• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissVibes

Banned
Some more details on who/how you contacted and how you worded it would be helpful..

It was really simple.

I said "Can I have all these useless credits turned into credit that I can actually use?" and they replied back with a "Yes (in more words, obviously)" and took care of it.

MooMoo

So I'm hesitant to jump on BL2 because I'm still slowly burning through the first one. I don't really have a problem with paying $25, but my real question is: do you guys think $30-$35 off will be the best sale it'll have for, lets say, the next 6-8 months? Because if the sale price will be cheaper I think I can afford to wait until summer time.

Derrick01

Banned
I did a live chat and basically the person had no idea why my $100 in game credit wasn't working so I was transferred to the software department...only to be told they weren't there. So I have to wait for them to get back to me.

I think I should have emailed...

KissVibes

Banned
Sorry it's not working for some of ya'll. Just remember you can reply to those emails and a new rep will respond everytime. You can keep pushing until you get someone that says yes. You just gotta believe!

So I'm hesitant to jump on BL2 because I'm still slowly burning through the first one. I don't really have a problem with paying $25, but my real question is: do you guys think $30-$35 off will be the best sale it'll have for, lets say, the next 6-8 months? Because if the sale price will be cheaper I think I can afford to wait until summer time.

Wait for the Game of the Year Edition. It'll hit during the summer.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I did a live chat and basically the person had no idea why my $100 in game credit wasn't working so I was transferred to the software department...only to be told they weren't there. So I have to wait for them to get back to me.

I think I should have emailed...

Through email, it takes long. I waited two days to get a response. And even then it wasn't clear, so I had to ask again, and waited another two days. This was when I was trying to find out what my credit breakdown was(f2p, $5 credit, etc).

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
It was all the credit I've earned. Those MP3 credit they give away on Twitter, VOD credits, ect.... All of it was turned into free money for whatever I wanted!

I'm on the phone right now describing the problem. Is this something I should only ask via phone or would you recommend email? I just sent one in case the phone call doesn't turn anything up.

LiquidMetal14

Through email, it takes long. I waited two days to get a response. And even then it wasn't clear, so I had to ask again, and waited another two days. This was when I was trying to find out what my credit breakdown was(f2p, $5 credit, etc).

Talking to a rep on the phone, even they don't know what the credits are for btw. They only say generic credits and not what I can use them on.

Damn DP.

KissVibes

Banned
Proof for those of you hatin' in Mumble:

Edited out personal details and some things just in case Amazon Tony wants to try and get me.

QVpri.png

I'm on the phone right now describing the problem. Is this something I should only ask via phone or would you recommend email? I just sent one in case the phone call doesn't turn anything up.

I always email.

Someone got real lucky if they got their promo credit turned into real credit. Amazon is always super weird with that stuff.

also this is why we can't have nice things.

KissVibes

Banned
Seriously guys? Come on...

This time a million. Some of you guys are fiends.

I bought games to get credits to use on the games I already bought. Sounds like a shitty deal. Good thing Amazon gave me the credits to use on other things because I spent more than I ever would have with this promotion. Sounds like Amazon got the better end of the deal.

Seriously, this is Slickdeals level of trying to manipulate the system. It's not enough to get a game at a good price.

Manipulating the system? How? By asking? I didn't trick anyone into thinking these credits were for anyone else. I just told them the truth. I had earned these credits but would've never used them. I did and I spent more cash that I would've. I'm sure it would be the same for everyone else.

Were you guys bitching when Origin was giving out "free" games?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I bought games to get credits to use on the games I already bought. Sounds like a shitty deal. Good thing Amazon gave me the credits to use on other things because I spent more than I ever would have with this promotion. Sounds like Amazon got the better end of the deal.

No, you got $5 credit to use in Jan. IN ADDITION, they gave you promotion credit to use on their f2p games. They didn't have to give you that credit.

derExperte

Were you guys bitching when Origin was giving out "free" games?

Those were digital games directly from EA. Here people are now trying to convert digital vouchers into real money to buy real products that Amazon has to pay off. Sure, they can decline but I think it crosses the line to 'very shady' to use their current confusion. Not necessarily talking about you as you were the first.

J-Tier

No, you got $5 credit to use in Jan. IN ADDITION, they gave you promotion credit to use on their f2p games. They didn't have to give you that credit.

Those credits aren't directly from Amazon either. Most of them are from the distributors of those games. By converting the credits, technically they're losing money--though they're a mega-million dollar business, but it still stands that the credits are NOT from Amazon.

The only issue I do have though is that they show up in a credit balance. It's very misleading.

inky

I don't even know what you are trying to say with this. This Amazon sale I've bought:

Spec Ops+Bioshock1&2 x2 for $15, The Darkness II for $2.50, Hotline Miami x2 for $5, Scribblenauts for $7.50 and Saint's Row the Third x2 for $5

How is any of that a shitty deal? Try away with customer service and stuff, but don't make excuses. You want free money out of this, that's it.

LiquidMetal14

I gave up on it.

Mind you, they don't even know what I can use the credit for. I have 20, 11.99, and other credits I can't even use because not even the phone rep knew what they were for. I am genuine confused by this.

KissVibes

Banned

Then it was on them to turn it into credit to use on whatever then. They didn't have to but they did because I'm a loyal customer and have poured all this fat loot into them all these years.

I guess they just love the loyal customers.
81hYq.gif

I don't even know what you are trying to say with this. This Amazon sale I've bought:

Spec Ops+Bioshock1&2 x2 for $15, The Darkness II for $2.50, Hotline Miami x2 for $5, Scribblenauts for $7.50 and Saint's Row the Third x2 for $5

How is any of that a shitty deal? Try away with customer service and stuff, but don't make excuses. You want free money out of this, that's it.

Because most of those games I bought to get those credits thinking they'd have more stuff for sale that I want. They didn't. Oh well, good thing Amazon has employed some real bros and knew how to gain more money than I could have spent ($0) if they didn't convert these over.

Paint me as a bad guy all you want but the people that got their credit know whats up. I guess next time I wont mention how easy it is to haggle with Amazon. Keep all that shit to myself.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Those credits aren't directly from Amazon either. Most of them are from the distributors of those games. By converting the credits, technically they're losing money--though they're a mega-million dollar business, but it still stands that the credits are NOT from Amazon.

The only issue I do have though is that they show up in a credit balance. It's very misleading.

Its ok for them to use money, since they are a mega-million dollar business? Gotcha.

They are working on a new system to make the balance clearer.

This post is on the mark. Especially the bolded.

Then it was on them to turn it into credit to use on whatever then. They didn't have to but they did because I'm a loyal customer and have poured all this fat loot into them all these years.

I guess they just love the loyal customers.
81hYq.gif

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

J-Tier

Its ok for them to use money, since they are a mega-million dollar business? Gotcha.

Hahaha, you know I didn't mean that. Anyways, sounds good that they're working on something.

This post is on the mark. Especially the bolded.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Why would anyone lose sleep over getting an earned coupon extended to other products?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hahaha, you know I didn't mean that. Anyways, sounds good that they're working on something.

Lol, yeah I know. :p. Yeah, when I spoke to a rep, they said a new system was coming. Since it was causing(and rightful so) confusing on what exactly you had credit for.

Miletius

I'm actually just curious as to how I've accumulated that much credit. I wouldn't worry about a few individuals managing to pull the wool over some CS reps though -- happens all the time, in almost any business you can run.

Because we're all thieves! Even though it was on Amazon to say yes or no. And look, they said yes in most cases. Weird how that works, huh?

Its weird to me because we had to purchase products in order to gain this promo in the first place. It wasn't just given out to everyone with an account. I earned $70 worth of codes because I bought 14 games, not because I am handsome.

I'm not going to use these codes otherwise, I think its kind of cool if they extend it to other products.

graywolf323

I'm actually just curious as to how I've accumulated that much credit. I wouldn't worry about a few individuals managing to pull the wool over some CS reps though -- happens all the time, in almost any business you can run.

yeah I mean $268? that's insane, though it seems most of it is $10 towards F2P games that no one remotely cares about

inky

Because we're all thieves! Even though it was on Amazon to say yes or no. And look, they said yes in most cases. Weird how that works, huh?

Whoever called you a thief...

I just think the way you are trying to rationalize it in the first place is kind of telling. Like if Amazon took advantage of you first.

I just hope the support person giving these credits doesn't get in trouble.

I really love how much Amazon Support helps when problems show up and it would be a shame to see that backfire.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Whoever called you a thief...

I just think the way you are trying to rationalize it in the first place is kind of telling. Like if Amazon took advantage of you first.

Its cool! Amazon and him are totally bros, dude! They saw the light in his ways.

Speevy

Banned
Is there any way I can tell what all this credit I have stored is?

Am I to assume it's all F2P credit since I can't get any more discounts on digital downloads?

It's like $230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom