• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Horror Story: Hotel |OT| Uh oh! There was a monster in my bed!

Jesus H. Christ!

Jesus H. Christ!

I needed a Halloween fix and decided to start this series up. Finished season 1 earlier today and it was amazing. Such a crazy, but personal season through-and-through. Going onto season 2 it seems to keep that up.

Jessica Lange is incredible. I see that the series is an anthology series, but before I go onto season 3 and 4, are they worth watching? Or should I just jump to Hotel as soon as possible? What's the general consensus on the seasons past 2?
It will only go downhill from here.

Toa TAK

Banned
It will only go downhill from here.

You know, I can believe it.

Just finished watching Asylum and I have to say that it's easily one of my favorite pieces of television I've watched. It ain't perfect, but what warts it has are so small and minuscule it doesn't matter because the story is so engrossing (random dance number and all) and I just kept rooting for these characters. Fell in love with the concept of the season and thought that the execution was nailed. The season closer was an excellent bow, predictable at bits but it felt powerful and honest to these characters that were built up throughout. Fantastic callback.

Man, I thought season 1 was amazing. Okay, a family moves into a haunted house--easy. But instead of gimmicks, these two seasons kept it true to the people and that's what I love about it. Got a co-worker who's watching this series right now, too, and somehow got me hooked by a simple recommendation. The man says season 3 is his favorite, but I can't imagine it being any better than what I just finished watching.

Alrus

So I finally got time to watch this, so far I'm not particularly thrilled by it but I'll keep going a few more episodes to see where this goes.

I can't believe Lady Gaga would kick Matt Bomer out for that dumb model, hope his character gets killed off rather quickly as he's not enjoyable at all.

Some of the seasons of this show is not good. But damn dies Evan Peters nail his roles. I love him in the season. Spot on.

Im still sad Jessica Lang isn't in this season

So, it's free on Amazon Instant.

It's definitely more S1 than the last three seasons.

That scene at the L.A. Graveyard was fucking god-tier. The editing with Nosferatu looking right as Gaga looks right, how Bomer and Gaga move.... the music.

Nemesis_

So I finally got time to watch this, so far I'm not particularly thrilled by it but I'll keep going a few more episodes to see where this goes.

I can't believe Lady Gaga would kick Matt Bomer out for that dumb model, hope his character gets killed off rather quickly as he's not enjoyable at all.

He's a guest star this season. I hope he's not in it either. Donovan just moves and breathes his character so amazingly. I don't like Tristan at all.

Meowster

I like Tristan fine but Donovan seems like he is the better character (and actor). Lady GaGa was stone cold chilling in that break up scene though. I thought she was doing good so far but that's a future glimpse of some great untapped potential there - hope future episodes really create an incredible monologue for her.

Nemesis_

I like Tristan fine but Donovan seems like he is the better character (and actor). Lady GaGa was stone cold chilling in that break up scene though. I thought she was doing good so far but that's a future glimpse of some great untapped potential there - hope future episodes really create an incredible monologue for her.

There was a trailer about the whole season and it looks like she gets a few.

Alrus

I'm also really confused as to how these people have never been caught. Their victims look like they're regular people with probably families who'd look for them. You can't tell me nobody noticed them picking up that couple in the first episode what with the super ostentatious clothes they're wearing.

He's a guest star this season. I hope he's not in it either. Donovan just moves and breathes his character so amazingly. I don't like Tristan at all.

Seriously hope so.

Nemesis_

I'm also really confused as to how these people have never been caught. Their victims look like they're regular people with probably families who'd look for them. You can't tell me nobody noticed them picking up that couple in the first episode what with the super ostentatious clothes they're wearing.

I assume that since the Hotel was built to be a kind of dumping bound for these people that they are able to cover it up pretty well. They even said Mr. March's problem was that he got way too sloppy. I assume, since Elizabeth lived with Mr. March at the time (we can assume she was his wife that dobbed him in) that she has a better idea of what to do and what not to do to make sure she doesn't get caught.

On a side note - why did Kathy Bates drop flour on top of the body she dropped down the chute?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight:

Mommy

Alex hits a breaking point when Scarlett brings up memories of Holden and Donovan becomes a target of the Countess's rival.

It's airing in a 90 minute block, so set your DVR's accordingly.

Monocle

He's the flavor of the week. (Hopefully.) I think Gaga wanted to give Bomer a taste of heartbreak. Add piquancy to his unlife or whatever. She seems to be a darkly sensuous person who would mess with someone that way, just to give contrast to all the pleasurable times they shared. All the blood orgies and stuff.

We've all been there.

B-Dex

I googled you

That sounds obscene. (Creepy grin)

I am done.

Wait am I gonna be ahead again? Bless Canada and less ads.

dcelw540

Man I liked the begining of this season but these two past episodes seem a bit slow and boring for my liking hopefully it picks up :/

Monocle

Oh hell yes, this season is staying good. Angela Bassett is fierce as hell. Loved her Foxy Brown homage, the elevator montage using different outfits to show the passage of years, the cheeky humor ("I Googled you") and all this juicy backstory we're getting for various characters. The visuals are still on point, the music is still on point. Most importantly: the hunks remain front and center. YES.

If Hotel stays on track it'll easily be the best season yet.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
this season is so much better than the last two, thank the lord

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
"I had so much fibre I shit myself at school"
fuck murphy for sneaking up on me like that I was not ready

Another good episode
I do wish the made Iris more of a bitch. I can understand there being a lot of history between her and Donovan that doesn't have to be shown, but it would have been good to see a bit of why other characters think shes a cunt.

Glad Naomi comes back, we've not seen nearly enough of her character yet. Same goes for Gabriel (Max Greenfield), who I assume that even though he seemed to have died in hospital will also come back to haunt the hotel.

Everything about Angela Basset's character was glorious. Just magnificent.

Taruranto

Ryan Murphy managed to write a different type of character for Evan Peters, so of course Finn Wittrock is doing Dandy 2.0.

Do vampire possess the powers to make every penis erect in this universe, or is it just a lady Gaga thing?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
There any good theories about who the murderer is/how they're connected to the Hotel yet?
I know its only episode three and not much has been shown but no doubt there will be a few out there

Arcipello

did this drawing yesterday of the vamp queen herself :)

still not sure if i like this season or not but hopefully it grows on me

tumblr_nwl5gvdPt91uukgjbo1_1280.jpg

Matt_

did this drawing yesterday of the vamp queen herself :)

still not sure if i like this season or not but hopefully it grows on me

tumblr_nwl5gvdPt91uukgjbo1_1280.jpg

wow this is great
I demand more! Of all the characters! In every episode!

Top Bottom