• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon - Black Friday deals

Fiance thinks a 22" CRT TV is more than good enough for a TV when we get married. She'll do all her gaming on 3DS and the Wii u gamepad anyways. I may have to jump on that 32" TV!

Effect

60 unity, 30 black flag, 60 1 yr xbl

I hope it isn't the same bundle. Ugh. That's one of the big things that is stopping me now I believe. I don't need nor desire two AC games. Especially Black Flag which I've already played and had problems with.

Sai

Ah. I thought it sold out already because Prime members got to it first. If it hasn't actually been released yet, then good. :D

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
What are the chances of some kind of discount for PS4 GTA V? I'm guessing they are pretty low, since it just launched, but Amazon was the only company to have a decent BF price shortly after the last-gen versions were first available.

Edit: Sorry for the double post. The thread is moving a little slower than anticipated.

Jupiter

Pretty well I think. The biggest issue with TVs is that their PPI (pixels per inch) is incredibly low. I have a 22" monitor that is 1080p, and if you get a 32 or 40 incher you're getting the exact same amount of pixels.

I'd recommend placing it significantly farther than you would a monitor. Rather than <1 foot give it 2 or 2.5. Or if the low PPI doesn't bother you then marvel at your gigantic TV from up close. That in itself is oddly satisfying as well :p

Cool thanks, it should be about 3 ft away, so it should be fine i guess.

br3wnor

Fiance thinks a 22" CRT TV is more than good enough for a TV when we get married. She'll do all her gaming on 3DS and the Wii u gamepad anyways. I may have to jump on that 32" TV!

Feel that one bro. Tried convincing my wife to spend some of the wedding money on upgrading my 42" Samsung and it was a no go. She's dumbfounded how 42" isn't big enough for our 1BR apartment, and she's right but man I'd love a 60".

22" is just brutal though, jump all over that 32"

rjinaz

When is the 50'' Toshiba deal going live?

It will likely be random, they won't give you the day, they won't even list it first thing in the morning with everything else. It's like a one hour notice after it pops up, That's how the best deals went down last year.

Good luck to us all.

chemicals

Thank you, Amazon... For letting me get black friday prices without being elbowed in the stomach by an elderly woman.

Seriously though.. I LOVE this idea. Amazon might just persuade me to buy an xbone (even though I'm really saddened to see so many broken ones straight out of the box at my work)

It will likely be random, they won't give you the day, they won't even list it first thing in the morning with everything else. It's like a one hour notice after it pops up, That's how the best deals went down last year.

Good luck to us all.

Is there any way to get notified or do we literally have to be checking the site every hour?

What are the chances of some kind of discount for PS4 GTA V? I'm guessing they are pretty low, since it just launched, but Amazon was the only company to have a decent BF price shortly after the last-gen versions were first available.

I'm betting that there will not be a sale on GTA V PS4 at Amazon or any retailer since it just came out this week.

However, as soon as people start getting the new GTA V + Last of Us PS4 bundles there will be plenty of people selling copies for cheap, or at least cheaper.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I'm betting that there will not be a sale on GTA V PS4 at Amazon or any retailer since it just came out this week.

However, as soon as people start getting the new GTA V + Last of Us PS4 bundles there will be plenty of people selling copies for cheap, or at least cheaper.
Hmm. . .good point. I hope this happens sooner than later.

sad there's no ps+/psn card deals this year :(

The one year I actually need one =/

If one of you guys want a year of PSN I'll sell you one for $30 through paypal. Just pm me and then I can pm you the code once payment goes through.

I'd suggest you keep it that way.

Lol, I actually have the movie. Just haven't watched yet. Anyways this year looks kind of crappy for sales on 4k tvs. Was hoping for a doorbuster on one of those new Vizio 4ks in 60+ inches.

YESS!!! Just got the Samsung Plasma PN51F8500 for $997.99. I highly recommend u try ur best to hunt this tv down. It is the last Plasma ever made and one of the best ever. Only the Oled TV's provide better picture quality and those won't be coming down in price anytime soon. Best Buy and Sears are having weird issues with the checkout process online, but the Samsung website says that those merchants have them in stock. I got it from a local authorized samsung retailer here in NY. It is perfect for gaming fellas. Google it or youtube it, get it before it is gone like the Panasonic VT60 last year.

inki

YESS!!! Just got the Samsung Plasma PN51F8500 for $997.99. I highly recommend u try ur best to hunt this tv down. It is the last Plasma ever made and one of the best ever. Only the Oled TV's provide better picture quality and those won't be coming down in price anytime soon. Best Buy and Sears are having weird issues with the checkout process online, but the Samsung website says that those merchants have them in stock. I got it from a local authorized samsung retailer here in NY. It is perfect for gaming fellas. Google it or youtube it, get it before it is gone like the Panasonic VT60 last year.

Is there a bigger variant? I'm looking for (optimally) a 65in.

Sorry nvm - Was thinking it was a 4k.

Feel that one bro. Tried convincing my wife to spend some of the wedding money on upgrading my 42" Samsung and it was a no go. She's dumbfounded how 42" isn't big enough for our 1BR apartment, and she's right but man I'd love a 60".

22" is just brutal though, jump all over that 32"
I cannot live without a 55" at least. I used to have a 46" which I gave to my brother and whenever I go over I'm in shock I used to game with that thing...I know I'm ridiculous :(

Nope, I guess we just have to watch prime early access tab to know when it's going down. Plus I want to know the brand of that infamous $119 40inch 1080p led tv
I bet you anything it is Element to match Target's. I got one at Walmart. I am totally fine with doing it a week before since that means Thanksgiving is for family.

Top Bottom