• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

When I go to the Amazon BF page is shows Reach is 29.99 but then when I go to the Reach page it shows 39.99.

Will the price for Reach show up 29.99 when I put it in my cart? I don't wanna get into a situation where it doesn't and I have to delete it and then won't be able to...

Mindlog

The Amazon credit on the XBOX is video game credit. I won't be applicable to a non-proprietary hard drive.

nuts

I now have enough games to play until the next holiday season.

MikeE21286 said:
When I go to the Amazon BF page is shows Reach is 29.99 but then when I go to the Reach page it shows 39.99.

Will the price for Reach show up 29.99 when I put it in my cart? I don't wanna get into a situation where it doesn't and I have to delete it and then won't be able to...

Will show up as $39.99 in cart, then when getting to payment options you will see promotional credit for $10 in this case to make it $29.99 which will be reflected on the final page before confirming you order.

MikeE21286 said:

It should say something like "Special Offer: $29.99" below the item listed which will still say $39.99 to the right. When you go to checkout, it should say lightning deal $10 and the final price being $29.99 (it shouldn't cost you the $39.99, just make sure the final price in checkout is right) Hope this helps.

EDIT: Beaten

Scott32020 said:
It should say something like "Special Offer: $29.99" below the item listed which will still say $39.99 to the right. When you go to checkout, it should say lightning deal $10 and the final price being $29.99 (it shouldn't cost you the $39.99, just make sure the final price in checkout is right) Hope this helps.

EDIT: Beaten

I'm not seeing this at all? Could anyone take a screen grab?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Did you go to the final page?

yeah, I'm at the final page right now. All I see is mention of a future $10 credit towards XBL Membership

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games credit good toward a future purchase of a Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Subscription Code. The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships

RedAssedApe

Banned
Infinity said:
Unfortunately you're screwed. Amazon Lightning Deals are claimed once you add them to the cart. They won't let you add/remove/re-add.

Pretty sure you can just delete your cookies, restart your browser and get in on the lightning deal. I just did it right now for the Xbox Slim deal. Why would they restrict you if you haven't actually bought anything yet?

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
It was $15 on the 17th when I bought it but I don't know if it's that low still because of black friday or if it will go up.

I dunno, I just noticed it and was surprised by how cheap it was. Thought maybe someone would be interested.

Infinity

henhowc said:
Pretty sure you can just delete your cookies, restart your browser and get in on the lightning deal. I just did it right now for the Xbox Slim deal. Why would they restrict you if you haven't actually bought anything yet?
Hanging on to this tip in case it happens again. Thanks.

MikeE21286 said:
yeah, I'm at the final page right now. All I see is mention of a future $10 credit towards XBL Membership

Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $10 Video Games credit good toward a future purchase of a Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Subscription Code. The credit will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships

Right hand side under Order Summary doesn't show Lightning Deal: -$10.00?

Edit: Looks like this.
10roj68.png

brandonh83 said:
I dunno, I just noticed it and was surprised by how cheap it was. Thought maybe someone would be interested.

Ah, ok. I'll add it to the OP. :D

henhowc said:

So people can't glitch/buy multiple copies. Customer Service can also add it to your cart for you if you can't readd due to claiming. It only stays that way if you delete it from your cart, not from just letting it expire after 15 mins.

Najaf

If you have been in the market for some high quality headphones, the Sennheiser HD 555s are almost half off. 88.99 from 169.99.

I own the HD 595s and they are perfect for gaming when matched with my Astro mixamp.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Right hand side under Order Summary doesn't show Lightning Deal: -$10.00?

Edit: Looks like this.
10roj68.png

Ah, ok. I'll add it to the OP. :D

So people can't glitch/buy multiple copies. Customer Service can also add it to your cart for you if you can't readd due to claiming. It only stays that way if you delete it from your cart, not from just letting it expire after 15 mins.

nope (I edited out my personal/CC stuff) sorry for the quality...

5209695462_7dd07fbbfe.jpg

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just picked up Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light for $15.99! :D

This will be my first DS game, previews and everything about it seem good!

zlatko

Banned
Ugh, I sat on my Xbox 360 Headset a few days ago after coming back from the restroom and it was right on the ear piece part to make it pop off. (I'm only 170lbs, so no I'm not a wideload Gaf lol)

I was hoping there would be a good deal on headsets on Amazon, but I don't know if I can trust these 2-4 dollar headsets. I was specifically looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MRMCKU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anyone own this or have insight on it ?

zlatko said:
Ugh, I sat on my Xbox 360 Headset a few days ago after coming back from the restroom and it was right on the ear piece part to make it pop off. (I'm only 170lbs, so no I'm not a wideload Gaf lol)

I was hoping there would be a good deal on headsets on Amazon, but I don't know if I can trust these 2-4 dollar headsets. I was specifically looking at this one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002MRMCKU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Anyone own this or have insight on it ?

The wireless one is $30, but I'm assuming that's too much?

gdt5016 said:
How much is GOWIII right now? I saw it for $50 something on it's page...

$34.99 as a lightning deal with 1hr 45 mins left.

Bebpo

Banned
Najaf said:
If you have been in the market for some high quality headphones, the Sennheiser HD 555s are almost half off. 88.99 from 169.99.

I own the HD 595s and they are perfect for gaming when matched with my Astro mixamp.

I already have a great pair of headphones and I'm still tempted to buy these just to check them out at that price. Really good deal on them.

zlatko

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
The wireless one is $30, but I'm assuming that's too much?

Waaaay too much. Also, I don't prefer wireless headsets. I like them wired so I don't have to worry about charging them.

That was a hassle....had call up Amazon on the phone and even the CSR coulnd't get it to work. She had to apply me a $10 credit after I ordered. But in the end, $29.99 :D

Thanks for your help guys.

Picking up one of those Xbox 360 deals (with the bonus Amazon $60 videogame credit) for my brother. Credit obviously useful for me, or to later get extras such as an extra controller as a gift.

MikeE21286 said:
That was a hassle....had call up Amazon on the phone and even the CSR coulnd't get it to work. She had to apply me a $10 credit after I ordered. But in the end, $29.99 :D

Thanks for your help guys.

Glad it got sorted out!

DemiMatt

man I wonder if the Rocky BR collection who go on sale . . .

So tempting to get an LED TV but I gotta hold off for just a bit longer!

i dont understand, it says new vegas is only 43 percent claimed, but when i add it to my cart and proceed with the checkout it still rings up as $59.99. whats going on?

Kolgar

Amazon may be out of the red Wii, but Best Buy still has the red bundle with new Super Mario Brothers for $169. Just snapped one up for my girlfriend!

Instro

cmonmanreally said:
i dont understand, it says new vegas is only 43 percent claimed, but when i add it to my cart and proceed with the checkout it still rings up as $59.99. whats going on?

Wait till you get to the end of the order, if you notice in the payment options there will be "gift credit" which is how they subtract the lightning deal. Also it will show up in as a lightning deal discount in the final order before you submit.

never mind, its really weird, i actually have to select to add the item to my cart DIRECTLY off of the lightning deals bar. even if you just click on the name from the lightning deals bar, it'll send you to another page where the price isn't on sale, even if you go all the way through with the checkout process.

cmonmanreally said:
never mind, its really weird, i actually have to select to add the item to my cart DIRECTLY off of the lightning deals bar. even if you just click on the name from the lightning deals bar, it'll send you to another page where the price isn't on sale, even if you go all the way through with the checkout process.

Yup.

Something weird's going on in one of my Quick Picks (items from your wish list selected to have a special discount). The item page says $14 but the Gold Box page says $20. I try to order directly from the item page but it won't let me.

What price do you guys see when you visit this page?

Instro

If anyones interested, Uncharted 1 is back down to 14.99 again, I believe that was its price during the lightning deal yesterday.

Dug

Banned
faceless007 said:
Something weird's going on in one of my Quick Picks (items from your wish list selected to have a special discount). The item page says $14 but the Gold Box page says $20. I try to order directly from the item page but it won't let me.

What price do you guys see when you visit this page?
I see $14.00

Darkatomz

BigNastyCurve said:
Any idea how the HD555's these compare to these?
Not a very big difference, but the AD700 are usually accepted as the slightly better option.

To be honest, $89 for the 555's are not a deal, they're usually around that price anyways. They go for about $60 or less every so often

Top Bottom