• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

dreamfall

Tony, I bought the Megapack and most of the games have Steam keys. Is it possible to get Steam activation keys for Bioshock 1, and Civ IV? Everything else is working wonderfully.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I'm including seperate links for each version but FYI CLICK THE RIGHT VERSION!
9K2BT.png

Tony, I bought the Megapack and most of the games have Steam keys. Is it possible to get Steam activation keys for Bioshock 1, and Civ IV? Everything else is working wonderfully.
Tony said they weren't able to get steam keys in time for the packs. The only way to get steam keys for Bioshock 1/2 is to buy that pack separately.

DagsJT

We can only buy one game at a time? That's really poor, meaning I'm going to get hit for an extra £1.50 for every game.

Disappointed we can't have a basket like any other purchase.

Alex

I don't play many shooters, but Syndicate seems interesting and has a co-op function so I'm curious.

Annndd as I'm typing this I sold a ring on the Diablo III AH for 14.99, it is a sign, bought.

dreamfall

I'm including seperate links for each version but FYI CLICK THE RIGHT VERSION!
9K2BT.png

Tony said they weren't able to get steam keys in time for the packs. The only way to get steam keys for Bioshock 1/2 is to buy that pack separately.

Ah, alas still so happy with this. Thanks for the heads up!

Damage has been done! Megapack + Spec Ops + Mafia 1 = bliss! Thank you Amazon!

So,

Does anyone still play Syndicate coop on PC?

I bailed on the PS3 version as the community was DOA when I first picked up

Prodigal

Banned
Thoughts on NBA2k12? Haven't played a b-ball game in ages but I've been getting a weird craving for one lately. I've heard the console versions are great but not much about the PC.

Thoughts on NBA2k12? Haven't played a b-ball game in ages but I've been getting a weird craving for one lately. I've heard the console versions are great but not much about the PC.
Should be great, although I'm not sure about KBAM controls here. If you have a controller, then by all means.

hlhbk

I just want to verify that even though Spec Ops doesn't have a download Steam link if you buy it the key will work on Steam???

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
mmhhhh, i somehow didn't realize that all the crusader kings stuff in the pint sized paradox package is only DLC and the base game itself isn't included...

i mean it's still a great prize for warlock alone, but now i have a bunch of DLC for a game i don't own...kind of strange package composition

Catshade

mmhhhh, i somehow didn't realize that all the crusader kings stuff in the pint sized paradox package is only DLC and the base game itself isn't included...

i mean it's still a great prize for warlock alone, but now i have a bunch of DLC for a game i don't own...kind of strange package composition

That pack is for people who have previously bought Plentiful Paradox pack a few weeks ago.

sazzy

I just got Plethora Paradox pack and 2K strategy pack.

This is gonna keep me busy for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages.

gdt

Fucking hell Max Payne 3 wont go through. Still in my orders though, guess alot of people have been buying it. Was hoping to start downloading that as early as possible.

sazzy

Fucking hell Max Payne 3 wont go through. Still in my orders though, guess alot of people have been buying it. Was hoping to start downloading that as early as possible.

Yeah my 2K Strat Pack is in my Library but still processing. Not surprised. Should get the code soon.

Alex

That Rockstar bundle says Vice City Stories, is that even on the PC? Did I miss a port of it or is it just labeled wrong?

Does anyone have any opinions on Syndicate? Considering it for two person co-op.

One thing you should know about Syndicate co-op is that it has no difficulty scaling for the number of players playing the map. It's built for 4 player co-op and the difficulty remains the same regardless of how many people are actually playing. My friend and I tried playing the maps with just the 2 of us, and there were times when we just couldn't finish a mission because there are timed missions and objectives that just need more people to complete (not to mention more enemies than 2 people can handle).

For example, there's one mission where you have to go deep inside a facility and carry back 4 suitcases to your ship. Now when you pick up a suitcase, you can only have your secondary pistol out. Having 2 people means each person picks up one suitcase and you have to make 2 trips, and you have to fight enemies along the way which is tough with only secondary weapons. Or you can have 1 person carrying a suitcase and the other protecting him with a proper primary weapon but that means you need to make 4 trips and I think the mission is timed. It's just not well designed for anything less than 4 players. And the odds of getting pub players to join a game are probably zero by now. They were close to zero 2 weeks after the game released.

DagsJT

This is a typo. It is Vice City. I've asked the team to fix it...our bad :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Tony, is there a reason why we can't checkout multiple games? I've never come across a website that doesn't allow this and it doesn't seem to make much sense for Amazon to limit to one game per transaction.

Tony, is there a reason why we can't checkout multiple games? I've never come across a website that doesn't allow this and it doesn't seem to make much sense for Amazon to limit to one game per transaction.

/adds quote to running list

Yes there is a reason, Amazon systems are built on the concept that when a customer orders something that order is then routed to a fulfillment center to be put into a box (like a real box).

So our physical order checkout pipeline is completely separate from our digital order checkout pipeline.

That is about as much as I understand as I'm not a developer.

I can tell you that a fully functional "cart" is something we're definitely aware of as a need and working towards.

In the meantime, sorry for the hassle dude.

Cheers,
Tony

DagsJT

/adds quote to running list

Yes there is a reason, Amazon systems are built on the concept that when a customer orders something that order is then routed to a fulfillment center to be put into a box (like a real box).

So our physical order checkout pipeline is completely separate from our digital order checkout pipeline.

That is about as much as I understand as I'm not a developer.

I can tell you that a fully functional "cart" is something we're definitely aware of as a need and working towards.

In the meantime, sorry for the hassle dude.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks for the quick reply, hope that the updated cart is as quick to arrive! :)

Pachael

I posted this over at CAG, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here too.

This bears repeating - thanks as I almost just bought the big Paradox pack without looking at what's included. Almost. Total Comes to $19.98 too!

I also really appreciate the separate codes :)

anddo0

Dling Spec Ops as we speak.

I thought the Bioshock games would be cheaper?
I won't no part of Duke Nukem.

edit: didn't see the main page.

Bought the Paradox Pack and X-COM. Already has some games in that Pack, but can give it away to some friends.

Btw, will there be new deals added every day to this sale?

LadyRiven

Nothing I want is up yet.. but I'll have my eyes peeled. Any way to know which games come with a Steam key? I've only ever purchased physical copies of games from Amazon. :eek:

gdt

Bought Max Payne 3 and Spec Ops. Very, very satisfied. Going to work, will leave them downloading, hopefully MP3 is done by the time I get back.

The M.O.B

If you haven't played a bbal sim game in a long time then this will be great for you.

It's the best yet, but with that said for others who have played recent version of 2kball then this iteration doesn't do much new.

PC version has the obvious res & fps benefits but online working is 50/50.

Ps.As a vet of these games, 2k12 bored me quicker than anything.

GKB

Guys, what phone number did you use ? i didn't know any US phone number.
Don't want to put the White House phone number by accident.

Alex

Nothing I want is up yet.. but I'll have my eyes peeled. Any way to know which games come with a Steam key? I've only ever purchased physical copies of games from Amazon. :eek:

I think they will all say "requires Steam activation" under the sys reqs.

Top Bottom