• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's alright, I got a January $5 coupon for 75 cents.
No!! I want my 75 cents back!! Or/And the ban of JaseC!!

Jaja no problem this things happen

:)

Where do I check for my coupons? I should have a 2K one.

As far as I'm aware it's not possible to view your software/video game promotional credit at such a level (it's all lumped together), so the best you can do is search your inbox for the following phrase:

Thank you for your purchase of a 2K Digital Video Game in 2012 from Amazon.com. To thank you, 2K and Amazon would like to offer you a $5 credit towards any 2K Digital Video Game Sold by Amazon

alf717

Looks good to me. I think there's also the map packs, which don't show up under the DLC menu.

If you're doubtful whether you have them all, sign onto Steam and open up all the different DLC pages for the game. It'll tell you if you own it or not.

Thank you for checking. I made the mistake of buying each DLC separate when all I had to do was buy the GOTY upgrade but I'm only out like an extra $4. Considering Civ V was $3.99 and Gods and Kings was $2.64. $11.02 worth of DLC is nothing, annoying but still not a huge deal.

Def Jukie

So I see this Square Enix pack is listed on the Editor's Choice page: http://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Great-Square-Pack-Download/dp/B009PNLAAW/ref=br_lf_m_1000728511_2_31_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1449220742&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HCZF8KYGPKYDB133E57

Is this really going to be on sale? Only one of those games even came out this year.

Also, I've got probably 7 or 8 of those $5 promo codes. I will be able to use them all if I want on separate purchases, correct? I know you can't stack them. I can't imagine it's going to be the same price but I will be giving out a bunch of Hotline Miami keys if it's still $4.99 on the 1st.

jediyoshi

Considering it was up for $10 when it went up the first time, it's a pretty good deal.

ElfArmy177

Regarding Dark Souls PC...I have beat Demon's Souls and got close to beat Dark Souls on PS3. My question is, is it worth it to buy on PC? I have a nice rig to run it but not sure to buy it again.

My issue with Dark Souls PS3 is that its been months since I played and left my character around LVL 100 or so and Im sure ill get my ass kicked since I havent played it for so long and dont really remember what to do in what order so am I better off just buying PC version and starting fresh again?

I finished dark souls on Xbox and got it for PC. The higher res and 60fps (with mods) alone makes it worth it.

So I see this Square Enix pack is listed on the Editor's Choice page: http://www.amazon.com/Absolutely-Great-Square-Pack-Download/dp/B009PNLAAW/ref=br_lf_m_1000728511_2_31_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1449220742&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000728511&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1HCZF8KYGPKYDB133E57

Is this really going to be on sale? Only one of those games even came out this year.

Also, I've got probably 7 or 8 of those $5 promo codes. I will be able to use them all if I want on separate purchases, correct? I know you can't stack them. I can't imagine it's going to be the same price but I will be giving out a bunch of Hotline Miami keys if it's still $4.99 on the 1st.
Wow. It was gone in a few hours the first time it went live. Absolutely worth it, if you don't own any of the games. Expecting this to sell out asap.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Wow. It was gone in a few hours the first time it went live. Absolutely worth it, if you don't own any of the games. Expecting this to sell out asap.
Yeah, it was supposed to last a whole week, and the keys ran out after less than 2 days. I'd say the bundle was a success.

That went fast.

Doomrider

Hotline Miami is 4.99 now, will it stay like that in January?

I hope the price rises to 7.50 or something, otherwise you can't apply the coupon (the system is set up in a way that doesn't allow users to get free games, according to Tony).

About the Square pack, I remember him saying it definitely wouldn't be coming back. That's odd.

I hope the price rises to 7.50 or something, otherwise you can't apply the coupon (the system is set up in a way that doesn't allow users to get free games, according to Tony).

About the Square pack, I remember him saying it definitely wouldn't be coming back. That's odd.

Really? I heard people got some free games this year with the coupons...

Ah well.

Doomrider

Ah well.

I was going to edit my post with the source, but here it is (from CAG):

Amazon Dewd said:
Chiming in while my excel eats itself trying to crunch numbers.

Yes, we opted to leave DSII Franchise in place. Also, we're PMing Steam on the $7.49 SRTT FP, which will stay in place until that deal is over and then move to $12.49.

Lastly the program is specifically designed NOT to pass out free games so it is essentially $4.99+ or $5+ (meaning MORE than)

Cheers,
Tony

I'll also look for the one about the Square pack.

EDIT: Right, found it.

coopolon

Yes, you can use multiple coupons on multiple purchases, just can't use multiple coupons on the same purchase.

tmarques

Running out of time to spend the 2k coupon. Between WTF (although I'll end up playing only Darkness 2) and Strategy (although, again, just for CivV)

I avoided Civ V at the time because everyone said it was inferior to IV anyway. Does Gods & King rectify that?

emag

Running out of time to spend the 2k coupon. Between WTF (although I'll end up playing only Darkness 2) and Strategy (although, again, just for CivV)

I avoided Civ V at the time because everyone said it was inferior to IV anyway. Does Gods & King rectify that?

Gods & Kings (and the numerous patches to the base game) have made Civ V better than IV (both base and BtS) to me. FWIW, I've been playing Civ since the first game (picked it up a little late, in '93) and have enjoyed each new game upon release except for III and V.

M.D

Anyone here who has a 2K coupon and doesn't need it? I want to buy the strategy pack

Also looking for someone who could help me buy it and I will pay him with PayPal

bigace33

Awesome! This would be a great pack to just give out games with.I have every last game in the bundle already. This is an automatic buy.

Anyone who is wondering about the Absolutely Great Square Pack that was on the Editor's Choice.
Hey guys,

I was using that pack as a placeholder for stuff that the $5 coupon would work on, specifically because it will likely never go live again.

One of our automated systems put it on that page, we'll get it off ASAP.

Cheers,
Tony
It was never meant to be. :(

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Are they adding more games to the editor's choice section then?

Ah well.

I doubt this since the coupons so far all have a price activation barrier which is usually greater than 4.99.

Unless they had some other credit, gift card or the bought some premium stuff for some of the free to pay games Amazon is pushing.

That square thing might be a mistake? Someone asked Tony like a week ago if that would ever come back and he said never ever would it come back. Maybe things changed but just don't bank on it.

OniShiro

Banned
That square thing might be a mistake? Someone asked Tony like a week ago if that would ever come back and he said never ever would it come back. Maybe things changed but just don't bank on it.

Tony has already said that it's a placeholder for another offer, the Square Enix pack won't be on sale again.

I just received an amazon gift card this afternoon which I was going to use to buy Assassin's Creed 3 but the price went back up to $50. Any chance it will be sub $40 on Amazon anytime soon?

hom3land

Are the discounts on Bioshock 1+2+Spec Ops and 2K Strategy Bundles gonna end on the 31st?

yes sir. Been debating now for days whether to use mine. Already bought the Desert to sea bundle and the only other game that tempts me is Darkness 2 and that would go on the bottom of a backlog thats so long, I'm not sure I'd be able to complete in my lifetime.

KissVibes

Banned
Goddammit, I thought that Spec Ops + Bioshock deal would run until the 5th giving me time to buy it (I literally have zero dollars until the 3rd). I guess not buying it would make me feel a little better about buying a mic stand and pop filter that day.

Bioshock Dual Pack is going up to $9.99, but it'll be on the EC list. Sounds like 2k Super Strategy Pack will also be on the EC list too. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AMKTR48/?tag=neogaf0e-20
I'm still getting stuff in from developers. I'm waiting until we have a full, finalized list before posting though. I will tell you that those who missed out on the 2K packs should be good to go as it looks like we'll be adding those for the effective prices as right now.

So the only one that should go up in SRP is the Bioshock Pack, to $9.99, which will make it $4.99.

The other packs will all be their current SRP + the $5 off anyone with an EC coupon.

There is a very slight possibility that XCOM, Borderlands 2, and NBA 2K13 will get promotions (they are already on the list). We're still thinking about it though.

For those waiting to pick up a big chunk of The Sims 3:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AV9N0UM/?tag=neogaf0e-20 will be $50 or $45 with coupon.
Thanks guys you all are great.

Cheers,
Tony

I just received an amazon gift card this afternoon which I was going to use to buy Assassin's Creed 3 but the price went back up to $50. Any chance it will be sub $40 on Amazon anytime soon?

Maybe, if Amazon matches Steam (I believe AC has already been a daily so it's either flash or community).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom