• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Will be added to the Editor's Choice.

Cmon 7,50! The PC Version is already 7.99. I hope the Digital Version price matches it, so I can use my 5 buck coupon!

Salaadin

If the Amazon reps are doing it then theres not really anything wrong with it. Personally, I just dont feel right about it.

Omega

Banned
No one is doing anything wrong. There's an offer out there and people are using it and trying to maximize the value and that's all cool.

I'm thinking of the post-mortem on the promotion, when the Amazon folks get together and look at the program. "Do we want to do this again?" and the answer will most likely be that it was a bigger pain the rear than it was worth.

i didn't read all the posts so i dont know the full story but from the few posts i did read it looked like people were abusing it. (except for the dude who first mentioned it, I think Shark Johnson)

i don't care though. i wouldn't do it myself but if other people want to, go right ahead

Speevy

Banned
I've worked in retail for 6 years (5 in a managerial capacity) and part of customer service is yielding to customers' unreasonable demands.

Many times it's not worth the fuss to do otherwise.

You either work with the policies of the company with which you're employed, or find a profession that's not so dependent upon the general public.

IMO they're taking advantage of Amazon's customer service goodwill.

The key to exceptional customer service is to not assume the worst: that a customer who says they didn't receive an item is telling the truth and not trying to scam a free item from them. Customer service that assumes everyone is a shady criminal out to exploit their policies is not good customer service.

tl;dr: just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

tmarques

If the Amazon reps are doing it then theres not really anything wrong with it.

I may be wrong, but I think reps are (were?) doing it because they don't fully understand what's going on.

Which is partly Amazon's fault for pooling various forms of credit together. I sent an email asking Amazon to break down my credit for me so I could tell whether I have anything I can actually use, and the answer I got was pretty much "figure it out yourself".

Speevy

Banned
IMO they're taking advantage of Amazon's customer service goodwill.

The key to exceptional customer service is to not assume the worst: that a customer who says they didn't receive an item is telling the truth and not trying to scam a free item from them. Customer service that assumes everyone is a shady criminal out to exploit their policies is not good customer service.

tl;dr: just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Good customer service assumes the people on whom you're waiting are just like you. They have a limited amount of time and money. They want a good deal. They're using part of their day/weekend off work to shop your establishment.

I assume everyone is self-interested to the point where they wouldn't bat an eye if I told them their entire order was free.

The key to good customer service is an honest explanation of store policies and a quick recognition that you can at times bend those policies to the customer's benefit.

Alice Complete
Dragon Age Pack
Need for Speed: The Run
EA Classics Bundle (Madden '08 and NHL 09)
Syndicate
Crysis Maximum Maximum Pack
Burning Hot Bundle (NFS Hot Pursuit, Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box)
Battlefield 3 Shortcut Bundle

Will be added to the Editor's Choice.

Anyone know when these will be added?

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If anyone happens to have a $5 code they're not going to use, could you help me buy that Dragon Age pack?

Twie

I have a code for Far Cry 3 (you also get $20 off MoH but I'm sure no one cares) that I got with my GPU.

I have no interest in FC3 so I'm contemplating exchanging it if anyone would want to work something out.

I might be interested. What are you looking for?
Edit: Does the FC3 code redeem on Steam?

MP3 is back on Amazon, but its at 50% off. Wait there are two versions. One with Steam DRM and one without. Steam version is full price. :(

Croc

Banned
How long are the Editor's Choice things going to be up? I'm wanting to get Borderlands 2 at $30 since I have that $5 credit and also 2 more $5 coupons from Bing rewards. 2 more days and I'll ave yet another $5 coupon so I just wanna make sure it'll still be there.

Also when placing it in my cart it says "this item currently supports Windows only"

Is that true? Steam says it's Mac and Windows.

kennah

How long are the Editor's Choice things going to be up? I'm wanting to get Borderlands 2 at $30 since I have that $5 credit and also 2 more $5 coupons from Bing rewards. 2 more days and I'll ave yet another $5 coupon so I just wanna make sure it'll still be there.

Also when placing it in my cart it says "this item currently supports Windows only"

Is that true? Steam says it's Mac and Windows.
Once you activate it on Steam it becomes SteamPlay.

masterkajo

Any infos on new games to be added throughout January?

Also, why is Sleeping Dogs not on the editor's choice list. Who edits that list? :p

Kammie

Can someone sell me on Walking Dead? What makes it stand out from other point & click adventure games? I kind of want it but need to justify spending more money than I should be.

J-Tier

Can someone sell me on Walking Dead? What makes it stand out from other point & click adventure games? I kind of want it but need to justify spending more money than I should be.

The characters are well written basically. The characterization of the main characters is basically why this game had been hyped up so much.

masterkajo

It does everything Heavy Rain on PS3 wanted to do but 1000x better. You actually care for the child and don't want her harmed. It has an exceptionally good story for a video game and some though decisions that (kind of) matter. It is very light on puzzles with the big focus on interaction between characters and your rule in a group of people that work together to survive in a zombie infested world.

It is my GotY 2012. Buy it NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom