• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Y2Kev said:
No, it says 29.99, only 31% claimed on the main page. I put it in my cart and the price goes up 10 bucks. WTFFFF

Keep going until payment page, it discounts it on the final page before you place the order. All of them do that.

RBH

painey said:
games in the UK drop like a stone, in the US there are 6 month old games still $59.99 new in stores
meh.ro5776.jpg

You're not looking in the right stores then.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh, it applies on the last page. I've never actually ordered a lightning deal before. Thanks, I now own the latest Peter Molyneux disappointmentfest! AWESOME

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Y2Kev said:
Oh, it applies on the last page. I've never actually ordered a lightning deal before. Thanks, I now own the latest Peter Molyneux disappointmentfest! AWESOME

:lol :lol I was considering getting it but the negative feedback has pushed me away from it.

Y2Kev said:

Ya, it subtracts it after the payment page. You'll see a box check on the payment page to use promotional credit which is how they discount them now.

Y2Kev said:

You will regret for buying this garbage.

cvxfreak

Jive Turkey said:
:lol What? Shopping in the wrong stores.

Amazon is the epitome of not paying full price for even the newest games.

---

The Wii discounts went quickly. Just goes to show that cheap cash discounts usually triumph over more expensive gift card options.

cvxfreak said:
Amazon is the epitome of not paying full price for even the newest games.

---

The Wii discounts went quickly. Just goes to show that cheap cash discounts usually triumph over more expensive gift card options.

And Kmart as of late.

Bebpo

Banned
Alright, replaced my dead X360 #2 with that 4gb slim deal. Will temporarily use my 16gb thumbstick as storage until I figure out how much I'm willing to pay for a real hard drive. Not sure if the tranfer cable for $18 is worth that for me. I can't think of many saves I really need to transfer over.

Also picked up Halo Reach, Red Dead Redemption (because I've given up hope of a PC version at this point), and Enslaved to go with it.

Will be nice to play X360 again. Hopefully this one doesn't die :\ I realized the side effect of continually replacing dead X360s is you amass a mountain of X360 controllers, lol. I think I'll have like 4 or 5 after this arrives and I only play 1p games ^^; Are they worth anything if you try to sell them?

MrDaravon

Y2Kev said:
No, it says 29.99, only 31% claimed on the main page. I put it in my cart and the price goes up 10 bucks. WTFFFF

Are you adding it from the Lightning deals page? If you do it from the item page you don't get the Lightning Deal price. If you are, then I dunno, sounds like they fucked up (again).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
ooooomg I found out I could pay with Amex Rewards Points! I got it for free!

take that MOLYPOO

get me another proseco, it's time for b-spec

striKeVillain! said:
Bought myself a red Wii to go with DKCR. :D

Anyone know any good component cables to buy (or something better for HDTVs)?

Just buy the cheapest ones possible. You might want to think about hooking up to a SDTV though.

kaskade

I'm saving up a lot of money next year. Black Friday always sneaks up on me for some reason and I can never buy much. There's some Really good deals.

Y2Kev said:
i got it for 14.99 :lol

That's good because if you don't like you can trade-in for $30 on Amazon.

polyh3dron said:
It's that bad??

To be fair, I'm kind of exaggerating from my personal experience. There are few who like it as it is.

--

I almost bought Red Wii but then decided against it. I've a feeling Wii successor is not far ahead or permanent price drop at least.

george_us

Top First Person Shooter of All Time? Trying to think if this will be Modern Warfare 2 or Black Ops.

Edit: Blah, it is Modern Warfare 2

gdt

Just got back from K-Mart, got New Vegas for $35, no problem.

That $2 of tax hurts though :/. Rarely ever shop non-Amazon.

evil ways

Thinking about getting Reach and Fable 3, but then if something else pops up in an upcoming deal, would amazon still ship that separate order for free?

Pulled the trigger on a Wii, finally. I was slow and missed the red one though. Oh well. I hope Mario Galaxy 2 is on sale later today, that's what I really want to play.

Banned
gdt5016 said:
Just got back from K-Mart, got New Vegas for $35, no problem.

That $2 of tax hurts though :/. Rarely ever shop non-Amazon.

Why didnt you get it from Amazon? It is $34.99 right now.

Just got a shiny black Wii for $170 and it feels good. I also got Reach for $30 which is just about the price I was willing to pay for it.

Draft

Just stimulated the hell out of the economy. 27" Samsung monitor and 120GB Intel SSD. Time to step my game.

MikeE21286 said:
When I buy that xbox 360 with the $60 credit, will the credit just automatically go onto my account?

Yes, but sometimes it takes a couple days for it to show up. You'll receive an email when your credit is ready.
Draft said:
Just stimulated the hell out of the economy. 27" Samsung monitor and 120GB Intel SSD. Time to step my game.

How much for the monitor?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Yes, but sometimes it takes a couple days for it to show up. You'll receive an email when your credit is ready.

Great...hopefully it gets to me soon! I wanna use it to buy Reach lol

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
MikeE21286 said:
When I buy that xbox 360 with the $60 credit, will the credit just automatically go onto my account?
It usually goes into your account when your item ships (to prevent ordering an item, using credit, and then canceling said item) but the actual use of credit is automatic. You don't have to put in any codes.

MikeE21286 said:
Great...hopefully it gets to me soon! I wanna use it to buy Reach lol
Not going to happen in time.

Rflagg

So I deleted new Vegas, but when I got to checkout it didn't say for which platform, now I don't seem to be able to get it even though it is only like 27% claimed. 8(

JPBrowncoat said:
Getting the black Wii since my current one started giving me errors a few times. My poor wallet. I also got GoW. =/

Me and my wallet will not be friends for a looooooooong time after this last 24-36 hours. It was kinda disgusting how much abuse I gave it. Almost wanna just turn myself in for assault after this...

Top Bottom