• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piano

Banned
Sorry if I missed it, but when are these prices good through?

I want to wait and see if Steam has a cheaper deal for Civ V + Gods and Kings. Already have Civ IV Complete.

Caerith

So, Hitman Absolution is $20, but if you buy it this week you get a $10 credit. So if you buy Hitman then buy Darksiders, you're only out $23.

At least, according to CAG. Don't see it mentioned on the store page.

Detruire

Neo Member
Sorry if I missed it, but when are these prices good through?

I want to wait and see if Steam has a cheaper deal for Civ V + Gods and Kings. Already have Civ IV Complete.
The current 2K packs are supposed to be valid through 5/1 - so around 2 days before the Steam sale ends afaik.

So, Hitman Absolution is $20, but if you buy it this week you get a $10 credit. So if you buy Hitman then buy Darksiders, you're only out $23.

At least, according to CAG. Don't see it mentioned on the store page.

No, you don't get the credit if you buy Hitman now. It's only for people who bought it while it was $30.

Caerith

The current 2K packs are supposed to be valid through 5/1 - so around 2 days before the Steam sale ends afaik.

No, you don't get the credit if you buy Hitman now. It's only for people who bought it while it was $30.
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

.nimrod

Does anybody know how long Max Payne 3 will be $14.99?
I wish amazon would just state the deadline on the page directly.

Decado

Does anybody know how long Max Payne 3 will be $14.99?
I wish amazon would just state the deadline on the page directly.

I'm hoping it will drop further at some point during this sale season. Maybe at GMG. The game has been $15 many times and is regularly $20 on consoles.

.nimrod

I'm hoping it will drop further at some point during this sale season. Maybe at GMG. The game has been $15 many times and is regularly $20 on consoles.

Same here.
I had my hopes on the steam sale, but i don't think they'll even go down to $15 considering the deals they put up so far :/

squicken

All three FEAR games are sub $5, for those that don't have them. I think it still nets you the $5 promotional credit to the Editor's Choice games

NoRéN

Turns out I got alot of credit to burn. If anyone wants to buy some games at a discount, PM me for details.

-all gone for now.

Echoplx

LA Noire complete has all the DLC right? It mentions on the steam page 'all previously released DLC", nothing else has come out?

That Darksiders deal is so tempting. I hope they dont run out of keys before I get paid tomorrow.

Do you only have a debit card? I don't understand how waiting a day to get paid will affect a credit card payment that won't need to even be paid off till well after you had already been paid... unless you paid your bills today...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
LA Noire complete has all the DLC right? It mentions on the steam page 'all previously released DLC", nothing else has come out?

Yeah, the last piece of DLC released last July while the Complete Edition released a couple of months later, in September.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So should I buy Saints Row 2 for PC? It's only $4, and I loved the game on 360, but I've heard really bad things about the PC version. Does that mod fix most of the problems? I have a pretty powerful setup (i5 2500k, 560 Ti 448 Core), should this run the game or is it messed up regardless?

benjipwns

Banned
So should I buy Saints Row 2 for PC? It's only $4, and I loved the game on 360, but I've heard really bad things about the PC version. Does that mod fix most of the problems? I have a pretty powerful setup (i5 2500k, 560 Ti 448 Core), should this run the game or is it messed up regardless?
You'll run the game fine. You can brute past a lot of its problems now with modern hardware.

Gentleman of the Row is still worth having if you've already beaten the game.

MasLegio

Banned

why should anyone buy saints row 2 when they all have saints row 3 already?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
why should anyone buy saints row 2 when they all have saints row 3 already?

The story is more substantive that the one in SR3. And the personalization options (Character physical appearance, PC clothing, and choices in gang clothing style) in SR2 is more in depth so you can make a truly custom character. And most importantly, Johnny Gat receives a more substantive role than a small guest appearance.

Does anyone want to split the Bioshock/Spec Ops pack? I just want Spec Ops, will pay half since the Bioshock 1+2 pack is only $5 separately.

Baha

Do we know if Amazon is going to have a deal on XCOM? The cheapest price I can find right now is 50% off at getgamesgo.

The deal with SR2 is:

-The city is MUCH better designed and far more interesting than the one in SR3. It actually feels real, rather than just some place for you to run around doing silly stuff.
-The ability to pick up objects like street signs, chairs, and so on.
-When you run into a gas station pump, the resulting explosion sends you flying for miles.
-Customization is more in-depth.
-Story/cutscenes/writing/humor is better.
-Better selection of activities. Some don't always hit but at least they show creativity.
-Lots of minor details that add to the enjoyment, like being able to smoke weed, get drunk, and have sex with random people in bathrooms.
-SR3 makes the main character more a witness to the insanity, rather than the cause. Almost the entirety of SR2's cast looks like the straight man compared to the protag, in SR3 the roles are reversed. It just came off as too safe. This is more in terms of story and NPC interaction. The actions of both SR2 & SR3's protag tend to be pretty similar while playing the game.
-Better soundtrack.
-SR3 Shaundi was a HUGE downgrade.

SR3 is the better looking/playing game though, and the port is actually good.
I'm still tweaking SR2 to get it working at the right speed.

Firehead

Hrm... trying to decide between the new Hitman or Max Payne 3.

Edit:
Is there supposed to be a new sale after Darksiders today?

Doomrider

Hrm... trying to decide between the new Hitman or Max Payne 3.

Edit:
Is there supposed to be a new sale after Darksiders today?

I don't know about Hitman, but stay away from Max Payne if you have low tolerance for unskippable cutscenes (there are quite a few, too).

If, however, you can handle that, the shooting mechanics are absolutely brilliant. It's an amazing shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom