooler temperature than the ocean at night? And that's if you ignore the insane radar speed tracks from other US Navy encounters.

So, extreme advancements in stealth, speed, cooling, efficiency, speed, and acceleration(different metrics). Apparently aerodynamics and lift too.

And this is just the tip of the iceberg apparently.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Again with this nonsense? I think the lot of you need to step into a few churches and get in touch with what religious people are actually thinking. As a very religious person, myself, who has attended churches from the west coast to the deep south, I feel I've got a pretty good read on the vibe. You could just ask me.

Concerning the idea that there are other planets with intelligent beings making it harder to believe in Christ, wouldn't the existence of whole other continents with civilizations suffice to make that harder? All you are doing is changing scale and throwing other planets into the mix.

I do agree that a confirmation of aliens existing would imply contact. The diction coming from some former high ranking intelligence people reads as though we have not been able to initiate contact. The way their statements read leaves open the possibility that these objects may not even be vehicles. I feel that may be an indicator of just how much they don't know (ie. we don't know if it's a craft or a space mannatee or a graphical glitch in the matrix). :LOL:

I'm glad to know you are a well balanced person and capable of accepting new ideas as well as fit them within your belief framework. Regretfully, that is not the general case.

Apologies in advance for the slight derail on the topic but I think that if we are considering the possibility of governments around the world officially accepting the existence of other beings in the universe, religion is a matter that has to be considered.

Funny you mention new continents because in the older times religious people and members of the church weren't very welcoming of new ways of thinking. Instead, force was used to institute their own religion and assimilate the conquered cultures by absorbing some of their customs by framing them within their point of view. Yes, it was a political tool but people below the guys making the decisions did believe that they were saving "savages" when converting them by force to their own religion. I don't think religious leaders would be welcoming to something that threatens their power and believers would have a cognitive dissonance as we have never experienced before.

Now, I was raised Catholic (the Latinamerican flavor) and at some point dropped the religion thing but I know enough to understand that it is about faith. However, there is a force that tends to clash with believing in something that is based on faith: critical thinking. Some people (or maybe a lot) base their religious belief in what the bible/church tells them and give credibility to that by using faith. I think that a lot of people would experience a faith crisis once things like this can't survive even the minimum scrutiny because of the existence of aliens:

- That the earth was created in 7 days and that the book mentions space and light but only Earth as the center of creation (how would a more advanced civilization that is presumably older than humans fit in that belief?)
- Once you put aliens and UFO's into the mix, many of the myths described by religion can be more easily explained (angels, demons, rain of fire, Noah's ark, Moses splitting the red sea, etc)
- Any time something that identified as God (by itself or by the receiver) is documented as speaking to a human could be explained as an alien. 10 commandments? Aliens. Mother Mary and Gabriel? Aliens. The burning bush and Christ? Aliens.

How much of the myths that support the belief system can be destroyed before the whole framework comes down?

Religion has always treated the relationship between God and humans as something exceptional and I think it would be harder to maintain that mentality if we find out that there is nothing special about humans in the grand scheme of things. For example, the author of Science, Religion, and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence says:

"sharing much with other life-forms–even perhaps intelligence and self-consciousness—human beings are embedded in the story of God’s particular acts. This is not an appeal to human superiority. It is about exceptional relationship but not exclusive relationship. Human beings can be special without denying God’s love and concern for other intelligent beings"
Meaning: we might not be the only ones but we are the most special. So even while accepting the possibility of life beyond our world, we have a hard time letting go the idea that there is anything special about us. That in itself is a huge challenge for a lot of humans. I mean, many people think the world revolved around their country, religion, etc. This would actually prove them wrong in so many levels...

With the development of science and our ever increasing understanding of the world, faith becomes a more impactful factor in believing in religion. A lot of stuff that couldn't be explained before and was attributed to God can be explained now so it becomes a matter of faith to chose to believe that a specific situation is not a scientific phenomena and, instead, an act of a willful conscience intervening somehow with human civilization. I think that actual contact with an alien civilization that has the tech to reach Earth would throw human knowledge several thousand years into the future so it would be harder and harder to fit religious belief within a world that can be explained to that extent.

Many of the scientific discoveries over the last centuries have been challenged by people of faith and I think we shouldn't forget that the church was gatekeeper of a lot of the knowledge available to humankind because an educated population is harder to control and I believe some people knew it would make their belief system unsustainable at some point (this is pure speculation of mine, of course). This would be like the age of enlightenment times one million.

And this is without considering what those beings might tell us. We can't just deny the possibility of being engineered by another civilization or the fact that they might have understanding of the actual meaning of life. It is entirely possible that they can explain existence and they can tell us that human religions are just wrong. Human nature makes people have a hard time accepting that their politician/company/sports team of choice is bad/wrong/crappy/abusive... How would people react when something comes and tells them: not only your religion is wrong but you have been subject to a lie in the benefit of someone else for centuries... My guess is that their reaction would be to discredit that testimony and fit it within their belief system (accuse them of being demons or a hoax).

Of course this wouldn't impact 100% of the religious population but I think the most devote would have a hard time.

We can't even agree on climate change and the severity of a pandemic, getting on the same page on something like this without a huge conflict sounds impossible to me.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Also what happened to this tech, its form like the 1970s

Well there's no admission still really, so people hang on to saying theyre just drones or balloons and military can't identify because they're incompetent (apparently), its foreign tech, even tho that makes less sense to disclosure foreign tech an basically admit they have air superiority the US (since theyre the ones showing the videos)

So it either something else, or US has just admitted to being weak and unable to protect itself against Russia or China tech

Does that scan with people? Admitting they're theyre weaker and have less advanced tech, compared to China or Russia?

As for Russia, they've had tik tac and cigar incidents the same as the US

This video does look dodgy tho, ill admit that, so Russia is seeing the same UFOs as the US is seeing, so guess that leaves China

I'm pretty sure the Chinese have also seen the same type of UFO tech and have no idea what it is. Multiple nations have.

I'm not buying a hidden civilization with advanced tech that live under the sea Aquaman style. That would shatter our understanding of reality more than if it were Aliens from another planet.

Last edited:

INC

I'm pretty sure the Chinese have also seen the same type of UFO tech and have no idea what it is. Multiple nations have.

I'm not buying a hidden civilization with advanced tech that live under the sea Aquaman style. That would shatter our understanding of reality more than if it were Aliens from another planet.

No doubt, I just post shit I read about, dont mean I buy any of it. I remember lazaar saying they dug one up, and it was old (UFO), obviously that's lazaar, so depends how much weight you have in that story

Airola

What if theyre not extraterrestrial at all? But a lost civilization that had the tech already?

Could be, but I'm thinking that lost civilization would probably have lesser tech than what supposed extraterrestrials would have.
I mean that if there are aliens from way out there, then they would need to have something that makes them travel faster than light, or to be able to bend space or whatever. Currently none of these UFOs really show signs of any of that technology, but if they are from outer space, then they would have to have something like that.

So a lost civilization wouldn't necessarily have the ability to go faster than light or bend space or have some supersurveillance systems, but if space aliens exist and if they are capable on doing things we have done but billion times more powerful and efficient, then it is likely they could have a surveillance system that detects everything anyone does and saves that data somewhere to be watched later.

We have to look at what the existence of a lost civilization would require from them to have lived here and to still be here, and we have to look at what the existence of space aliens from some other galaxy would require from them to appear to this planet and still be here. A lost civilization requires nothing remarkable but would perhaps make possible to have a lot more advanced technology compared to us. But space aliens would require remarkable things. And those things would then make it more likely that things like a surveillance system would be just as remarkable as some FTL technology. If we really want to look at what it really means if there are space aliens from outer space, then we need to look further than just their movement ability. Maybe they would even have technology to read and record thoughts and they have every single thought of every single person stored somewhere. At that point all I can hope is that everyone else is in the same asshole perv boat that I am :messenger_grinning_sweat:

These are some really good videos. Part of these vids point out that we have been manipulated since the beginning. They talk about Roswell, bluebook. They’ve called out Lockheed company working on reverse engineering and so forth.

Airola

I'd say one reason some people are attracted to the idea of aliens is that in their mind it would "show us selfish humans our place", especially in religious context. Aliens basically are an anti-religion fantasy to some, when in reality it's not against religious concepts at all despite some might wish it is. The concept of angels and demons who are more capable and powerful than us has been there forever and religious people have had no trouble accepting that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom