• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSwirl

Fuck. Hitman is $20 (on PC) now. How much longer are these deals supposed to last? Maybe I should play a bit more of my 360 rental copy.

Sober

Fuck. Hitman is $20 (on PC) now. How much longer are these deals supposed to last? Maybe I should play a bit more of my 360 rental copy.
Apparently up to the 22nd for Absolution. I honestly don't see Steam pushing it that low even through the Winter Sale. Even if so, it'd only be surprising and you wouldn't be losing much either way.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I bought the 2K Games Strategy Pack, and the titles in that bundle are showing up twice for me in my Steam library.

Anybody else have this problem?

Sober

OK now THIS Civilization bundle is quite tempting:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AMKTR48/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I take it has all the Civ 5 dlc in GotY right?
GOTY Civ 5 is only missing Korea and World Wonders IIRC. You can always grab them, seeing as the winter sale on Steam will be coming up. Probably like 3 bucks or so. Honestly, with all the content you get from GOTY + G&K alone, you could probably hold off until you feel like you've exhausted a bit of it (same advice to those before a GOTY version came out).

If you feel like a completionist though, it'll be available pretty cheap in the coming weeks, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Tizoc

Thanks for the feedback. Hmm well seeing as CiV 5 Gold is on the way I may just wait for that (to go on sale), a shame as if this had all the DLC, I would've gotten it and at least gifted the other 2 on Steamgifts @3@.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Not according to the product descriptions...

I haven't bought it, but I'm pretty sure it's Mac versions. A review for Civ IV on Amazon mentions that the Mac version is included with the PC download key.

The same thing happened to me with the GTA collection. I bet when you look at each version there is only one that you can install (the other version being Mac).

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I haven't bought it, but I'm pretty sure it's Mac versions. A review for Civ IV on Amazon mentions that the Mac version is included with the PC download key.

The same thing happened to me with the GTA collection. I bet when you look at each version there is only one that you can install (the other version being Mac).

You're correct, I can only install one of them. Hm, wonder why this is the case.

Ghostbusters Sadly Ghostbusters is NOT available in my Steam region for whatever retarded reason =/

You must have earned some good gaming karma if the universe wants to prevent you from spending money on that. Listen to the universe. Turn around and walk, nay, run, run away and don't look back. Don't ever look back.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Tizoc

^Thanks for the info JaseC.

You must have earned some good gaming karma if the universe wants to prevent you from spending money on that. Listen to the universe. Turn around and walk, nay, run, run away and don't look back. Don't ever look back.

...but I liked the PS3 ver.

How the F do you install a GFW game downloaded from Amazon (Bioshock 2)?

I downloaded Amazon downloader, it downloaded 7 gigs to my desktop! Then ran the installer, was left with no run game .exe, no place to input the activation key, nothing. WTF?

Why the fuck can't this just be Steam?!?!

I have to calibrate my impulse control to take into account multiple competing massive sales that are all going on at or around the same time.

Amzin

Any word on Lego LOTR? Wife and I are looking forward to that and I'm hoping it really does get a nice discount.

There are two versions of the Bioshock pack: one with Steam keys and one without.

You could try contacting Amazon and mentioning the problems that you're having. I made the same mistake with the Majesty bundle a while back, and they ended up giving me a refund.
I dun goofed. I'll see if I can get Amazon to refund it or somehow exchange it for the Steam package.

Is anybody willing to nab me a Hitman Absolution code in exchange for $20 on paypal? Soon is preferred since I'm heading off to my Graduation ceremony shortly.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, co-op is great and the campaign's art alone is worth $5.
It's also a shooter with boss fights, I know many here miss that.

Do you need an Origin account to play it?

(No idea how Origin works)

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I just want to come in and say "Spec Ops - The Line" is really amazing. I don't even like to play FPS, hated Bios 1 + 2, but Spec Ops by itself is worth every pennies.

Detruire

Neo Member
I just want to come in and say "Spec Ops - The Line" is really amazing. I don't even like to play FPS, hated Bios 1 + 2, but Spec Ops by itself is worth every pennies.
I'd be interested in it if it wasn't only discounted as part of that pack with the Bioshocks (which I already own.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom