• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Memles

timmytheman123 said:
I don't think the lightning deal shows up until the final checkout

Oh, the price shows up.

But it's not the WiiSpeak version. Labeled wrong on Black Friday site.

Bebpo

Banned
YAY, got in for NFS from being on the waitlist.

Hope the games good. Didn't like the demo, but everyone says the full game is good and I sort of trust Criterion. Trust them enough for $30.

I got the 4gb 360 for $199, but how long will the $60 credit take to get in an email? Is it true that the credit is only for video games? I guess I might as well use it for DKCR...

Bebpo

Banned
Mr. E. Yis said:
I got the 4gb 360 for $199, but how long will the $60 credit take to get in an email? Is it true that the credit is only for video games? I guess I might as well use it for DKCR...

Probably when it ships and yes you can only use it on games, which kind of sucks since by the time you get it all the good game deals will be over :(

LiK

Mr. E. Yis said:
Usually 2 days after it ships unless stated otherwise

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So something very interesting just happened, I was able to order Need for Speed for $35 on Monday as part of an early Reward Zone Silver Best Buy program. I used $15 of Reward Zone certificates on it and the total was like $21.

I just jumped online to check the order and it now has updated to say the order total was $9.99 BEFORE my certificates were added, thus after I gained $5 back!

So essentially I got Need for Speed for $9.99, free after my reward zone certificates! :D

polyh3dron said:
How does the wait list work?

People claim a deal, but if it expires the claim % doesn't go down but it's not sold so at the end it goes in order of the wait list with the remaining ones until all amount of the item is purchased.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
People claim a deal, but if it expires the claim % doesn't go down but it's not sold so at the end it goes in order of the wait list with the remaining ones until all amount of the item is purchased.
I understand that, but how do I get notified?

EDIT: never mind, Modnation just popped up on my screen as being ready! :D :D :D

polyh3dron said:
How does the wait list work?

"Wait lists are formed when all available discounts for a deal have been added to customers' carts, but not all customers have checked out. As not every customer will check out in time to use the discount, Amazon can offer this deal to waiting customers. If you join the wait list and the deal becomes available while still browsing amazon.com, we will notify you by showing an alert box in your browser"

polyh3dron said:
I understand that, but how do I get notified?

^^

ReyVGM

D23 said:
thinking of getting that endless ocean game... is it worth $15?

Yes, it's great. Assuming you like discovery-type games.

There's nothing to kill here, just explore the oceans discovering fish while great soothing music plays.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
ooh is endless ocean 2 still on sale?

I rented it. The act of swimming around the ocean and just relaxing and checking out the fishies/flora works very well. It's refreshing and unusual, which alone makes it worth a purchase. It does have some problems, mainly the horrible characters and cutscenes that you're forced to watch. There seemed to be a lot of unnecessary crap in between the good stuff, but not enough to ruin the experience.

Snuggler said:
ooh is endless ocean 2 still on sale?

I rented it. The act of swimming around the ocean and just relaxing and checking out the fishies/flora works very well. It's refreshing and unusual, which alone makes it worth a purchase. It does have some problems, mainly the horrible characters and cutscenes that you're forced to watch. There seemed to be a lot of unnecessary crap in between the good stuff, but not enough to ruin the experience.

Yea, only 60% claimed for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/Outlet/b/ref=...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1281599522&pf_rd_i=468642

FUCK!

Amazon UK had the 4Gb Xbox 360 S for £50, I added it to my basket and went to checkout...page redirected back to the homepage and my basket was empty.

Absolutely raging!

Man, great sale on NFS.

I decided to go to Kmart and get the LE for 34.99. Had $25 in gaming coupons expiring Dec 25th so it only cost me $10.76 out the door :D

I must say, I'm very happy with my Black Friday Haul!

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Damn. Missed Tools of Destruction for $10, but I'm picking up A Crack in Time whenever I get the email from Walmart anyway.

The Zombie game later is L4D2 for $10 right?

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
damn, i guess i'm out of luck with wishing dead rising 2 is going to be part of this :(
It was $35 yesterday... I'd keep checking over the next few days, you never know if it might be temporarily discounted again.

dralla said:
theres a zombie game going on sale later. dont know which it is

"Prepare to battle zombie mutants."

Hmmm, i guess there's an outside shot this could be dead rising 2, although it sounds more like Crackdown 2 to be honest....

we'll see! now to wait for the twilight zone deal in 20 mins...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
FrenchMovieTheme said:
"Prepare to battle zombie mutants."

Hmmm, i guess there's an outside shot this could be dead rising 2, although it sounds more like Crackdown 2 to be honest....

we'll see! now to wait for the twilight zone deal in 20 mins...

it's not
KZJHY.png

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Imperial Hot said:
Also got Mad Men Seasons 1-3. :D

That has probably been my favorite purchase. I had trade in credit to cover all three seasons and they already shipped it even though I went for super saver. I went crazy last year with a TV, computer monitor, and PS3 bundle so I'm glad I've been able to stick to heavily discounted games and Blu-Rays this year. Gonna be quite entertained for the month of December.

alr1ghtstart said:
it's not

Thanks for clarifying on L4D2. Might try to make that my last purchase of the day.

mjc

FrenchMovieTheme said:
any chance they could make NBA jam on 360/ps3 part of the deal coming up at 6? :D
That would be awesome but I doubt it. Only the Wii version has been on sale everywhere else.

jgkspsx

FWIW, the first Endless Ocean was better in many ways. The second is prettier, and has more stuff, but it's a lot more groan-inducing and lacks the awesome humor of the first.

Top Bottom