• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
I have $60 in amazon credit but there's nothing I want to buy (maybe if it wasn't $5 off per-item it would be handy). Is there anyway I could use that to help people in this thread or others?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Was gonna buy Secret World but noticed it's not Steam-enabled.

Are we getting new additions to this Editor's Choice sale throughout the month or is this it?

zulux21

Are we getting new additions to this Editor's Choice sale throughout the month or is this it?

it's been said more stuff will be coming. For example all of the 2k stuff should be added to it, at the sale prices they were this last week, tomorrow aside from the bioshock 1/2 pack at $5. if you want bioshock 1 and 2 for $5 you will just have to get a copy of spec ops with it for free (or alternatively pay $5 for spec ops and get bioshock 1/2 for free.... or alternatively it's a bundle of all 3 of those games for $5 :p)

They will be added. Spec Ops and Darkness 2 will be $7.49 tomorrow. It'll be $2.49 each after coupon.

I got Hotline Miami on a whim and I am totally blown away. I thought it looked just ok, but it is so quick, brutal, and challenging. And the soundtrack is nice too ;)

Sarcasm

How is this possible?

iJnKLu75ILPvv.PNG

I bought 4 items. 2 games and 2 DLC. I only got 2 emails for 5 bucks back..how does this work?

dani_dc

How is this possible?

iJnKLu75ILPvv.PNG

I bought 4 items. 2 games and 2 DLC. I only got 2 emails for 5 bucks back..how does this work?

You should had gotten 4 emails, I got 2 DLC and got the corresponding emails for the discount, are you sure you didn't miss them or that they ended up on the junk folder?
The rest, as others mentioned, is credit for F2P games.

Unfortunately Amazon doesn't has any easy way to see how much you have in terms of credits and what the origin of said credits is.

I bought The Secret World, and have to register on their site. But why do I have to enter my CC info and why does the page say it will cost me 29.99? I already bought the game?

didamangi

Posting this again.

Spec Ops and Darkness II is $2.49 each on Amazon if you have the $5 credit :)

If someone has an extra credit and be willing to help me get Spec Ops at that price, pm me please :)

GlenChivas is a top man, thx!

Hitman or XCOM? I own XCOM on 360 and love it and I played a bit of Hitman with a free redbox rental thanks to Wario.

Still not sure...

EDIT.... Yeah its XCOM... I don't even know why I posted.

OMG, THe 2k Strategy Super Pack is $14.99, $9.99 after coupon. I called Amazon cs and they gave me $5 promo credit since I had already viewed the code. Not a refund, but I'm planning to buy something with it anyway so it's still good. Oh wait, just as I was about to post, it's back to $19.99. Still got my promo credit.

Addnan

The last 7 or so games I bought from Amazon have all gone to the stage where it says it will take up to 4 hours to process :/. Its not the biggest problem since games do come eventually, but still kinda annoying. Happening to anyone else?

Toki767

OMG, THe 2k Strategy Super Pack is $14.99, $9.99 after coupon. I called Amazon cs and they gave me $5 promo credit since I had already viewed the code. Not a refund, but I'm planning to buy something with it anyway so it's still good. Oh wait, just as I was about to post, it's back to $19.99. Still got my promo credit.

You just got my hopes up :(

Don't the Sims games?

But yeah, I'm not bothered as long as it activates on one of them.

Any modern game published by EA is Origin-only. Theoretically, the "last straw" for EA was Valve not allowing EA to sell DLC inside its games and not giving Valve a percentage of the revenue.

Older games like The Sims 3, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age all still activate on Steam to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

Alex

I already bought and finished Spec Ops months ago, but doesn't it have online co-op? Considering buying a copy to play with a friend.

Any modern game published by EA is Origin-only. Theoretically, the "last straw" for EA was Valve not allowing EA to sell DLC inside its games and not giving Valve a percentage of the revenue.

Older games like The Sims 3, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age all still activate on Steam to my knowledge, but I could be wrong.

They do not activate on Steam. Only Steamworks titles do this, and EA was never a part of that program. All of those games do, however, activate on Origin.

dani_dc

I believe this bit is incorrect. Valve seems to require for games to have DLC available via the Steam store, but not exclusively via it, as seen by various game such as Batman:AC or SSFIV:AE both of which have DLC available via Steam and GFWL. Either that or the possibility use of using Steam Wallet to buy the DLC such as seem in some F2P games such as Spiral Knights and The Secret World.

They do not activate on Steam. Only Steamworks titles do this, and EA was never a part of that program. All of those games do, however, activate on Origin.

Not just Steamworks titles, publishers can get Steam keys regardless if they are Steamworks titles or not, several games on Amazon as well as GMG do this (such as Max Payne 3). Though I believe you are correct about no EA game registering on Steam.

Eusis

I already bought and finished Spec Ops months ago, but doesn't it have online co-op? Considering buying a copy to play with a friend.
No, not anything for the campaign anyway. Someone thought to do the same with me closer to release, but when I looked it wasn't there.

Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth the time investment? I played the demo and absolutely loved the combat system, I've just been waiting for a Steam Sale. That's something I doubt I'll see in this lifetime, so I don't mind the Origin activation.

Artifice

Neo Member
I saw a couple people on this page have excess $5 credits they do not want.

Would any such kind Gaffer be willing to buy Spec Ops for me? I'd be happy to paypal $2.49 back to you!

rockx4

Is Kingdoms of Amalur worth the time investment? I played the demo and absolutely loved the combat system, I've just been waiting for a Steam Sale. That's something I doubt I'll see in this lifetime, so I don't mind the Origin activation.

I actually haven't seen Amalur go on sale on Steam, but I might have missed it. The game isn't bad, it's just very average. I enjoyed it, and $9.99(using the coupon) for the base game plus both DLC is a pretty good deal.

coopolon

Sad I missed the Max Payne 3 price match. I can't even find the downloadable option now on Amazon. Oh well, I'll get it this next holiday season.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
If I buy it you'll be the first to know. Promise. :)

Oh well, I wanted FEAR pack to be on sale. It would have been awesome, it's about time I get it. :p
Oh yes, it's about time everyone plays F.E.A.R. To this day, its shooting hasn't been surpassed by any other game, though Max Payne 3 comes close.

Dingotech

Oh yes, it's about time everyone plays F.E.A.R. To this day, its shooting hasn't been surpassed by any other game, though Max Payne 3 comes close.

I remember playing my brothers copy of FEAR when it first came out, dang the gunplay felt so deadly! Every bullet felt like it was smashing the enemy, and it sounded great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom