• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Insolitus

Banned
atdNaxq.gif

This whole situation makes Ignis look drunk. "Let's regain our focus" multiple times followed by this pretty blatant miss. You do you fam.

I know this is nothing new for FF, but I can't get over how ridiculous this scene looks.

Yes, this and how they made some enemies extremely faithful to Amano's art. It just makes me fall in love with this game so much.
Hope to see more surprises!

And also Nomura's art: Cactuar, Catoblepas, Garula, Numb Blade, Tonberry were all designed by him. His legacy lives on!

wmlk

I wish Link Strikes functioned in a way where you could call over you ally to help you out. I get that Link Strikes work because it's instantaneous. Currently, it just happens and it's effective, but I wanna control my damn X-Strikes.

I wish Link Strikes functioned in a way where you could call over you ally to help you out. I get that Link Strikes work because it's instantaneous. Currently, it just happens and it's effective, but I wanna control my damn X-Strikes.

I was reading your post thinking "yeah I want to be able to control when X strike comes out" then got to the last sentence.

Tyaren

I'm glad they only went with Amano's designs but with a completely different, realistic art style. I'm probably the only one in the entire world that doesn't like Amano's art style. I in fact disliked his Big Bang artwork so much (it looks like a swirl of vomit to me) that I rather passed on the Deluxe Edition, even though it came with Noctis' awesome suit and the beautiful Leviathan themed Regalia. :/

After that controversial opinion I should have a litte more attention. ;) So, here's my ignored question from last page again:
Do we know if there's a bestiary in the game? It would be such a shame if not.

Koozek

Is there some sort of bestiary in the game? With all these amazing creatures and so much old fan favorites there simply needs to be something that keeps track of what you've uncovered so far and what not. But we haven't heard of anything like that, right? No bestiary would be a huge oversight. :(

Yes:
Noda revealed that – similar to past games in the series and other RPGs – you’ll be able to view things such as enemies, weapons, food and character models in full 3D in a special mode. Unfortunately you won’t be able to view items using this method. Square Enix will also be adding a CG and concept art gallery of sorts, although we won’t have any details on that quite yet.​

Akainu

atdNaxq.gif

This whole situation makes Ignis look drunk. "Let's regain our focus" multiple times followed by this pretty blatant miss. You do you fam.

It a problem when you try to make everything look cooler than it needs to be.

Is the whole demon thing just random enemies? Can you find weaker tonberries in the area?

Oh, man! Speaking of bestiary, how Gladios' Survival is leveled up? I thought it would be linked to combat and exploration, do we know if bestiary will have something to do with it?

I thought his survival skill was just linked to the whole camping thing? Like the more you camp the more it levels up, and maybe he can build better shelters or something later on.

KupoNut

Duscae looks so good and I was tired of it after playing around with Episode Duscae so much, but now I wish it was the starting area. With the Garula's it really drives the feeling of FFI or FFV in full 3D home.

OrionX

Final Fantasy XV |OT| The fantasy becomes reality

Final Fantasy XV |OT| No Stella, no Luna shall hinder us!

Final Fantasy XV |OT| My girlfriend turned into the moon...

Ray Down

Banned
OT| Return of the Godess

It's just a picture of Stella.

Looking at the Bethesda thread, any one want to guess when reviews for XV will go up?

Some would say it already is.

Anyway, none of you have guessed the tag line I decided on.

I personally would be cool with a more serious tag and nothing too punny or snarky. But that's just me. I've never been a big fan of some of these OT tags. I've seen some that irk people the wrong way and start the OT on a sour note. I don't want to see that happen here.

Agreed, I was a big fan and would love to see more from those two.

They did do a great video and would love for them to do a Let's Play. Because they were just so fun.

Philippo

I personally would be cool with a more serious tag and nothing too punny or snarky. But that's just me. I've never been a big fan of some of these OT tags. I've seen some that irk people the wrong way and start the OT on a sour note. I don't want to see that happen here.

Me too actually.
It's such an historical moment, it deserve something serious.
Let's keep the puns for OT2, which i'm sure will come very soon.

Tyaren

Can everybody here please follow the FFXV Twitter page? https://twitter.com/FFXVEN
We need just 383 more followers and they unlock the moogle video. I really want to see it. Even if it is probably a big disappointment.
You can unfollow afterwards again. ;)

Final Fantasy XV |OT| Thanks for everything Stella; I'll take it from here

This is it right Kagari?

Isn't Kagari into FF14 right now and from what I remember she hates product placement,
my guess is that we will get a ridiculous OT blurb.

Here's my pick

Final Fantasy XV |OT| Eyes that see the light of expiring souls

:D!!!!

I'm so cool!

Can everybody here please follow the FFXV Twitter page? https://twitter.com/FFXVEN
We need just 383 more followers and they unlock the moogle video. I really want to see it. Even if it is probably a big disappointment.
You can unfollow afterwards again. ;)

you have my sword

Koozek

You can say what you want about these silly drip-feed Twitter campaigns the FFXV marketing team is doing, but it seemingly worked^^ Before they started it two weeks ago or so the English account had around 90k followers, now it's 150k.

Top Bottom