• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

mehdi_san

Amazon customer service is AWESOME! I couldnt get the lightning deal for the Xbox 360, so I had to use the live chat twice. Eventually, they told me to just order it, and they actually removed $60 from the price!! No shitty store credit that you can only use for expensive games :lol :lol Now, how can i buy games from the XBLA while they're on sale without having an xbox yet?

FrankT

mehdi_san said:
Amazon customer service is AWESOME! I couldnt get the lightning deal for the Xbox 360, so I had to use the live chat twice. Eventually, they told me to just order it, and they actually removed $60 from the price!! No shitty store credit that you can only use for expensive games :lol :lol Now, how can i buy games from the XBLA while they're on sale without having an xbox yet?

Amazing. Anyhow, pretty sure you need and Xbox tied to an account before you can buy XBLA games.

mehdi_san said:

Oh you bastard. Grats

zlatko

Banned
Would anyone on Gaf be willing to place an order and ship it to my address and I'll just PayPal you the $ and a little extra for the hassle? I'm trying to avoid using credit cards anymore because of my damn addiction to impulse buying. :lol

The order will come out to $7.00 something including shipping, and I'll PayPal the helper $10.00.

PM me if willing to help. :)

mehdi_san

Jtyettis said:
Amazing. Anyhow, pretty sure you need and Xbox tied to an account before you can buy XBLA games.
Crap. Also, it seems I can't buy stuff from outside the US. Does that mean I have to create a Japanese account? They don't have sales for BF over here :(

So I just picked up The Sims 3 and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I have to give one of them up as a future gift but can keep the other and play now. Which one should I keep GAF? Both will be mine in a month but I just can't decide which one I want first.

BigNastyCurve said:
Good game, just bear in mind that it's all download codes except for the main game. Personally, that turned me away from buying it. I want to own my stuff, not permanently rent it.

Uncharted 2 did this as well. It's becoming difficult to keep track of which special editions I can buy. (download codes being unacceptable)

RedAssedApe

Banned
mehdi_san said:

How'd you trick them into doing that? :p

ReyVGM

Just picked up Dementium 2 for 13 bucks and Theresia for 14.

I've never heard of Theresia before, but so far everyone that liked that old NES game Shadowgate said to play this game. And I like that old NES game Shadowgate.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Lucentto said:
I'm interested in New Vegas, but the various reports of nasty bugs on 360 keep me away. Sucks.

It's been patched, there are still some here and there but not as bad.

In my 30 hour playthrough I didn't run into any major bugs.

DaBuddaDa

mehdi_san said:
Now, how can i buy games from the XBLA while they're on sale without having an xbox yet?
I'm not sure if you can do this, but I'd guess: Go to xbox.com/live, see if you can create your live account there, and buy some MS points. Then spend the points on the games you want (all on the website). When you log in with your new Xbox for the first time, the games you bought should be queued to download automatically after signing in.

Cowie

Mystagogue said:
So I just picked up The Sims 3 and Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit. I have to give one of them up as a future gift but can keep the other and play now. Which one should I keep GAF? Both will be mine in a month but I just can't decide which one I want first.

Depends on your backlog, probably. If you're not playing much right now, Sims will be a better time sink. Of the two games, that one is likely to hold you longer, I'm guessing. But if you've got stuff to play, you probably don't need an immersing game like that right now.

Carlisle

Man, I really feel like I should get Reach, New Vegas, and Fable 3, or some combination there of... but I haven't finished Halo 3, Fallout 3, or Fable 2 so I feel like none of them would get played for a long time if I even bothered.

What are the odds New Vegas gets picked up for $30 on Steam in the next few days?

So should I get the Amazon PS3 bundle? Can I easily cancel the order if a better PS3 deal pops up between now and Monday?

I was hoping for getting PS3 only, or getting something from Newegg (which means no $25 tax, because I'm in NYC) but I don't know if that's going to happen.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Allan Holdsworth said:
Are they much better than the 280s?
I have the 555s and love them, but keep in mind they are open headphones so you will have no privacy if that is what you want.

edit: why did i type this, you definitely know it if you know another headphone's model number

SamuraiX-

Amazon's deal for AC: Brotherhood sucks ass and K-Mart are a bunch of asshole liars. FML

Anyone else have any good ACB deals under $50?

mehdi_san said:

Good for you in terms of Amazon customer service.

However, others reading this should keep in mind that you need not use the credit all at once, the remaining credit will show up during checkout the next time another videogame product is purchased. $20 game here, then another there, sit on the remainder for later.

To wit, I had a $20 videogame credit recently, bought something that came to $19.99. A little while later got another game from Amazon, triggering the remaining $.01 from the promotion. Yay...:lol

LiK

SamuraiX- said:
Amazon's deal for AC: Brotherhood sucks ass and K-Mart are a bunch of asshole liars. FML

Anyone else have any good ACB deals under $50?
Amazon had AC:B for $40 yesterday for one day.

SamuraiX-

What promotion is Amazon doing that they're taking $10 off video games? Is that just on Black Friday?

LiK said:
Amazon had AC:B for $40 yesterday for one day.

Looks like I can buy it right now from them for $44.44 exactly.

Should I pull the trigger? Think any better deals will come up within the next month?

FrankT

SamuraiX- said:
What promotion is Amazon doing that they're taking $10 off video games? Is that just on Black Friday?

Looks like I can buy it right now from them for $44.44 exactly.

Should I pull the trigger? Think any better deals will come up within the next month?

Not much better. Probably $40 at best unless they have another deal later tied to it.

mehdi_san

DaBuddaDa said:
I'm not sure if you can do this, but I'd guess: Go to xbox.com/live, see if you can create your live account there, and buy some MS points. Then spend the points on the games you want (all on the website). When you log in with your new Xbox for the first time, the games you bought should be queued to download automatically after signing in.
It worked!!! I just bought Splosion Man, Trials HD, and Portal, all on sale, just from my browser! I got the points from Amazon!!! Im so excited I cant sleep :lol :lol

Flunkie

Banned
Jtyettis said:
Not much better. Probably $40 at best unless they have another deal later tied to it.
I dunno.. if I see it for $35 anytime between here and Monday, I'm jumping on it. It wouldn't surprise me.

Memles

So, Lightning Deal is listed as Endless Ocean with Wii Speak microphone, but ends up as not that in the cart - uncool.

Flunkie

Banned
Just snagged Need for Speed and Ratchet & Clank!

I love Black Friday! Thanks to promotional credit from Black Ops and Swagbucks, I got:

Fallout: New Vegas for 360
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for 360
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction

..for a total of $25! And all with Prime. Love it.

Top Bottom