• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

WTF
w1DEp.jpg

How do I redeem it? lol

It's automatically tied to your account. If you go into checkout of a game and the credit doesn't insert itself, the credit doesn't apply.

Speevy

Banned
Mine says $230 or something of credit, but I think I used all the $5 coupons.

Is it all just free to play stuff?

Why don't they tell you?

Yea, I put in 5 on normal, then less than 4 on whatever the hardest difficulty was for the achievement. I'm not sure how you can get to 9 unless you spend a lot of time combing for intel.
That's what I was doing and listening to all intel. Still didn't collect them all. Will do another playthrough some other time for them.

KissVibes

Banned
Wait, what do you mean used on anything? How?

I asked them.

Beyond Dark Souls, there was nothing I really wanted and that credit would go to waste. Coupled with the fact that I spend a lot of money on amazon every year (If it ain't food, I buy it from Amazon) they turned it into neutral credit I could use on whatever I wanted. Being the dirty poor that I am, I started combing through items I wanted but again only really wanted Dark Souls (Waiting for BL2 + XCOM GotY editions, Max Payne 3 will be cheaper soon); So I bought my brother Scribblenauts Unlimited for the 3DS and an Adventure Time shirt for his birthday on the 17th. Dark Souls and my personal greed can wait until the next sale.

Nabs

anyone comment on origin/kingdoms controller support? I'm assuming its in there, but how well does it work?

It's good. You can swap between keyboard and controller on the fly. You can actually use both if you end up with too many skills. I mapped the passive stuff to the keyboard (7-9) and would only have to press the hotkeys once or twice a session. Not bad.

Eusis

It's automatically tied to your account. If you go into checkout of a game and the credit doesn't insert itself, the credit doesn't apply.
Yeah, still operating as before. If it really was all turned into credit to be used on whatever I'd immediately blow it on Soul Hackers, or if they did it JUST for this promo I might've gotten ME3:DD just to have the whole trilogy on PC.

I asked them.

Beyond Dark Souls, there was nothing I really wanted and that credit would go to waste. Coupled with the fact that I spend a lot of money on amazon every year (If it ain't food, I buy it from Amazon) they turned it into neutral credit I could use on whatever I wanted. Being the dirty poor that I am, I started combing through items I wanted but again only really wanted Dark Souls (Waiting for BL2 + XCOM GotY editions, Max Payne 3 will be cheaper soon); So I bought my brother Scribblenauts Unlimited for the 3DS and an Adventure Time shirt for his birthday on the 17th. Dark Souls and my personal greed can wait until the next sale.

How exactly did you go about contacting them? I've got $114 in credit that would definitely be more useful elsewhere.

Kammie

Depends on the difficulty, I didn't care much for the gameplay so just bumped it down to easy and ran through it. Says 5 hours on my steam account, but I know it was quite a bit less (left game idle).
This is doing the game a disservice. I just tried the last few stages on easy difficulty, and it took absolutely all the tension out of it.

Took me 9 hours to beat, and my time counter in the game says 5 hours 47 minutes.... so that's a lot of dying, but never unfair. You learn from your mistakes and devise different tactics.

Really great game, and the story is fantastic. Haven't liked anything this much in a long time. I urge everyone to get it while it's cheap!

hlhbk

Does borderlands 2 on amazon activate on Steam?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw Steam was required! Woot Borderlands 2 for $25!

Also is the season pass worth it?

tmarques

Turns out I still have at least one more $5 coupon, even though I only got one email - at least it's showing in the basket. Where are you people checking your credits within Amazon? Can't seem to find anything about it.

Turns out I still have at least one more $5 coupon, even though I only got one email - at least it's showing in the basket. Where are you people checking your credits within Amazon? Can't seem to find anything about it.

It's ridiculously difficult to find your promo credits on Amazon. Here's a direct link that should help. Your credits should show up in a pop up - http://amzn.to/mp3-balance

Contacted support and had my $5 coupons switched to a global one for a total of 65 bucks, plus they let me keep the $5 coupons I think which is amazing. Ended up grabbing the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle and Blacks Ops II, lol. Only took them like 30 minutes to do it. Amazing.

Contacted support and had my $5 coupons switched to a global one for a total of 65 bucks, plus they let me keep the $5 coupons I think which is amazing. Ended up grabbing the Kingdoms of Amalur bundle and Blacks Ops II, lol. Only took them like 30 minutes to do it. Amazing.

wth? what'd you even SAY to them?

wth? what'd you even SAY to them?

I just told them I had heard you could get your promotions credits converted to a global credit and they said, even when escalated, that they couldn't do that they would issues an equal credit to "make it right for me"

I would have been fine if they just said no, but to do that is really incredible service. I still have the separate $5 dollar credits and 7 bucks left from the addition credit they gave me.

NoRéN

what's a global coupon/credit?

I bet you were obnoxious on the phone.

why does it read like sgt pepper and horsemama1965 are the same person posting about amazon's response?

I just sent them an email asking about it...You gotta wait for a few hours I think. I mailed them for a refund a while back and it took 2 hours for them to respond.

this was posted while the thing about the credit was via horsemama1965

tmarques

Yeah, I'm just happy everyone has been able to capitalize on getting their credit turned into generic credit that can be used as the see fit. It's great to be able to help people.

Does that include all that useless Airmech / Whatever Quest credit? That would be hysterical.

KissVibes

Banned
Does that include all that useless Airmech / Whatever Quest credit? That would be hysterical.

It was all the credit I've earned. Those MP3 credit they give away on Twitter, VOD credits, ect.... All of it was turned into free money for whatever I wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom