• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

I have a phone standup scrum meeting with my team at 2. It will be interesting...holding back any reactions over the phone.

Haha I straight rejected a meeting request and said schedule it for earlier today or for tomorrow. I can't make it otherwise.

xbhaskarx

10514690_740021636077535_1005351415677381634_n.png

I think we'll be fine as long as Mick Jagger doesn't publicly support the US...

Dartastic

NoRéN;119111714 said:
best of luck.

I have a phone standup scrum meeting with my team at 2. It will be interesting...holding back any reactions over the phone.
Yep. Well. I'm peacing out now. MLS Matchday sent me a lineup and I "noped" the fuck out of there and deleted the app. I thought I turned off notifications, but I guess not. Not taking any chances. See you on the other side.

NoRéN

FUCK man, we've lost one of our players. Yedlin's been good, but I think they're gonna figure him out pretty quick.

This damn world cup!

WTF happened? We looked so good to start. Attacking and fluid. 10 minutes in and bunker down and dempsey ends up by himself up top.

I saw Jones say something to bradley a couple of times. I can only imagine it was to move up and help Dempsey out?

USMNT, take my left hamstring please. It's fairly fit and 100% healthy.

Bradley has been good. Yedlin has been great but I'd rather have him playing wing and Cameron back line. As long as he gets help it's okay his speed will make up for a lot of his negatives.

Feeling more confident at halftime than at kickoff.

ZZMitch

Will be nice to see Julian Green out there. Belgium is just too good. I don't feel nervous anymore for the first time in a couple weeks, which is a nice feeling I guess.

NoRéN

The Disappearing Dempsey act was not his fault this game.

Belgium outclassed USA in the first half of extra time and made us pay.

Why didn't Klinnsman use Green as a sub before?

All the people calling for benching Bradley kind of had a point.

Wondo over Donovan? lol klinnsman. Thanks for the miss, Wondo. What could have been.

Donovan would have ensured Dempsey wasn't left alone up top. Yeah, I said it!

Nesotenso

Belgium was the better squad by a far margin. We just woke the fuck up the last 15 minutes. Lots of faces who will not make another cycle. Now just hope that the future talent does better.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NoRéN;119149727 said:
The Disappearing Dempsey act was not his fault this game.

Belgium outclassed USA in the first half of extra time and made us pay.

Why didn't Klinnsman use Green as a sub before?

All the people calling for benching Bradley kind of had a point.

Wondo over Donovan? lol klinnsman. Thanks for the miss, Wondo. What could have been.

Donovan would have ensured Dempsey wasn't left alone up top. Yeah, I said it!

Green doesn't score that with Bradley's pass. Other than that I agree, Donovan would probably have put that one Wondo missed away. I think without that Altidore injury we do better, but there's no point now.

All that said, Green and Yedlin are going to be monsters in four years.

Pre

Well, time to start looking at talent for the next cycle. Call Harrison Shipp into the next Camp Cupcake. That dude has a USMNT future.

NoRéN

Green doesn't score that with Bradley's pass. Other than that I agree, Donovan would probably have put that one Wondo missed away. I think without that Altidore injury we do better, but there's no point now.

All that said, Green and Yedlin are going to be monsters in four years.
Definitely. But why did it take Bradley 360 minutes before he finally woke up? Had he been playing like that all tournament, top of the table.

I can't believe Wondo got the opportunity of a like in being called up for the World Cup at age 31 and blew his chance to etch his name in history.

I am so envious of Seattle right now. Yedlin is an incredible player . He came on with such confidence and backed it up.

Also very happy to see Gonzalez step up and play well. Finally playing like one of our designated players.

Fucking Wondo!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did Clint say this was his last? I'm sure he has one more in him.

He's 30 right now, he's done. We have replacements waiting in the wings though. Altidore will still be here and even better, Johannson will grow a lot in 4 years, and there's even more. We're going to be ok for forwards.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
That's twice this year where I've rooted for a team which has an amazing goalkeeper, only for his dreams to be crushed at the end.

Yes, I do realize that Clydefrog is reading this and is smiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom