• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Is there a way we can tell Amazon how awesome you are? You know, besides buying everything?

Just keep spreading the word :). We review word of mouth (people posting across different forums/blogs/reddit) every week, the more traffic we generate and chatter that is out there, the better it is for the team.

My job is to get customers excited about our service/offering, excitement is pretty easy to measure in threads like this :).

Honestly, one of the other big things is pre-orders/new releases. We know that pre-orders/new releases sell a TON on Steam at full price, and often we have the same product for 10-15% off. I'm constantly working to spread the word to those that do pre-order and buy new releases that we're a good destination for these games.

Spread the love :).

Or don't, I'm just happy you guys are digging the deals and service and want to make it as awesome as possible for you.

ETA on Binary Domain sale?

Still locking down timing, stay tuned.

Wait, did we ever get a price on the ArmA 2 sale?

25% off, according to Tony. Puts it at $22.50.

Sorry I touched on this earlier in either this or the other deals thread. The batch of keys we got for operation Arrowhead were no good. I'm currently awaiting more, once we have them we'll put it up.

I've got red exclamation point emails and voicemails out there. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Still can't decide if I want Max Payne 3 tomorrow. I keep hearing mixed things about multiplayer, and great things about singleplayer. Multi looks so fun!

The Kid

Is Syndicate worth it for the single player only? I'm not a CO-OP guy (not enough PC friends) and always liked Starbreeze SP campaigns, but I know reviews emphasized that the CO-OP is better than single player

Tess3ract

Banned
$22 for Arma 2? It's been $8 before on steam iirc

I was hoping for somewhere to get arma 2 from somewhere between 5-10 bucks

LuffyZoro

It's probably not gonna get cheaper than $15 for a while due to how well it's been selling because of DayZ. This sucks, 'cause I wanted it too.

Detox

It's not going to go super low when the devs are having a hard time coping with the influx of players from sales at full price. I don't see them allowing a discount larger than 25% even on steam as the devs are currently running a sale on their own store and the discount is only 25% and comes with Steam redeemable keys.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Any chance Future Soldier will get a sale soon? I know its pretty new but Max Payne and Specs Ops gave me hope.

hwy_61

Banned
Still can't decide if I want Max Payne 3 tomorrow. I keep hearing mixed things about multiplayer, and great things about singleplayer. Multi looks so fun!

Rented it from Redbox and beat it in two days, but I plan on buying it on the Amazon sale. Game is so damn good.

Any chance Future Soldier will get a sale soon? I know its pretty new but Max Payne and Specs Ops gave me hope.
In response to Future Soldier, stay away from this terrible PC port! I greatly regret my purchase. If you absolutely have to have it, wait for a patch or two. I'd wait for sub $20, though.

Kevin

For me:

-Max Payne 3
-Syndicate
-Spec Ops: The Line
-Binary Domain

Can't wait to tell Amazon to shut up and take my money! :D

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
In response to Future Soldier, stay away from this terrible PC port! I greatly regret my purchase. If you absolutely have to have it, wait for a patch or two. I'd wait for sub $20, though.

Ahh bummer, I really wanted it to be good.

Gonna grab Max Payne and Spec Ops no doubt though. Syndicate, Binary Domain and Crusader Kings probably will get a look too. Man I didn't want to buy that many games, but those deals are so freaking good I feel dirty for not buying them.

Tigel

Question!
As a Canadian buyer, the OP mentioned

International Buyers: Use a US Billing Address for purchases, nothing else is required.

Does this mean I can use whatever US address, even if it isn't mine or a relative's?

Apdiddy

Thanks for your work and help on this Tony. I think it's awesome that sites like Amazon have reps that are reaching out to sites like NeoGAF & CAG.

One thing I think would be awesome to see from Amazon.com's digital downloads -- if they could take a page from the Humble Indie bundles and offer name your own price type of deals. And more high-end indie games like Bastion, VVVVVV, Machinarium, Botanicula, etc.

Still, I'm not in any way complaining -- what's there is truly awesome (Paradox games for $19? X-Com complete for $3? Games that have been out for two months discounted?).

hwy_61

Banned
If the sale goes up at midnight, you'll pull an "all-nighter", aka, you'll stay up the entire night.

If they come up only at like 3am, you won't? :D

I was thinking 12am CST, which I see is not gonna happen, so I guess I'll wait 'till the morning.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ok I've updated the OP to make it as clear as I could for international gaffers.

International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random US billing address and phone number.

Ok since I was just asked by Nelo here's my personal experience with Amazon DD:

I use my non-US CC with my regular name.
As a billing address I use a random US address with a random phone number from some hotel. (I chose Oregon as the state since it has no tax, don't know how the situation is in other states.)

I haven't had problems ordering the 4 times I did. I'm not sure it's 100% legal but it seems like some gray area and Amazon has no problems with it (so far). I know it doesn't work with their digital mp3 offerings, so it seems somewhat intentional as it is right now.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Ok since I was just asked by Nelo here's my personal experience with Amazon DD:

I use my non-US CC with my regular name.
As a billing address I use a random US address with a random phone number from some hotel. (I chose Oregon as the state since it has no tax, don't know how the situation is in other states.)

I haven't had problems ordering the 4 times I did. I'm not sure it's 100% legal but it seems like some gray area and Amazon has no problems with it (so far). I know it doesn't work with their digital mp3 offerings, so it seems somewhat intentional as it is right now.

Thanks again for the help!

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ok I've updated the OP to make it as clear as I could for international gaffers.

International Buyers: Use your credit card with a random US billing address and phone number.
I really wonder if that can create an issue, but I really don't want to ask Tony about it, because I don't want "them" to find out/look into it.. :p

Considering it was easier to do it on Kindle (you only had to change the country you were from in the Kindle Management Area), but then they changed and you need an actual address in the country you want to "Fake" yourself into, I guess they don't really like it when people do it...

Top Bottom