• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Codeblue

I didn't have a backlog prior to this week. I don't think I'm going to be buying any more games until February at the earliest.

I will probably cave at some point before then, but that's how I feel at the moment.

Battle unimaginable undead evil.
?

Time altering cold war battle
Singularity is time altering right?

Face your fate in the machinery of the future
?

Huhhh

Quixzlizx

oatmeal said:
FYI, that killer buy.com plasma deal fell through for a ton of people (me included)

So don't feel too bad.

I stayed up until 3 am, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

AvidNobody said:
?

?

Huhhh

RE5:Gold

Singularity

Resonance of Fate

Edit: A bunch of games are popping up when there were no hints before. Should be interesting...

AvidNobody said:
?

?

Huhhh

looks like:

resident evil 5 gold
singularity
resonance of fate

i will buy RE 5 gold and ROF if they are $19.99 or below. if not, eat a bag of dicks amazon!

Jubs

So, I really wanted to get Dragon Age: UE for the PS3, but now I'm a little hesitant. I keep hearing how the experience is much better on the PC, and I have a decent enough rig that's capable of running it. Is it still worth it getting the game for consoles? Or is it really that much better on the PC that you should always get the PC version if possible?

SOLDIER

I briefly tried the PC version.

It's basically whether you want to play it like a tactical strategy game, or like FFXII.

I ended up enjoying the latter more, so I went with 360 version.

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like:

resident evil 5 gold
singularity
resonance of fate

i will buy RE 5 gold and ROF if they are $19.99 or below. if not, eat a bag of dicks amazon!

Check your local Target. I've seen RE5 GOLD on clearance for $19.99. YMMV for prices but it might be worth a shot!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Jubs said:
So, I really wanted to get Dragon Age: UE for the PS3, but now I'm a little hesitant. I keep hearing how the experience is much better on the PC, and I have a decent enough rig that's capable of running it. Is it still worth it getting the game for consoles? Or is it really that much better on the PC that you should always get the PC version if possible?

Dragon Age is definitely a must-play on PC if you have the means to do it. It's not just better looking or better optimized, it plays the way it was intended to play. The limitations of the PS360 gamepads make for some pretty mediocre combat and cumbersome controls, I still enjoyed it on PS3 but I can't say it played very well.

Plus, it runs under 30fps most of the time on PS3 so that's another reason to avoid.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
PopcornMegaphone said:
Does anyone know how much Heavy Rain is going to cost in 4 hours?

"How far will you go to save someone you love?"

I didn't see anything about Heavy Rain. Now I'm tempted, $30 or less and I might bite.

JayDubya

Banned
I have DA: Collector's Edition on 360 and I just bought Ultimate for the PC.

The ability to play the game in BG style, the ability to patch the game and restore its mechanics to where they were supposed to be (rogues and archers really get shafted), and the ability to apply modded graphics / character models was too good to pass up.

I like the game a lot, and I was like, well, hell, $30 for Awakenings on 360, or $35 for the whole mess plus the ability to mod and patch.

Doesn't amazon usually run free shipping during black friday? Havent they in years past? Resonance of Fate is only 17 bucks but the 8 buck shipping is kinda taking away from the deal?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
looks like:

resident evil 5 gold
singularity
resonance of fate

this :lol

i saw it for $27 at target today but since its a clearance game it goes down every monday.

but since resident evil 5 -not gold- is $15 shipped on amazon now, most likely it will be $20

match the $15 amazon :p

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:
Doesn't amazon usually run free shipping during black friday? Havent they in years past? Resonance of Fate is only 17 bucks but the 8 buck shipping is kinda taking away from the deal?

The seller there is not Amazon.

XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:

Selfishly, I sure hope not since I paid for Amazon Prime. I think you can still get super-saver shipping on orders more then $25, etc.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
XxSlasherMcGirkxX said:

Seller isn't Amazon, they probably can't get you free shipping when acting as a 3rd party.

edit: beat.

Mrbob said:
Check your local Target. I've seen RE5 GOLD on clearance for $19.99. YMMV for prices but it might be worth a shot!

Mine had it for $27.98 so not all of them are that low and that's why I held off.

JayDubya said:
I have DA: Collector's Edition on 360 and I just bought Ultimate for the PC.

The ability to play the game in BG style, the ability to patch the game and restore its mechanics to where they were supposed to be (rogues and archers really get shafted), and the ability to apply modded graphics / character models was too good to pass up.

I like the game a lot, and I was like, well, hell, $30 for Awakenings on 360, or $35 for the whole mess plus the ability to mod and patch.

Did you get the PC version on sale or just outright bought it?

Jubs

I guess I'll hold off on DA:UE, until I can find a decent enough deal for a PC version. Maybe Steam will have it on sale.

DA was ok on 360. i've never played it on PC because my computer isn't very good, so maybe i would think the 360 version was shitting if i did. but as a mainly console gamer i didn't have a problem with the gameplay. kind of like mass effect or knights of the old republic, i couldn't get into the story at all though.

kamspy

Jubs said:

As a guy who played the PC version and watched my wife play the PS3 version, get the PC version.

Playing it with a controller is like playing Street Fighter 2 with a keyboard and mouse. The battles scaled down on the console version and everything felt like it was buried 5 deep in radial menus within radial menus.

Amazon has the Ultimate Edition Digital Download for $35 if your willing to bet $10 that they outlast Impulse.

I was ready to go for the Ace Attorney deal, but amazon decided that they wanted 25$ to ship it to europe, and i had no way of changing the shipping method, so i skipped it.

friskykillface said:
in for left 4 dead 2 :D

wonder if the community is dead, this is my 3rd copy of it i think :lol

i'll finally finish it.
Same. I always end up selling it off and regretting it later even though I play it often on PC.
Copies are sure going fast.

CrankyJay

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
hard to pass up L4D2 at $9.99!

now the last 2 deals ill look out for are RE 5 and resonance of fate. you know what you have to do amazon!

What's the deal with resonance of fate? Fun game? I saw it at $20 last week...you think they'd dump it out at $10?

Just picked up L4D2, Mad Men Seasons 1-3, and for the hell of it, both of those $1.99 fast and the furious lightning deals :lol

Wish there was a sale on True Blood Season 2 and Californication somewhere

Mindlog

L4D2 is flying.

I can't believe I was doubting Amazon. I've been using all of my 'shared' prime accounts to get enough copies of certain games. Some stockings are going to be overflowing with black and green plastic cases :lol

CrankyJay said:
What's the deal with resonance of fate? Fun game? I saw it at $20 last week...you think they'd dump it out at $10?

can't say for sure, i've only seen vids on youtube and read about it. not a great game but it sounds interesting to me. it's kind of like a real time RPG/strategy type game.... with guns instead of a fantasy setting. probably worth just about $20 from what i've read, so i won't bother if it's more than that

The Rizza

Just picked up L4D2. Does anyone know what the deal is for this next item? I know it's probably a DS Lite but is there a way to find out how much you'd be saving?

Top Bottom