• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I still have a $5 credit left but I don't have any strong desire for the rest of the games on the list. I see two different $10 packs that contain both Bioshock games, but it's down to picking Spec Ops or DNF for the third game.

I guess I could go for Battlefield Premium though I haven't played BF3 for such a long time. :/

So I still have a $5 credit left but I don't have any strong desire for the rest of the games on the list. I see two different $10 packs that contain both Bioshock games, but it's down to picking Spec Ops or DNF for the third game.

I guess I could go for Battlefield Premium though I haven't played BF3 for such a long time. :/

There will be games added all month (if it's like last year), so I guess you could wait until there's something you really want.

Lyonaz

There is also the 2K Shooter pack for $10 with Bioshock 1 & 2, DNF and Borderlands GOTY.

There will be games added all month (if it's like last year), so I guess you could wait until there's something you really want.
I'll wait for the end of the month, thanks for the heads up.

And wow, why does Steam put individual listings for PC and Mac versions of every Civ 4 game? :|

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Just got XCOM for 10 bucks in preparation for my new PC. Can't wait to finally play that game.

tmarques

I would like to get The Darkness 2 $2,49, however I already used my credit. Is there anyone willing to help out? I can Paypal money.

It's 7.50 now? Damn it, I bought the $10 pack because Darkness II was $15 on its own.

Borderlands I'll probably never play. Hopefully Duke Nukem Forever is worth $2.5 of shits and giggles.

garath

Just bought Kingdoms of Amular finally. I had to keep coming back to this thread for the link though. The complete bundle does not show up in search for anything. It's too bad, random people aren't likely to find it.

$10 is a deal though. Unfortunately it joins my backlog haha.

Its great. A bit scripted and short, but great.

That actually sounds perfect to me. I'm kinda feeling like I'd love a bit of shooting action, but I don't have lots of time on my home systems these days. So a short but tight experience would hit the spot just right. I was considering Spec Ops, but I'm not much of a "story" guy and from all that I hear the gameplay is pretty bog standard.

Akey

Banned
Either going to get spec ops or darkness 2....not sure..still trying to get through all the shooters from the thq pack but it would be silly to pass up a 2.50 game for later.

Eusis

Either going to get spec ops or darkness 2....not sure..still trying to get through all the shooters from the thq pack but it would be silly to pass up a 2.50 game for later.
I swore there was a bundle with both for $10, but either I was looking at other bundles or it got removed, probably the former.

Anyways, search through your email with specific terms from the promo email (or check your digital game library and see what was purchased from late November to the end of the year), it's possible you got 2 or more of the credit and can just grab both.

gatisimo

If anyone here would be willing to hook me up with Darkness II for $2.50, that'd be great. I just tried ordering but it's $7.50 for me. I must have used my $5 on Dark Souls this morning.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I remember playing my brothers copy of FEAR when it first came out, dang the gunplay felt so deadly! Every bullet felt like it was smashing the enemy, and it sounded great.
Reading this makes me want to replay the game again. But I shouldn't, damn my backlog! After all, last time I did it was earlier this last year, so I should wait a couple of months more at least.

I've never used Origin but I've heard mixed things. Is it worth buying the Amalur bundle if it's Origin-only?

The Origin client is fairly innocuous I find. It lacks most of the features something like Steam has but usually has decent download speeds. So if you're just interested in playing a game on it, it gets the job done more or less. Not sure if Amalur is like this, but some of the games I have on Origin only require a one time activation and then you don't even need to have the client on when playing.

garath

I've never used Origin but I've heard mixed things. Is it worth buying the Amalur bundle if it's Origin-only?

as exmachina says, you'll probably end up using it at some point. EA publishes a lot of games and they'll use Origin DRM for sure.

I have Mass effect 3, Kingdoms of Amular and Syndicate on there. It's not bad. I set it so it doesn't open on startup and I close it when I'm done playing an Origin game. Pretty innocuous otherwise. I wouldn't let it deter you if you want to play the game.

How long is the Spec Ops campaign?

the 1000+ post thread on its story has me really intrigued. Every time I see that thread on the front page (and it's often there) I'm stunned, it must be super polarizing and interesting. I haven't clicked it due to spoilers but man 1000+ replies? i've never seen that before for a shooter. Rpg sure, not a military shooter. Can't wait to try it.

the 1000+ post thread on its story has me really intrigued. Every time I see that thread on the front page (and it's often there) I'm stunned, it must be super polarizing and interesting. I haven't clicked it due to spoilers but man 1000+ replies? i've never seen that before for a shooter. Rpg sure, not a military shooter. Can't wait to try it.
9 hours for me. Will be longer if your dying a lot on normal and collecting Intel. Its easy to die on normal and its short. Didn't skip cutscenes. 7-9 hours average by my guess.

DagsJT

5 hours on my Steam account. Didn't skip anything and loved it.

Addnan

Depends on the difficulty, I didn't care much for the gameplay so just bumped it down to easy and ran through it. Says 5 hours on my steam account, but I know it was quite a bit less (left game idle).

coopolon

9 hours for me. Will be longer if your dying a lot on normal and collecting Intel. Its easy to die on normal and its short. Didn't skip cutscenes. 7-9 hours average by my guess.

This seems pretty long to me. I think 5 is probably much more average if you're not going out of your way to find intel.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Don't watch anything or read anything. Play it and do it on easy if you must. The experience is worth it.

Any news on whether the $5 Bioshock dual pack will be getting more keys? A friend of mine was wanting to play those, but I don't think he'd be interested in Spec Ops or the other bundle games.

I might grab Amalur, it'll go on my backlog but with the $5 discount that's a nice price.

This seems pretty long to me. I think 5 is probably much more average if you're not going out of your way to find intel.

Yea, I put in 5 on normal, then less than 4 on whatever the hardest difficulty was for the achievement. I'm not sure how you can get to 9 unless you spend a lot of time combing for intel.

kami_sama

WTF
w1DEp.jpg

How do I redeem it? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom