• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon's Countdown to Black Friday Video Game Sales 2010

Momar

aka Ryder
Volcynika said:
Not a bug. Once you add a lightning deal to your cart you're locked out of adding it again, regardless of ordering it or canceling it.

Well, if you don't make the purchase, I'm going to go ahead and pretty much guarantee you that not letting you ever add the deal back to your cart is NOT the intended behavior. And if it is, I need to have a talk with some folk.

edit: OK, if you let the deal expire, you can re-add it. So I guess it's all good. Just don't delete it from your cart, to be safe.

MrDaravon

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
:lol So much anger at CAG

I still can't get it to load at all :lol

I don't blame them at all though, if I hadn't gotten it this morning and waited for this I'd be pretty fucking pissed, especially since it's unlikely to drop that far again before Christmas.

Zapages

Amazon must of have messed up big time or Amazon pulled an Ono on all of us. :lol

Glad I got it this morning at Kmart. :)

I just got it online at K-Mart. Paid a dollar for shipping and $4 for tax so I only saved $5 off what I thought I would pay but it was still a good deal

Monocle

Fucking Amazon and CAG. I missed out on Kmart's ACB for $40 deal because I waited for the gold box special. Great.

Volcynika

Momar said:
Well, if you don't make the purchase, I'm going to go ahead and pretty much guarantee you that not letting you ever add the deal back to your cart is NOT the intended behavior. And if it is, I need to have a talk with some folk.

edit: OK, if you let the deal expire, you can re-add it. So I guess it's all good. Just don't delete it from your cart, to be safe.

Ah, I was about to show this from their help part

"Why does the Lightning Deal say "Claimed?"
After you purchase the deal, you will see the Lightning Deal's status change to "Claimed." This indicates that you have purchased the deal. If you delete the deal from your Cart, the deal status will remain "Claimed.""

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I bought it, but if they don't do a pricing adjustment before midnight I'll cancel. Not a huge deal either way since the inevitable Ubi price drop will likely happen in January and I have a backlog anyways.

luxarific said:
I bought it, but if they don't do a pricing adjustment before midnight I'll cancel. Not a huge deal either way since the inevitable Ubi price drop will likely happen in January and I have a backlog anyways.

EH.................. Be careful, most orders have been instantly going to shipping soon. Just a warning.

Momar

aka Ryder
It's not CAG's fault in any way, even the twitter confirmed the 39.99 price point. Knowing Amazon's rep, this is more than likely a mistake. Some poor shmuck is probably getting paged about it right now.

Either way, I'm still hella mad.

Infinity

Holding out on Amazon to realize their "error" and price match K-Mart.

Plus with K-Mart, you've got tax + .99 shipping.

I'm a CAG'er. :lol

Momar

aka Ryder
Volcynika said:
Ah, I was about to show this from their help part

"Why does the Lightning Deal say "Claimed?"
After you purchase the deal, you will see the Lightning Deal's status change to "Claimed." This indicates that you have purchased the deal. If you delete the deal from your Cart, the deal status will remain "Claimed.""

I see, thanks for the source on that. It seems kind of crazy for me, though, that the intended behavior of ANYTHING on Amazon should be to hinder one's ability to buy something. That's kind of unheard of.

gobassgo

Banned
Haha this was such a cock tease. I spent all day finishing up AC2 in anticipation of buying ACB on amazon tonight. :lol

Momar said:
I see, thanks for the source on that. It seems kind of crazy for me, though, that the intended behavior of ANYTHING on Amazon should be to hinder one's ability to buy something. That's kind of unheard of.

It's because people use to horde in their cart and other horseshit. This is so much better and as long as the deal isn't at 100% you can call their support to have it added to your cart for the sale price. This is vastly better than it used to be.

Volcynika said:
Price is fixed. $39.99 showing now.

EDIT: Ok refresh and $49.99 now wtf.

EDIT2: Another refresh and back to $39.99
:lol Still shows $49.99 for me after 2 refreshes.

Edit: $39.99! Where does the wheel stop? Nobody Knows! :lol

luxarific

Nork unification denier
I just sent an e-mail to customer service asking that they honor the 39.99 lighting deal price since I can't reorder it. :lol

AcridMeat

Banned
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I added it to my cart because it listed $40, now it's saying my subtotal is $54.

I now have like 12 minutes to buy it :(

Momar

aka Ryder
Eff, I have it in my cart but it's stuck at 49. I need to wait 3 more minutes for that claim to expire so i can re-add it.

Mindlog

Yay.

"Thank you, your order has been placed."

# Shipping Speed: Two-Day Shipping
# Order Total: $39.99

No, thank you, Amazon.

___

Note to everybody. You have to claim the special price through the Black Friday offer link. If you don't you will be paying full price.

So, I'm tempted to plop down $200 for the 360 Slim + $60 gift card. Assuming I don't actually download any games, how far will 4 GB go?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
AcridMeat said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I added it to my cart because it listed $40, now it's saying my subtotal is $54.

I now have like 12 minutes to buy it :(
It says under that Special Price = $39.99

Infinity

Got one! But, something strange happened, and fortunately my wife was able to snag a copy at the $39.99 price.

For me, I got the $39.99 price all the way up until I was set to confirm the order. At that point, it reverted back to the $49.99 price. Weird...

SpeedySwaf said:
So, I'm tempted to plop down $200 for the 360 Slim + $60 gift card. Assuming I don't actually download any games, how far will 4 GB go?

not that far...but NewEgg is having a sale on USB flash drives. You can grab a 16gb one for $15 or a 32gb one for $30.

Here's links for each item...looks like they were remvoed from the OP that I linked too

Memorex Mini TravelDrive 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Black) Model 98188
CORSAIR Flash Voyager 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Model CMFUSB2.0-16GB

Monocle

What the the hell is going on? I added Brotherhood to my cart and didn't get the discount, so I deleted it and now I can't add it again! This is some extreme fucking bullshit. Come on, Amazon.

SpeedySwaf said:

It depends on how often you'll be playing but I suggest you get one with bigger hard drive space. 4GB really wont take you that far.

:lol :lol comedy at the CAG forums but wtf amazon thats messed up.

glad its fixed now, i would have been pissed if that happened to me.

can call of duty 4 be $10 on xbox 360 too :( :'(

Monocle said:
What the the hell is going on? I added Brotherhood to my cart and didn't get the discount, so I deleted it and now I can't add it again! This is some extreme fucking bullshit. Come on, Amazon.

this is standard procedure for lightning deals....once you remove from your cart you can't re-add

Chamber

love on your sleeve
AssBro for 39.99!

iVOUW.gif

Ponn

Banned
Monocle said:

Same thing here, I saved credit and passed on DAO UE at 3am this morning waiting for this, added it, saw it wasn't 40, they changed it after I deleted it and now i'm fucked. Seriously, FUCK YOU AMAZON!!

Mindlog

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412833

Red Dead will be $29 at Wal Mart.
Amazon normally price matches everything, but this is not guaranteed.

CheapyD said:
Anyone who had ordered at the $49.99 price will get a $10 refund automatically. Trying to find if there is any hope for those who added to the cart and deleted/let it expire.

It looks like Amazon is going to take care of as many people as they can.

I ran into the claim bug a while back. I just ordered from another account.
crude but effective

Top Bottom