• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AM should port VF4 Final Tuned to PS2 and put VF2 on the same disk and sell it as GH

MAZYORA

I originally thought PSP was the only system Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned should should be ported to, but with the announcement of VF2 being ported to PS2, it made me think that AM2 would be smart to release VF4FT as a Greatest Hits and put VF2 on the same disk. VF 10th anniversery was originally a seperate disk. What do u think? Would you buy VF4FT with VF2 on the same disk as a Greatest Hits? I'm not asking if you want a Xbox or GC version, so thanks in advance, I'm just talkin' about a ps2 version bundled with VF2.

ourumov

I think they also should include Daytona USA 2 and Super GT...And well 30$ for all seems a robbery...I think 5$ + 30% of SEGA stock (given to you) would be fair.

Fularu

Banned
MAZYORA said:
I originally thought PSP was the only system Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned should should be ported to, but with the announcement of VF2 being ported to PS2, it made me think that AM2 would be smart to release VF4FT as a Greatest Hits and put VF2 on the same disk. VF 10th anniversery was originally a seperate disk. What do u think? Would you buy VF4FT with VF2 on the same disk as a Greatest Hits? I'm not asking if you want a Xbox or GC version, so thanks in advance, I'm just talkin' about a ps2 version bundled with VF2.

YEah tell me that when you'll expect every ea sport game to be GH on release since there are less differences between each incarnations of madden than between VF4 evo and VF4 Final Tuned

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MAZYORA said:
I set myself up fo that.

Lyte, are you gonna import VF2 PS2?

I don't know; I just don't see myself going back to this game. Older 3D fighters feel incredibl outdated to me compared to current ones, save for a select few like Tobal 2. With VF4 out, I don't know about going back to VF2, although the game will be selling for cheap...

jarrod

Banned
Naw, Conspiracy should bundle Virtua Racing: Flat Out, Virtua Fighter 2 and Decathlete Collection as Sega Ages: Virtua Classics or something next year.

Argyle

I can still play VF2, but that lack of sidestepping for most characters does kinda feel limiting now...

What's different in Final Tuned? More hats and hairstyles, maybe a new move here and there? :)

(Seriously, I don't know...what's the big deal?)

Argyle

Reno: Go ahead and toss a technical article at me, I can deal with it! I used to play fighting games at least semi-seriously. :)

The GameSpy article makes it look like a nice upgrade, but it's not really any more than the yearly boost most sports games get. I'd buy it if it came out for a home system though, just cause I'm a fan of the series. :)

Sho Nuff

Banned
You guys did hear about the Genesis version of VF3, right? This link reveals all!!!!!!!

vf32.jpg

Sho Nuff

Banned
"Since Genesis is capable of playing Master System games and it's also stereo, it's the most powerful video game system on Earth to date. Because of this, it could easily run a game like Virtua Fighter 3 without flaws. "

doncale

Banned
you cannot *port* a game from stronger hardware (NAOMI 2) to weaker hardware (PS2).

you can only translate, convert or adapt something from stronger hardware to weaker hardware.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
you cannot *port* a game from stronger hardware (NAOMI 2) to weaker hardware (PS2).

you can only translate, convert or adapt something from stronger hardware to weaker hardware.
Porting has as much to do with the portability of the origianl code and the assets as it has to do with the hardware. i.e, a port doesn't have to be a pixel perfect version of the original to be considered a port. You can have a ported game from stronger hardware to a weaker hardware as long as you can reuse/recompile most of the original assets and code, and you also have a game converted from weaker to a stronger hardware that is anything but a port (if you, say, had to rewrite all the code from the original assembly to a target machine's assembly)

For example, some Xbox games written in C++ can be ported to Gamecube or PS2 with some recompiling and tweaking, and the assets can be just shrunk down accommodate smaller memory capacity.

Top Bottom