• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Nelo Ice

Banned
i thought i read somewhere that NBA 2k12 would be $9.99 in this sale. wanted to buy it in preparation for nba 2k13. is that still going to happen?

Yeah NBA and MLB will be on sale this sunday as well was just waiting for the whenever Tony had the full list ready to update the OP.

Souther

Banned
Signed up to Amazon and added my actual Canadian address and tied my CC to it and added a 2nd address that is US based. Went ahead and purchased a $55 GC and sent it via email and then just went ahead and redeemed it on my account. Set my 1 click account to the US address so I should be good to go.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Signed up to Amazon and added my actual Canadian address and tied my CC to it and added a 2nd address that is US based. Went ahead and purchased a $55 GC and sent it via email and then just went ahead and redeemed it on my account. Set my 1 click account to the US address so I should be good to go.

1-click is a bad deal, imo.

What if you click on it by accident (or somebody sits on your computer and do it) and you don't notice and it gets sent to the US address?

Or if you actually want to buy something from amazon.com but your 1click address is the US one and you forget?

Ledsen

I really wonder if that can create an issue, but I really don't want to ask Tony about it, because I don't want "them" to find out/look into it.. :p

Considering it was easier to do it on Kindle (you only had to change the country you were from in the Kindle Management Area), but then they changed and you need an actual address in the country you want to "Fake" yourself into, I guess they don't really like it when people do it...

I'm guessing if it gets widespread and publishers find out, they might make amazon change it.

Souther

Banned

What if you click on it by accident (or somebody sits on your computer and do it) and you don't notice and it gets sent to the US address?

Or if you actually want to buy something from amazon.com but your 1click address is the US one and you forget?

I have no intention of buying anything from Amazon.com besides downloadable games. Also I'm the only person that uses this computer. It's just what I have it set at atm. I'll probably change it to default before i purchase anything.

Sysgen

I don't think they let you turn it off and I know they don't make sure you clicked it by accident. Further if you haven't refreshed a product page and click 1 click and the price changed you get charged the price that you don't see.

Watevaman

If you 1-click there's pretty much always a grace period where you can go and cancel the order.

Now, if you don't notice that you ordered (I don't see how this is possible as it loads a new page), you're screwed.

edit: Of course this doesn't apply to these digital downloads, but it's silly to be worried about it.

Souther

Banned
I don't think they let you turn it off and I know they don't make sure you clicked it by accident. Further if you haven't refreshed a product page and click 1 click and the price changed you get charged the price that you don't see.

you can turn it off. There is an option in account management.

I haven't seen this mentioned in the OP, but how much are Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops going to be? I'm guessing $20 each, but maybe we'll get lucky.

Curufinwe

They force 1-click for certain purchases and I freaking hate it, especially on the kindle. It means I buy less stuff from them, not more.

Sysgen

They force 1-click for certain purchases and I freaking hate it, especially on the kindle. It means I buy less stuff from them, not more.

...and like I said before if the price on the page is different than what you get charged for they don't tell you before you get charged.

mannerbot

...and like I said before if the price on the page is different than what you get charged for they don't tell you before you get charged.

Yeah, One Click is quite annoying. BUT, when I bought some mp3s earlier, there was a confirmation page for those so I'd expect there to be an optional confirmation page for all One Click purchases now.

Derrick01

Banned
Sorry if this was answered already but any news on an upcoming mass effect 3 sale? I have a friend who might be interested if the price is good enough. You'd think by now it would have a good bomba sale.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Sorry if this was answered already but any news on an upcoming mass effect 3 sale? I have a friend who might be interested if the price is good enough. You'd think by now it would have a good bomba sale.

yea, now that the extended ending is out, it feels like a good time for me to get the digital deluxe

I posted this over at CAG, but I figured it would be worth mentioning here too.

Hey Tony, I noticed a possible error with the Plethora of Paradox Games pack: It appears to be missing Sword of the Stars Complete and Sword of the Stars 2.

Assuming that it's supposed to be a combination of the other two packs, this is probably something that needs to be corrected. As they're structured now, it's actually a better deal to get the Plentiful and Pint-sized packs, since they include everything in the Plethora pack, along with the SotS games, for the same combined price as the Plethora pack.

baconcow

I am glad Amazon is hosting this sale. I am looking forward to picking up Crusader Kings II. Unfortunately, the pack that has the Crusader Kings DLC is missing the latest and (arguably) only useful DLC (Sword of Islam). It would be nice to see a Crusader Kings II Complete pack for about $15 with all of the current DLC in it. Either way, cannot wait until this sale goes live. Will probably end up buying the pack separately for $5 anyways. Just curious, it says that Crusader Kings II is steamable, but the Amazon website doesn't suggest it is (as it suggests many other games are). Can someone clarify (I've never bought DD from Amazon.com, before).

Nelo Ice, great job on making such an organized list.

Thanks

mannerbot

I am glad Amazon is hosting this sale. I am looking forward to picking up Crusader Kings II. Unfortunately, the pack that has the Crusader Kings DLC is missing the latest and (arguably) only useful DLC (Sword of Islam). It would be nice to see a Crusader Kings II Complete pack for about $15 with all of the current DLC in it. Either way, cannot wait until this sale goes live. Will probably end up buying the pack separately for $5 anyways. Just curious, it says that Crusader Kings II is steamable, but the Amazon website doesn't suggest it is (as it suggests many other games are). Can someone clarify (I've never bought DD from Amazon.com, before).

Thanks

From the product page: Requires Steam account for installation and activation

Nelo Ice

Banned

Thanks

Well Drizzle made it look all nice so he should get some credit. Thanks though I'll try keeping it all nice and tidy once more deals roll in.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
So is Bioshock finicky on Windows 7? I remember someone posting that.

Also, I wish the Rockstar pack wasn't so damn random in the games it chose. Max Payne 2 but no Max Payne? :( Got Midnight Club for free... I would have preferred a Max Payne pack and a GTA pack.

Top Bottom