• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon PC DD sales: THQ Pack for $7.50, [Make new threads for good sales]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the keys are indeed region-locked, waiting won't help at all.
Oh I thought it just meant that it won't let people play it outside the US until then, this based on the experiences of those who were able to temporarily download and play it in Europe a couple days ago

Xyber

Since The Secret World thread is pretty dead I'm gonna ask it here. Will the amazon key for that game work with an European account? Got $20 in gift cards now so it would only cost me $2.5. I've searched on google but haven't been able to find some answer.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh I thought it just meant that it won't let people play it outside the US until then, this based on the experiences of those who were able to temporarily download and play it in Europe a couple days ago

To be clear, in addition to using a VPN to activate region-locked keys, you'd also need to use one to bypass the belated unlock date.

Edit:
Scribblenauts Amazon is region locked now?

Which VPN works with Steam and without too much hassle?

Spotflux should do the trick.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
After enabling spotfux I still see prices and stuff in Steam in £s. Is that normal. Should I not be in US steam?

It's normal behaviour as of a month or two ago. If you click through to a product page, you should see US pricing.

mr_toa

Anyone that can confirm the max payne 3 amazon steam key can be redeemed on an european steam account?

Thanks in advance.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Well, there's this bit: "12/25 (there will be more and they will be impactful, I’ll continue to release details as we get closer to Christmas. The reason is that we have several high impact deals that we’re still discussing price point on.)"

I'd be surprised if they didn't have a better deal on XCOM.

I'm pretty sure the list is complete. I think on CAG Tony said that they are done updating the list. I remember reading that somewhere.

Deques

Do we KNOW they're region locked or is that still speculation?

lets just wait til someone from europe buys it and tries to redeem it in steam. else you could buy it and not redeem it until its released and see whether its region on the release date. you could sell it if its locked

How do you check to see if you have Amazon credit/space bucks?

You can check gift card balance from your account page. For things like MP3 credit, there should be a link in small text underneath the button to buy an album etc. that will show you your balance.

KissVibes

Banned
Is Dead Island worth the purchase? Opinion on it seems wildly uneven

Nope. After the first area, the game takes a massive nosedive into garbage territory until bottoming out at "Oh God, how can anyone like this?" at the very end. The Ryder White DLC is even more insulting, which seems unimaginable. It's probably the most over-praised game this generation. Melee system is fun, though!

Autofokus

You can check gift card balance from your account page. For things like MP3 credit, there should be a link in small text underneath the button to buy an album etc. that will show you your balance.

It's utterly confusing.
1) I never received the 10$ Hitman credit for buying the game a week before for 30$.

2) what?
amazon_cred.jpg

where does this balance come from and how the hell do I use it?

Nabs

It's utterly confusing.
1) I never received the 10$ Hitman credit for buying the game a week before for 30$.

2) what?
amazon_cred.jpg

where does this balance come from and how the hell do I use it?

It's probably all your free2play credit!

SOFTWARE/VIDEO
GAMES DOWNLOADS
$109.93

I'm big ballin'. I can probably play APB premium for a year.

coopolon

Is there anyway to figure out what the heck all the balance is actually usable for in video games? I've got $60 and I'm sure it's all worthless but it'd still be interesting to check.

If you check the instant video popup it'll show more stuff

just checked this out after your post and damn thats some nice info i could use.

So to the poster asking: go to an instant video page and look for the view balance link at the bottom of the area that's in black.

Is there anyway to figure out what the heck all the balance is actually usable for in video games? I've got $60 and I'm sure it's all worthless but it'd still be interesting to check.

Your email is usually a nice place since it will give some info on what it is and what it is good for

And I assume thats where the $5 promotional stuff would be and the amounts they would give for items in some of the free to play games they are selling (APB reloaded being the latest one).

The $5 credits for the editor's choice thing next month don't stack, just a heads up.

eot

Banned
Hmm, I thought I read these deals would last past new year's. Was going to pick up the THQ pack but it's back at $120.

DTKT

The perma-ban was a bit harsh, but posting that in the middle of integrity crisis probably wasn't the best idea. I'm sure Tony intentions were good, but there should be a clear separation between fans and the industry. Especially in a site with traffic like Neogaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom