• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Damnit, I thought that if I registered a code for a game I already have on Steam, it'd allow me to gift it. Looks like that's not the case (in this instance case, of Hotline Miami I was going to gift to my brother rather than just send him a code). Bugger.

How much better does Javik make ME3? I can get the digital deluxe for as much as it would cost to get enough stupid Bioware points using the $5 coupon

LiK

How much better does Javik make ME3? I can get the digital deluxe for as much as it would cost to get enough stupid Bioware points using the $5 coupon

a must have especially for the story missions. he should've never been taken out of the game, period.

BigAT

a must have especially for the story missions. he should've never been taken out of the game, period.

Agreed. Not only is his story mission great, he was a mainstay in my party for the remainder of the game.

This forum (myself included) scammed Microsoft and Pepsi to get thousands of free Xbox 360s.

Consoles...many of which were sold for thousands of dollars on ebay.

Taking advantage of promotions is a Neogaf past time.

Are you guys the reason why I wasn't able to win anything that one year despite spending hours and hours punching in codes? Couldn't even get a copy of NHL 0X.

This analogy doesn't work. You got 14(?) coupons that can be used towards 14 separate games priced $4.99 or higher. You can only use 1 coupon per transaction. Sure you could use all of your coupons on random $4.99 titles and pay $0, but clearly the purpose is to get people to spend money on Amazon, getting a bit of discount in the process. What some people are trying to do is take those 14 (or whatever) coupons and get $70 of universal credit that can be used on anything all at once. Instead of getting $5 off up to 14 different games, you can go pick out $70 worth of merchandise and pay nothing for it. That's obviously not what the credits are for. Even more so if that universal credit can be applied towards physical products.

A better analogy would be that you saved up 10 of those "20% off your next pizza" coupons and tried out different cashiers until you got someone to agree to give you 2 pizzas for free even though the coupons were marked as 1 per purchase.

This.

Though trying to explain to some people why this is "wrong" is just wasted breathe. In my experience either your moral compass works, or it doesn't.

This.

Though trying to explain to some people why this is "wrong" is just wasted breathe. In my experience either your moral compass works, or it doesn't.
My moral compass works just fine.

In any case I used all my promos on hotline last night and gave every code away. Guess that makes me a thief by some people's logic.

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Will be added to the Editor's Choice.

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Syndicate

Are prices already known? I'd be all over $2.50 Syndicate.

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Syndicate

Wrestling_yes.gif

All of my WANT if it's 10$ before coupon as it's been before :)

The last few pages of this thread is why we can't have nice things like coupons and stackable codes.

Oh well, guess this will be the last year of discount codes for purchasing things on Amazon. Was good while it lasted.

Omega

Banned
The last few pages of this thread is why we can't have nice things like coupons and stackable codes.

Oh well, guess this will be the last year of discount codes for purchasing things on Amazon. Was good while it lasted.

im sure amazon will just start telling people to fuck off instead of trying to get $50 games for free with stackable credit

they know that little bonuses like this help them more than hurt them, even if some people do want to abuse the system

coopolon

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you think the problem is? I could understand the concern if people were finding some strange loophole through a pieced together url to convert vg editor's choice credits into universal credit. But they're not exploiting any system. They're asking customer service reps to do it, and those customer service reps, having been trained by Amazon, are choosing to do it. If Amazon doesn't like it, they'll just tell their customer service reps to stop doing it.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly do you think the problem is? I could understand the concern if people were finding some strange loophole through a pieced together url to convert vg editor's choice credits into universal credit. But they're not exploiting any system. They're asking customer service reps to do it, and those customer service reps, having been trained by Amazon, are choosing to do it. If Amazon doesn't like it, they'll just tell their customer service reps to stop doing it.

im sure amazon will just start telling people to fuck off instead of trying to get $50 games for free with stackable credit

they know that little bonuses like this help them more than hurt them, even if some people do want to abuse the system

No one is doing anything wrong. There's an offer out there and people are using it and trying to maximize the value and that's all cool.

I'm thinking of the post-mortem on the promotion, when the Amazon folks get together and look at the program. "Do we want to do this again?" and the answer will most likely be that it was a bigger pain the rear than it was worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom