• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Well, that sucks. Just had a look at the Darksiders Franchise Pack and noticed that each of the DLC is available for purchase separately... but not as the pack itself. Boo.

Feel so dumb for not jumping on the Lego LOTR sale.

Not to rub it in... actually yeah I'll rub it in :D the game is awesome! The production values are REALLY good and it has voice acting for the first time in a Lego game. This was probably the best deal of the entire year for me. I love LotR

Lain

Thinking about using the 5$ coupon on the WTF Pack but The Darkness 2 is the only thing I'd want from it (already have BL Goty and not a fan of the Duke). Is it good? I remember playing the demo of the first one on my PS3 and not liking it much.

coopolon

I was doubting between that and Civ IV complete.

Is Civ IV complete playable or needs heavy modding to make it work on modern machines?

It is completely 100% playable without any modding or tweaking on modern machines, and probably still a better game than Civ V if you ask me (although I haven't played Gods and Kings yet.) And then when you get bored with it, you could start playing with some of the most incredible mods ever created, but you certainly never have too.

Edit:
Well, I say that, but then I check the pc gaming wiki and it says there have been reported problems with Win 7 64 bit. I've never encountered any problems and that is the first time I've heard of any problems.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Thanks for the link. I had the 2K coupon so got Gods & Kings for $5.
GMG is going to have Gods & Kings for 85% off (+30% off if the code is still active) on Sunday.
Edit:Oh, well it's about the same at the end, unless if that 30% code works, drat.

coopolon

Thanks for the link. I had the 2K coupon so got Gods & Kings for $5.
Edit:Oh, well it's about the same at the end, unless if that 30% code works, drat.

Yah, would have been better to wait. Oh well, only $1.50 off, that's the risk we take these days.

Aaron

Thinking about using the 5$ coupon on the WTF Pack but The Darkness 2 is the only thing I'd want from it (already have BL Goty and not a fan of the Duke). Is it good? I remember playing the demo of the first one on my PS3 and not liking it much.
I'll paypal you $2 for Duke if you get the pack. Darkness II is a pretty good shooter, but I already have it. Little on the short side, but worth more than $5 imo.

Relax.MX

I can buy a 0.75 cents dlc of 2k and i get the 5 usd of credit for a game of them? because i only want the Desert Sea Bundle...

What's added to the Editor's Choice.
Update, these will be on sale in January AND added to the Editor's Choice List:

1/1-1/2:

The Secret World - $17.99

1/1-1/5:

Mass Effect Trilogy - 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur Complete Bundle - 14.99
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 26.99
Mass Effect 3 - 14.99
Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Version - 19.99
Battlefield 3: Premium Edition - 35.99
Need for Speed Most Wanted - Standard Edition - 29.99
FIFA Soccer 13 - 19.99
FIFA Manager 13 - 19.99
Command and Conquer The Ultimate Collection - 29.99

Cheers,
Tony
Damn, no Hitman, or any of the 2k bundles, but I could get ME3 or Kingdom of Amalur Complete Bundle for $10. Hmm, not bad.

What's added to the Editor's Choice.

Damn, no Hitman, or any of the 2k bundles, but I could get ME3 or Kingdom of Amalur Complete Bundle for $10. Hmm, not bad.

Meh, most of these aren't appealing at all. Looks like I'm going to have a shitload of those $5 coupons left if the rest are like this.

Vossler

Tempted by Dark Souls, but not sure if I would have the patience to beat it. I played a bit of Demon's Souls, thought it was decent, but have heard encouraging things about Dark..

I thought you had to buy a 2K item before the 25/26th to get the publisher coupon, but I may be wrong.

2K is the only publisher with a coupon at the moment. THQ, Ubisoft, and EA's coupons were only valid on the 25th.

lolmoose

Neo Member
I'm also wondering this.
And what's the cheapest thing I can buy to get a coupon for dark souls?

I purchased the Desert to Sea bundle and never received a coupon.. just talked to Amazon customer service and he said if I never got the email then I don't get it:p I didn't get a $5 Editor's Choice coupon either.

alf717

Decided to get caught up with Civ V by getting all the DLC. I think I have everything now.

Does this look right?

Piano

Banned
I thought you had to buy a 2K item before the 25/26th to get the publisher coupon, but I may be wrong.

2K is the only publisher with a coupon at the moment. THQ, Ubisoft, and EA's coupons were only valid on the 25th.

Hmm...I bought Desert to Sea before the 25th and don't think I got anything. I guess I'll search my inbox to be sure.

So how are people talking about getting Dark Souls for $12.xx if there's no Namco coupon?

masterkajo

Hmm...I bought Desert to Sea before the 25th and don't think I got anything. I guess I'll search my inbox to be sure.

So how are people talking about getting Dark Souls for $12.xx if there's no Namco coupon?

There is a -$5 coupon for the editor's choice games starting 1/1/2013. Dark Souls is one of them.

Darknight

Regarding Dark Souls PC...I have beat Demon's Souls and got close to beat Dark Souls on PS3. My question is, is it worth it to buy on PC? I have a nice rig to run it but not sure to buy it again.

My issue with Dark Souls PS3 is that its been months since I played and left my character around LVL 100 or so and Im sure ill get my ass kicked since I havent played it for so long and dont really remember what to do in what order so am I better off just buying PC version and starting fresh again?

Kammie

Decided to get caught up with Civ V by getting all the DLC. I think I have everything now.

Does this look right?
Looks good to me. I think there's also the map packs, which don't show up under the DLC menu.

If you're doubtful whether you have them all, sign onto Steam and open up all the different DLC pages for the game. It'll tell you if you own it or not.

lolmoose

Neo Member
Regarding Dark Souls PC...I have beat Demon's Souls and got close to beat Dark Souls on PS3. My question is, is it worth it to buy on PC? I have a nice rig to run it but not sure to buy it again.

My issue with Dark Souls PS3 is that its been months since I played and left my character around LVL 100 or so and Im sure ill get my ass kicked since I havent played it for so long and dont really remember what to do in what order so am I better off just buying PC version and starting fresh again?

Yes, if you get it for a good price. The dsfix is godly if you have a the right machine for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom