• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aliens and UFOs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shai-Tan

Banned
I’m just amused with how many “normies” get roped into this, including people who should know to do a little bit of research before buying into spun narratives

QSD

I’m just amused with how many “normies” get roped into this, including people who should know to do a little bit of research before buying into spun narratives

Don't be dumb man, everyone knows Sam Harris is an alien himself. He was cloned at birth from Ben Stiller, who is also an alien. They're trying to divert attention away from themselves.

Romulus

He has a point. Even though science has proved the earth is round, we still have people that contest something as definite as that. I can't imagine the blowback from even a vague statement that we are being visited by something we don't understand. It's just so easy to attach personal beliefs and subconscious agendas to it that it might cause a massive divide.

Last edited:

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
He has a point. Even though science has proved the earth is flat, we still have people that contest something as definite as that. I can't imagine the blowback from even a vague statement that we are being visited by something we don't understand. It's just so easy to attach personal beliefs and subconscious agendas to it that it might cause a massive divide.

Why does that guy look 20 and 50 at the same time.

If we know some alien energy tech is out there we will get to it quickly? Ehhh I don't know.

Last edited:

StormCell

He has a point. Even though science has proved the earth is flat, we still have people that contest something as definite as that. I can't imagine the blowback from even a vague statement that we are being visited by something we don't understand. It's just so easy to attach personal beliefs and subconscious agendas to it that it might cause a massive divide.

It's already happening. This stuff comes on the news (now) where they're talking about highly credentialed people who were formerly in high ranking positions coming forward to talk about this, and a fair number of people have the exact opposite reaction you would expect. I kind of hate to even point to COVID in this instance, but this just another case waiting to become highly politicized. Doctors and the CDC are stating what they have for facts at the time, and people are blowing them off. It will be no different if we get disclosure of unknowns flying through our airspace. If the agenda is to increase defense spending, it'll be another endless war on terror/unknowns. If not that then the ever creeping surveillance state!

Some will believe they're angels and demons.

Some will believe these are the abductors of the abductees.

Some will believe these are the great architects of the simulation we reside in.

What more do you expect? You, yourself (and others included), have already concluded that they're not hostile when we've never even had an interaction with them as far as we're aware. That's just how it is.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting back becoming a bit more nervous than before because I can't believe just anybody could fly over our nuclear installations provided they're fast enough and unknown enough, and the military doesn't give af.

MMaRsu

I'll preface by saying I've given the Lazaar story almost no attention and know only a little bit about him/it.

What makes a good lie so good is there's always truth sprinkled throughout it. He's managed to use enough facts to spin a very lucrative and fantastic story for himself. That is if he isn't being totally truthful.
How has it been lucrative for him? He states that he's worse off since he's told the story

MMaRsu

bob is obviously a fake and I've been saying that for a long time.
He is making shit up as he goes... Elizondo starts smelling similarly to me...
You don't even need to read people well to notice that.

???

Elizondo has been consistent in all interviews and is expressly not stating his OWN opinion on a lot of these things.. so I dont even KNOW where u can get that idea lmao...

MMaRsu

Earth is flat?

What happened to this thread :/ i thought we were about science

StormCell

How has it been lucrative for him? He states that he's worse off since he's told the story

Okay, considering that his estimated net worth is around $500,000 (although his real net worth is unknown), I could conceive of him not being better off. I imagine it must be very hard to find suitable work with his reputation. However, he is very well known, and that's something.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
???

Elizondo has been consistent in all interviews and is expressly not stating his OWN opinion on a lot of these things.. so I dont even KNOW where u can get that idea lmao...
It's just a feeling... and the man got a goatee for christ sake :D
But seriously. Every next interview and he puts out some another incredible detail which he did not mention before.
I think he might be a disgruntled employee (if he ever really was one) or he saw what he wanted to see.
He is better than Lazar and like 10x more credible but he is still just speaking

INC

But seriously. Every next interview and he puts out some another incredible detail which he did not mention before.
I think he might be a disgruntled employee (if he ever really was one) or he saw what he wanted to see.
He is better than Lazar and like 10x more credible but he is still just speaking

Disgruntled, but with plausible evidence and credible witnesses, thats a bit different to lazaar in every way

Last edited:

INC

of course. That's why I am saying he is better than bob fraudar

Hes just the mouth piece for the evidence so far, I mean if its all real, shouldn't he be compensated for his time? Look where we are now.

What ever the outcome it changes our mindset, alien, foreign tech, our tech, al, of those are massive leaps

If its something else, a new phenomena, thats also awesome, and what that could lead too

Or its all BS, and the planets military across the globe for decades are all incompetent, that would also be amazing

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Hes just the mouth piece for the evidence so far, I mean if its all real, shouldn't he be compensated for his time? Look where we are now.

What ever the outcome it changes our mindset, alien, foreign tech, our tech, al, of those are massive leaps

If its something else, a new phenomena, thats also awesome, and what that could lead too

Or its all BS, and the planets military across the globe for decades are all incompetent, that would also be amazing
If it's all real? sure. he should be credited as he is a big part of the movement.
But it al comes and goes in cycles. The triangle ufo video "released by pentagon" turned out to be bokeh :p
His videos are military radars so that by itself is better. We never had something like this

INC

If it's all real? sure. he should be credited as he is a big part of the movement.
But it al comes and goes in cycles. The triangle ufo video "released by pentagon" turned out to be bokeh :p
His videos are military radars so that by itself is better. We never had something like this

Pretty sure during the last disclosure in 2002, they had radar operators with data and tapes. Cant remember the operators name tho

jufonuk

not tag worthy
xuhspRr.jpg

Shai-Tan

Banned
Earth is flat?

What happened to this thread :/ i thought we were about science
"the real scientific skeptic" is a common pose in ufology. The problem is when it frames it as a personal kind of activity. Science is a social activity which requires a specific kind of engagement checked by others who have relevant expertise. We can think scientifically by cultivating some habits of mind that might be called intellectual hygiene but if the community you're engaged in doesn't manifest it in the right way it's going to be degenerative. I'm not trying to be too negative here because I can see ufology is a fun narrative building exercise for some people. Speculation is fun if you don't mind going down many blind alleys.

Razorback

The fact that these people take the green triangle video seriously has completely eroded my trust in authorities on these matters. I don't care that they are pilots. Maybe they don't know anything about cameras or the bokeh effect, I can give them that, but the thing is blinking in the exact same pattern as a boing 737. They don't stop and think for a minute before going out to the public to give their "expert" opinions.

INC

The fact that these people take the green triangle video seriously has completely eroded my trust in authorities on these matters. I don't care that they are pilots. Maybe they don't know anything about cameras or the bokeh effect, I can give them that, but the thing is blinking in the exact same pattern as a boing 737. They don't stop and think for a minute before going out to the public to give their "expert" opinions.

Could be worse, could be skin walker ranch

MMaRsu

Its not bokeh. Why would people take this dumb shit seriously? As if this hasnt been debunked by the NAVY themselves, and corroborated with radar evidence.

StormCell

What do you mean by this? There's no dispute regarding whether Elizondo worked for the Pentagon or whether he was actually the director of AATIP. All of that is verifiable.

Also, just because something on video has a bokeh effect doesn't make it one of ours or immediately identifiable. The Pentagon only said the video is real. They never said what it was, and they've most certainly never claimed it was a pyramid UFO.

Romulus

Ok let me be clear for moment. I've never thought the triangle video was anything compelling. Having said that, the triangle vid was not taken by pilots, just shipboard crew.

Also, if its indeed unidentified by the military, could an advanced drone or galaxy traveling super beings easily simulate blinking lights of a commercial plane?

Last edited:

Razorback

Its not bokeh. Why would people take this dumb shit seriously? As if this hasnt been debunked by the NAVY themselves, and corroborated with radar evidence.

Watch the first 30 seconds of this video. Explain to me what's wrong with this analysis. Please do not deflect, I really want to know what the best evidence there is that debunks this explanation. You mention the Navy debunked it. Show me.

StormCell

Have you considered that the significance of the object isn't the bokeh effect captured by the recording? The Pentagon never claimed it was a pyramid UFO. The video may just be really crappy and out of focus. One thing is a fact about the aircraft in the video: it's not one of theirs. As for the significance of the aircraft, it may have been a hyeprsonic jet.

That's the thing about these Pentagon videos. Bokeh is the least interesting observation you will make. I bet I can turn a flying cigar into a triangle too.

Razorback

Ok let me be clear for moment. I've never thought the triangle video was anything compelling. Having said that, the triangle vid was not taken by pilots, just shipboard crew.
So? She's a former fighter plane pilot and currently flies a Boeing 737, and she was not capable of identifying the flashing light pattern of the triangle, a Boeing 737. Clearly, this shows that having a figure of authority weighing in on the matter is of little importance. She's clearly wrong. So it's not a stretch that most other pilots we hear talk about their experiences are also making mistakes.

Appeal to authority is a famous fallacy for a reason. That seems to be the central argument going around in defense of these UAP's not having a simple terrestrial explanation. Every attempt at explaining this stuff is met with someone incredulous that we would know more than seasoned pilots or pentagon officials.

Razorback

Have you considered that the significance of the object isn't the bokeh effect captured by the recording? The Pentagon never claimed it was a pyramid UFO. The video may just be really crappy and out of focus. One thing is a fact about the aircraft in the video: it's not one of theirs. As for the significance of the aircraft, it may have been a hyeprsonic jet.

That's the thing about these Pentagon videos. Bokeh is the least interesting observation you will make. I bet I can turn a flying cigar into a triangle too.

It's not one of theirs? I ask you to watch the Mick West video I just posted above. At the 24 second mark, he shows how commercial planes were flying exactly above those GPS coordinates at the time specified.

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: INC

MMaRsu

Watch the first 30 seconds of this video. Explain to me what's wrong with this analysis. Please do not deflect, I really want to know what the best evidence there is that debunks this explanation. You mention the Navy debunked it. Show me.

Mick West doesnt know shit sooo no?

Romulus

So? She's a former fighter plane pilot and currently flies a Boeing 737, and she was not capable of identifying the flashing light pattern of the triangle, a Boeing 737. Clearly, this shows that having a figure of authority weighing in on the matter is of little importance. She's clearly wrong. So it's not a stretch that most other pilots we hear talk about their experiences are also making mistakes.

Appeal to authority is a famous fallacy for a reason. That seems to be the central argument going around in defense of these UAP's not having a simple terrestrial explanation. Every attempt at explaining this stuff is met with someone incredulous that we would know more than seasoned pilots or pentagon officials.

Who are you talking about? She?

Appeal to authority? I would just call it an expert in their field. Supposedly like mick west. But as you admitted you have no idea about how the camera effect works, so he could easily be withholding info in his video or being disengeous to serve his fanbase that want to believe everything is explainable. Which in this case i believe he's right. Just a guess, but like you, I don't know about the camera effect but he could easily be framing this for his fanbase. I would not know.

StormCell

It's not one of theirs? I ask you to watch the Mick West video I just posted above. At the 24 second mark, he shows how commercial planes were flying exactly above those GPS coordinates at the time specified.

You asked me to watch it? I just woke up a half an hour ago...

As for the video, I know almost nothing about it. I don't know why they thought it was significant. I don't know what they saw that made them decide to record it. I don't know if it was one of the commercial planes. I wasn't there.

You've got a lot of my posts to go and read to understand the way I think. I don't care if Mick West says he is 100% sure it was a commercial jet, because that would be foolish of him. 99% sure, okay. 100% sure? No bueno. We don't have the full context of the video. Does the Pentagon even claim that object is unidentified? If they do, then there's something more to the incident perhaps not even caught in video. Do we even have the backstory?

Razorback

Who are you talking about? She?

Appeal to authority? I would just call it an expert in their field. Supposedly like mick west. But as you admitted you have no idea about how the camera effect works, so he could easily be withholding info in his video or being disengeous to serve his fanbase that want to believe everything is explainable. Which in this case i believe he's right. Just a guess, but like you, I don't know about the camera effect but he could easily be framing this for his fanbase. I would not know.

I'm talking about the Wired video with the female pilot commenting on the UAP videos. It's a video on this page. You seem to be talking about something else.

Last edited:

Romulus

I'm talking about the Wired video with the female pilot commenting on the UAP videos. It's a video on this page. You seem to be talking about something.

That pilot didn't follow a triangle with flashing lights. It was a tic tac in broad daylight. Very different.

Bragr

Banned
Lazar is a weird one, he was pretty wacky back in the days and did a lot of weird shit. He might just be one of those compulsive liar types that went so far into a lie he can't get out of it. He might get off being the UFO guy.

I also saw that guy on Rogan recently that mentions how there is a lot of talk in official circles about how much bullshit Lazar is talking.

Razorback

You asked me to watch it? I just woke up a half an hour ago...

uh.... what?
As for the video, I know almost nothing about it. I don't know why they thought it was significant. I don't know what they saw that made them decide to record it. I don't know if it was one of the commercial planes. I wasn't there.

You've got a lot of my posts to go and read to understand the way I think. I don't care if Mick West says he is 100% sure it was a commercial jet, because that would be foolish of him. 99% sure, okay. 100% sure? No bueno. We don't have the full context of the video. Does the Pentagon even claim that object is unidentified? If they do, then there's something more to the incident perhaps not even caught in video. Do we even have the backstory?
He says he's 100% right? Where?

The backstory is that it's a video captured aboard the Navy ship USS Russel off the coast of Los Angeles. The video was posted online by Jeremy Corbell.

StormCell

uh.... what?

He says he's 100% right? Where?

The backstory is that it's a video captured aboard the Navy ship USS Russel off the coast of Los Angeles. The video was posted online by Jeremy Corbell.

My apologies. I'm still waking up. West never says he's 100% sure, it's just the overall tone I get from people posting here.

Jeremy Corbell? 😬

Regarding that video, I would say that the object clearly visible is most likely a civilian aircraft due to the pattern of blinking lights. My question is what is supposed to be significant in the video? Do we even know? I don't really care what Corbell says, because I want to know what was significant to the Pentagon. There has to be more story to this. Was the video confiscated (ie. crewmen aren't supposed to take videos) or was it submitted (is it a gag? was someone looking for a quick discharge? lol).

Does Corbell claim the Pentagon released this? Or is this perhaps some video passed along through the grape vine?

Edit: It's probably becoming obvious by now that I mostly follow this thread for news updates and never really watch the videos or watch the shows on youtube. I do watch some of them, but a lot of it is just a bunch of blah blah blah when all I really want is official information or details from people who really ought to know some facts on this topic.

Last edited:

Razorback

My apologies. I'm still waking up. West never says he's 100% sure, it's just the overall tone I get from people posting here.

Jeremy Corbell? 😬

Regarding that video, I would say that the object clearly visible is most likely a civilian aircraft due to the pattern of blinking lights. My question is what is supposed to be significant in the video? Do we even know? I don't really care what Corbell says, because I want to know what was significant to the Pentagon. There has to be more story to this. Was the video confiscated (ie. crewmen aren't supposed to take videos) or was it submitted (is it a gag? was someone looking for a quick discharge? lol).

Does Corbell claim the Pentagon released this? Or is this perhaps some video passed along through the grape vine?

Edit: It's probably becoming obvious by now that I mostly follow this thread for news updates and never really watch the videos or watch the shows on youtube. I do watch some of them, but a lot of it is just a bunch of blah blah blah when all I really want is official information or details from people who really ought to know some facts on this topic.

I don't know the answers to those questions regarding the green triangle video. Let's hope the coming report answers some of them.

Regarding tone, I get it. It's one of the main reasons why it's hard for people to update their beliefs when discussing things online with others. But I'd say Mick West is surprisingly cordial. He's never rude or shows contempt to any of the people that disagree with him. But he still gets grief because he's saying what a lot of people don't want to hear.

QSD

Yeah so it just occurred to me again that it could all just be false flag thing. Country's falling apart, need a common enemy, hey presto UAP's

I mean look at GAF, what's the one active thread where users from all kinds of backgrounds can more or less get along peacefully?

Exactly.

Romulus

I'd say Mick West is surprisingly cordial. He's never rude or shows contempt to any of the people that disagree with him. But he still gets grief because he's saying what a lot of people don't want to hear.

He also tells people exactly what they want to hear too, everything is explainable and "fine." Don't panic guys it's a bird locked on radar, ballon, airliner, repeat. There's a real fanbase for the comforting people that everything is explainable. Maybe it is too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom