• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Only $10 off those PS3/Vita titles? That's not an awesome deal I was waiting for... Was going to get 3 for $20 :/

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sigh* Only 25% off the Aksys stuff. BlazBlue CP is $30, and the LE isn't even discounted. Back to sleep, I go.....

Will amazon be listing black friday deals in advance or does it just pop up on their site without announcement? I've been checking this week and they just put up things without warning.

pooptest

It is pretty sad Walmart/Best Buy is killing Amazon in deals right now.
I guess they don't want as much money as I gave them last year.

Agreed. However, today's deal would've been amazing... If Mordor was sold separately for $25 (like it will be at BB in 2 days...). Bundling with LotR is great for Amazon to off-load the plethora of boxsets I'm sure they have, but I bought that 2.5 years ago when it came out. I'm assuming most people have bought it in one of the numerous times it's been on sale for around that same price, too.

chronomac

It's amazing to me that a company as large and (usually) smart as Amazon can't organize or advertise their Black Friday deals in an organized way. Their BF pages are awful.

I know that it has been the sentiment from many up to this point, but this really has been disappointing thus far.

Edit: I really hope that this Watch Dogs sale comes and goes with less than 50% claimed.

pooptest

I know that it has been the sentiment from many up to this point, but this really has been disappointing thus far.

Edit: I really hope that this Watch Dogs sale comes and goes with less than 50% claimed.

40 minutes in and only 19% claimed.You may be right about <50%.

ohh.. better wait for black friday i guess.

Here were the 2 deals I was referring to:
http://slickdeals.net/f/7354010-sam...nternal-solid-state-drive-ssd-243-shipped?v=1
And
http://slickdeals.net/f/7255610-sam...iii-mlc-internal-solid-state-drive-ssd-231-ac

Is Amazon having any black friday board game deals or what? I didn't see anything in the op.

All I've seen are crappy deals for board games so far. If you like niche board games I'd suggest using boardgameprices.com to find some good prices. If you're just looking for mass market games like Monopoly then you're better off sticking with Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, etc.

It's amazing to me that a company as large and (usually) smart as Amazon can't organize or advertise their Black Friday deals in an organized way. Their BF pages are awful.
This year it's terrible but previous years they easily had the best Black Friday setup of all the major online retailers. Not sure if they're just intentionally being sloppy this year or if they didn't see the need for a better presentation.

Deadstar

All I've seen are crappy deals for board games so far. If you like niche board games I'd suggest using boardgameprices.com to find some good prices. If you're just looking for mass market games like Monopoly then you're better off sticking with Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, etc.

Thanks I didn't know about this site. I'm looking for the actual good stuff, not trash like Monopoly lol. I've heard good things about Mice and Mystics. My collection is somewhat strong, just looking for a few different games. I just picked up Sheriff of Nottingham but haven't played it yet.

Agreed. However, today's deal would've been amazing... If Mordor was sold separately for $25 (like it will be at BB in 2 days...). Bundling with LotR is great for Amazon to off-load the plethora of boxsets I'm sure they have, but I bought that 2.5 years ago when it came out. I'm assuming most people have bought it in one of the numerous times it's been on sale for around that same price, too.
If you have a K-Mart somewhat near you, they are selling Mordor for $25.
I am picking up mine tomorrow...

Thanks I didn't know about this site. I'm looking for the actual good stuff, not trash like Monopoly lol. I've heard good things about Mice and Mystics. My collection is somewhat strong, just looking for a few different games. I just picked up Sheriff of Nottingham but haven't played it yet.

Sweet! A fellow aficionado... we have derailed the thread a tad with our sidebar conversation but if you haven't been on boardgamegeek then definitely check it out. I have the same username over there if you wanted to checkout my collection. PM me here (or over on boardgamegeek if you have an account) if you have any questions and I may have some recommendations to make for you if you're interested...

JaseMath

Heck yes, it is!

Yeah, they are the Extended Editions, so each movie is in two disks.

I never understood why. Surely the disk is big enough...the whole point of blu-ray was space for such things in the HD era. It really irritates me that the EE are split into two.

pooptest

If you have a K-Mart somewhat near you, they are selling Mordor for $25.
I am picking up mine tomorrow...

I do, but an hour after it was posted on SD, it was already unavailable at all Kmarts within a 50 mile radius. I'll just wait for BB to get my business instead of Amazon. Oh well...

Thank you, though.

Rflagg

Was really hoping for Diablo 3 (ps4) and a DualShock 4 to go on sale before the actual black friday or cyber Monday events, because I work during both events it doesn't look like it will happen. :(

Top Bottom