• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Hotel |OT| Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed!

did this drawing yesterday of the vamp queen herself :)

still not sure if i like this season or not but hopefully it grows on me

tumblr_nwl5gvdPt91uukgjbo1_1280.jpg

This is amazing! You're hella talented.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
did this drawing yesterday of the vamp queen herself :)

still not sure if i like this season or not but hopefully it grows on me

tumblr_nwl5gvdPt91uukgjbo1_1280.jpg

Yoooooo thats amazing. Permission to use it as a avatar?

I'm almost finished watching episode 2, as I need to catch up.

I liked the first episode, and it helped get the sour taste of both Asylum and, especially, Freak Show, out of my mouth...but episode 2 has been pretty boring.

I was betting on the mom to get ganked by her son, but the dog did instead. I'm actually surprised she's been alive this long since she discovered him.

dcelw540

This season is just weird, not good or bad just weird. Nothing really makes much sense and I really don't care about any character since there so many and they don't focus really on one.

The hotel is basically the The Stanley Hotel from the Shining.

Both filled with ghosts that take solid form that try to drive people insane.

Just another horror homage fulfilled in the hotel.
It's like this and Scream Queens are competing for top tier homage status.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If Hotel stays on track it'll easily be the best season yet.

This. This season is already slaying all the other four. I think I mentioned it weeks ago, but: Lady Gaga is probably the best thing to happen to the series for a while. It feels like once Lange left it kinda forced Murphy to actually develop his fucking characters and season out completely.

LaNaranja

Has the show gotten better? I didn't care for the pilot and the I fell asleep during the second episode and woke up to see Lady Gaga on a horse and I was like damn this is really stupid. I really liked Seasons 1 and 3 and loved 2 but honestly what I have seen of Hotel seems like more of Freak Show. Is there some sort of plot that is actually moving forward or is it just spinning its wheels like season 4? If it does get better at what point does it pick up?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Was Jeffrey Dahmer the one that killed the maid's boy? or am I making a false connection

Either way another really good episode. I hope this is a two parter and that we get to see more of all these killers because they're certainly very interesting.
I wonder what Sally meant by making James March leave her alone for a year. I'm guessing he has some level of control over who can stay or not once their dead, so I hope they go into that a bit

Monocle

What's this, another good episode? Hotel takes another step toward the status of best AHS season ever? I'll take it!

- I loved Ms. Evers' backstory. This season keeps supplying engaging histories for its characters. 

- Yasss Gaga, snatch that wayward child lol. I didn't think she herself would turn out to have taken him, and I certainly didn't expect her to have such a delicious conversation with his mom. 

- Let me be totally honest here. If Lady Gaga offered to turn me into a vampire with a mild sensitivity to sunlight and the ability to maintain an erection, and the only "price" was taking a sweet gig where she's my boss, I think my very last reaction would be to wave a gun in her face. Mrs. Lowe threw away a pretty rad offer IMO. 

- Is that Aileen Wuornos? Haha, this show. I like the idea of Hotel Cortez being a haven for dead killers. It took me a second to realize this is the Halloween episode, hence the Devil's Night thing.

- And now John's trying to sleep with her? This guy's life is truly a comedy of errors. 

- "The Mt. Rushmore of murder," nice. Also, "I thought he would appreciate this dark evil..." That writing! So good. 

- I think Mr. March might be my favorite character out of all of Evan Peters' AHS roles. His whole early 20th century gentleman persona entertains me. 

- Oh hey, Mrs. Lowe came around to The Countess's offer! Didn't see that coming. Her character has been one of the least interesting in the season, and her acting doesn't always fully convince me, so this is an excellent time for her story to take a major turn.

This episode felt a bit light, but apart from the serial killer fluff, we got some meaty backstory for Ms. Evers, and Mrs. Lowe finally became interesting. No complaints here. 

This. This season is already slaying all the other four. I think I mentioned it weeks ago, but: Lady Gaga is probably the best thing to happen to the series for a while. It feels like once Lange left it kinda forced Murphy to actually develop his fucking characters and season out completely.
Yes, it's definitely looking that way. Gaga turned out to be a major asset instead of just a novelty, and the characters all feel substantial this time. I'd expected a decline with Lange's departure, but we got the opposite!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
- Oh hey, Mrs. Lowe came around to The Countess's offer! Didn't see that coming. Her character has been one of the least interesting in the season, and her acting doesn't always fully convince me, so this is an excellent time for her story to take a major turn.

I've been feeling this too. Given her background she should be a lot more compelling than what we have seen so far. Its all been very one note with her

I kinda feel bad for Scarlett though. Her brother's a vampire and so is her mom. And there's no way John Lowe ends up sane at the end of the season.

:(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
A vampire doctor is definitely something fun to play with.

I bet she vamps that kid with pneumonia.

I hope not. That'd be stupid. "Oh, hey, anti-Vaxxers. Just become a vampire! Diseases solved!"

Matt_ said:
Was Jeffrey Dahmer the one that killed the maid's boy? or am I making a false connection

No, he did. One of the angles shows a long shot of him drilling into the guy's head. Then pouring "acid" into it to "make him a zombie."

Edit: Oh, wait. Misread. No Dahmer wasn't alive in the 1920's. The other one that the maid brought to the party: Yeah, he killed that one.

Dahmer was a homosexual and killed a bunch of men while having thoughts of subs and murder IIRC. His wikipedia page should fill you in more.

Nemesis_

If any of you have seen that movie with Angelina Jolie (Changeling) that's about the Chicken Coop murders - who was the same killer that killed Ms. Evers' son.

Awesome episode. The serial killer dinner was fantastic. Curious how John makes it out or if the whole family gets consumed. He's gotta solve the current copy cat murders I would think.

Awesome episode. The serial killer dinner was fantastic. Curious how John makes it out or if the whole family gets consumed. He's gotta solve the current copy cat murders I would think.
I'm gonna take a guess and say that John is the 10 commandment killer. Everytime he drinks, he blackouts and kills a person. There's a reason why he was invited to the dinner.

I'm gonna take a guess and say that John is the 10 commandment killer. Everytime he drinks, he blackouts and kills a person. There's a reason why he was invited to the dinner.

I had the same thought though March saying "He's not one of us yet..." may poke holes in that theory. Or maybe he's referring to the fact that he doesn't quite enjoy/embrace it.

I had the same thought though March saying "He's not one of us yet..." may poke holes in that theory. Or maybe he's referring to the fact that he doesn't quite enjoy/embrace it.
That and he also made a comment about John having unfinished business or work to do possibly referring to finishing the 10 commandment deaths.

My thoughts exactly.

This season is strange. It's remarkably better than most of the prior seasons but I just don't give a fuck about any of the characters. It's kinda nice watching it feeling so removed.

Monocle

Damn, I bet you're right. Kind of wish I hadn't read that.

I still hope it happens, because that would be an entertaining direction for John's character.

Nemesis_

I wonder what Gagas endgame is? She's turning people left right and centre and framing it as something beautiful and compassionate but I wonder if she has an ulterior motive.

Downhome

Yeah, I thought that was pretty obvious. I have had that thought ever since he first went to the hotel, left, then went back. His invitation to dinner confirmed it for me as far as I'm concerned. I don't think the big "reveal" will be that either. I think it will be something else that leads to the conclusion, another main character, something.

I thought about this possibility myself. Then I thought of that dark figure the night his daughter followed him into the house where those two guys had their stomachs gutted. The phone calls with the voice changer would have to be explained in a weird way too since he took calls at the station multiple times. Once while on the phone with his daughter reading a story.

EDIT: i should say he turned down the call while on the phone with his daughter.

Top Bottom