• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

All-New Press Previews of Final Fantasy XV's First 5 Chapters

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Someone somewhere else pressed me to find the source and I can't actually find the original quote, so it could actually just be that I saw it repeated enough that I thought it was from an official source.

But it's still an edited demo to some degree, since they can't play past chapter 5 AFAIK.
That just means that the rest of the game is locked off, not that they cut out a chunk of a boss fight.

DrBretto

Banned
That just means that the rest of the game is locked off, not that they cut out a chunk of a boss fight.

It doesn't mean anything specifically. Especially if that's ultimately the last major thing you can do in those chapters. They could easily edit that part out and just give you the summon so you can play around with it.

At this point, with no source for the quote, I'd say that's unlikely the fight is edited, but the demo is neither the final version (they were at least two builds back. Lower quality than the Eurogamer build, and both appeared to be earlier builds than the latest Japanese footage) nor is it unedited, by definition.

Ran rp

Please, Kagari, you have to put Stella into it. She must not be forgotten.

image.php

Sagely

I wish Eurogamer would make another video :(
They didn't get the 15 hour version right?

If they did, they haven't shown it.

I'd love to see that, too, though. I'm not sure what her name is, but she was the best player to demo the game yet, IMO.
Yeah Aoife made the combat look really good and she also had great banter with the guy. I'd love to see more from those two, their 45 minutes was a great watch and really captured the game well I thought.

Yeah Aoife made the combat look really good and she also had great banter with the guy. I'd love to see more from those two, their 45 minutes was a great watch and really captured the game well I thought.

Agreed, I was a big fan and would love to see more from those two.

LordKasual

Banned

Those two were hilarious, and Aoife is the best person to grab the sticks thus far for FFXV. They should have just had them two do all the demos.

Sagely

Those two were hilarious, and Aoife is the best person to grab the sticks thus far for FFXV. They should have just had them two do all the demos.

Agreed, I was a big fan and would love to see more from those two.
I reckon I'll be watching their existing video at least a couple more times between now and the end of November if they don't bring out a new one...something to ease the wait ;( haha.

Is there any news on when we can expect reviews? SE seem confident about this so I wonder if we'll get them a full week or two before release? I'd be surprised if there were embargoes up until the day of.

How is that pronounced "Eva"?? lol

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure Aoife ("Eefah") is Irish and a lot of Irish names have this kind of spelling, like Siobhan ("shivaun") for example.

Koozek

How is that pronounced "Eva"?? lol

Thanks!

For the same reason the actress Saoirse Ronan's name is pronounced Sear-sha^^ Irish names. Fun fact: Cait Sith from FFVII is actually pronounced Ket-Shi (based on a Irish/Celtic fairy tale creature).

I think it's probably more like "Eeefa"

Yeah, was actually thinking of writing that to make it clearer because I wasn't sure how English-speakers would pronounce Eva (Ee-wa or Ee-fa).

DrBretto

Banned
https://forum.finalfantasyxv.com/discussion/1995/japn-expo-live-stream/p9

Thanks to Ilazy on mognet.

This is a source (or rather a translation/interpretation of the source) for the Titan Demo. Both the 30% thing and the doesn't end with Blizzaga thing are both mentioned here.

Anyone familiar enough with the actual source that could confirm whether or not this was a translation error of some kind? At this point, it just reads like someone's impressions. I can't even tell who actually said it.

Edit:

upload_2016-10-25_11-56-10-png.569

Asking around to find the original source of these quotes. I'm predicting now that it will debunk both rumors.

DrBretto

Banned
For the same reason the actress Saoirse Ronan's name is pronounced Sear-sha^^ Irish names. Fun fact: Cait Sith from FFVII is actually pronounced Ket-Shi (based on a Irish/Celtic fairy tale creature).

I can't wrap my head around it, so I reject it!

America, fuck yeah! :p

Tyaren

Final Fantasy XV |OT| Tabata Noct it out of the park

I really hope he did. >__<

Also no one celebrating Prompto's birthday? D:

LordKasual

Banned
Guys, just go ahead and put Stella in the title one last time before the game actually releases.

Maybe it'll be closure for those who still mourn her. (Haha, it wont be)

DrBretto

Banned
What? I distinctively remember the PS Access guys did an interview with Tabata and he said no Tonberry. Apparently Tabata's "just saying" can go either side LMAO.

I saw the interview when that happened and immediately my take was that he was having a brain fart or misunderstood something. When he got asked, he had that blank stare. But the GameInformer guys confirmed they had seen it, and then later in the first 53 minute demo, you could see fishing lures made out of tonberry parts, so we knew he was wrong from the get go.

Still cool to see it, though!

I'm guess it came from this spanish-language preview:

https://youtu.be/SNpmTY_sI_k

I haven't seen it all yet.

Tyaren

What? I distinctively remember the PS Access guys did an interview with Tabata and he said no Tonberry. Apparently Tabata's "just saying" can go either side LMAO.

Tabata said there were none but I think it was the Gameinformer guys that said they saw Tonberries in concept art.

Top Bottom