• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZMitch

Impressive attendence stats for SKC. Before I started following the league I would not have thought of them as a soccer town like Seattle or Portland.

Osorio

Impressive attendence stats for SKC. Before I started following the league I would not have thought of them as a soccer town like Seattle or Portland.
They've been a soccer town for a few years. Their attendance in the past was atrocious

Probably has more to do with the Fire than the offer itself. Who knows? If I were a player I wouldn't want to come here either. Atmosphere is toxic between owner, club, and fans.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
What's wrong with Jones wanting a better deal? He should at least expect a salary offer that is a little closer to the money that Bradley gets, except on a 1 or 2 year deal. Jones was the best CM for the US during the World Cup.

This makes the whiff on Beasley hurt even more. I guess you can't call it a whiff since we didn't even try signing him.

This shit is depressing.

ZZMitch

Looks like Gonzalez and Keane are bailing out on the All-star game... Wonder if that means Dwyer will get in? He deserves it.

Osorio

This makes the whiff on Beasley hurt even more. I guess you can't call it a whiff since we didn't even try signing him.

This shit is depressing.

Y'all need another

estadounidense+chicago+fire+cuahtemoc+blanco+11kd.jpg

- Jeff Carlise: Stuart Holden's long road back

All-Star roster changes:

- Maurice Edu, Bobby Boswell and Sean Franklin replace Sounders, Galaxy trio on MLS roster
On Saturday morning, MLS announced Porter had selected Philadelphia Union midfielder Maurice Edu and D.C. United defenders Bobby Boswell and Sean Franklin as replacements for Seattle Sounders defender Chad Marshall, LA Galaxy forward Robbie Keane and defender Omar Gonzalez for Wednesday’s 2014 AT&T MLS All-Star Game against Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich (9:30 pm ET on ESPN2, UniMas, TSN, RDS).

Osorio

My 30 day sobriety challenge ended yesterday, just in time for this game.

Need 3 points today BAD

This is what I'm trying to see

Robles
Duvall-Sekagya-Miazga-Miller
Dax
Sam Peguy Oyongo
Henry
BWP

What we'll probably see

Robles
Duvall-Sekagya-Armando-Cahill-Miller
Henry-Dax
Sam Tons of Revs players Alexander
BWP

Dartastic

Hey, I've been doing that as well. I took a one day break to go see Beyonce and Jay-Z in Seattle, and the day I started doing the challenge was the day after the Seattle game. It's surprisingly easy after the first week or so, isn't it? Good for you.

We need the 3 points badly as well. Our team has been coming into form as of late, so I'm really hoping that we don't drop 3 points against the Galaxy. We can't be letting any teams ahead of us start pulling away.

Edit - Nagbe is officially unable to play today. Fuck. I'm so sick of the hacking Nagbe strategy. It's so dangerous. MLS really needs to start doing something to protect players who are getting hacked so badly... he's the most fouled player in MLS by a large margin. https://twitter.com/TimbersFC/status/495632479907500034

Osorio

Hey, I've been doing that as well. I took a one day break to go see Beyonce and Jay-Z in Seattle, and the day I started doing the challenge was the day after the Seattle game. It's surprisingly easy after the first week or so, isn't it? Good for you.

On day 3 I was at a friend's place just hanging out when it turned into a party with like liters of whiskey and cases of beer everywhere. I just sat there drinking like 40 cups of water while I felt my liver personify and tap against my stomach begging for a drink. After that it was a breeze!

CobbFC09

Wish these games would start on time. MLSsoccer.com says 2:30 PM ET kickoff for the Galaxy/Timbers, but I'm guessing that's just when coverage begins as they just got done interviewing Landon Donovan a few minutes ago.

Dartastic

That goal was 100% Kalif. Didn't track back to defend, and LA has been whipping it in all game. You have to cut out those crosses, especially if you're trying to sit back.

xbhaskarx

Not surprised by Zardes improving but who could have guessed Robbie Rogers would do so well at left back... if he keeps it up he should make the January camp roster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Great movement by both Donovan and Keane...

How many assists does Donovan need to pass Ralston's 135?

He's at 123 assists right now, going by past performance he's going to break that record next season. I don't think that number is counting today though, so make it 124. So 11 more from a guy who averages between 6 and 10 a season.

CobbFC09

Any word on how long Jermain Defoe is out? He's not starting tonight against the Impact and was ruled out of the upcoming All-Star game on Wednesday.

Nice early goal for Gilberto to put Toronto ahead. This Montreal team doesn't seem remotely interested.

xbhaskarx

Man U vs Real Madrid on Fox... Ronaldo subs in, Chicharito makes it 3-1... not sure they've announced the attendance yet in Michigan but it's probably the highest ever for a soccer game in the US.

Edit: 109,318

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Need 3 points today BAD

This is what I'm trying to see

Robles
Duvall-Sekagya-Miazga-Miller
Dax
Sam Peguy Oyongo
Henry
BWP

What we'll probably see

Robles
Duvall-Sekagya-Armando-Cahill-Miller
Henry-Dax
Sam Tons of Revs players Alexander
BWP

You were pretty close, replace Peguy with Cahill and you predicted the line up.

Revs lineup vs. NY:

Same as Wednesday except for Neumann in for Fagundez

also:

Revolution to offer New York away game ticket in special 2015 Fort Season Ticket Packages

The New England Revolution and New York Red Bulls have launched a ground-breaking season ticketing program for fans who purchase season tickets in teams’ supporters sections.

The Revolution’s 2015 Fort Season Ticket Package will include a ticket to every regular-season Revolution match at Gillette Stadium, as well as a ticket and bus transportation to the Revs’ away match against the Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena. New York will provide the same benefits to their fans, including a ticket to the Red Bulls’ match against the Revs at Gillette Stadium in their own special season ticket program.

This is believed to be the first season ticket package in professional sports to include a ticket to an away game, plus transportation.

“Supporters traveling to away games is such an important part of soccer culture and we believe this is an innovative approach for our club to help our supporters organize and deliver a great road experience for a large number of our fans,” Revolution president Brian Bilello said.

“This partnership with the Red Bulls to formalize a traveling group of supporters for our matches is a key step in nurturing and growing that experience. The Revolution has always had tremendous fan support on the road against the Red Bulls, and we’re looking forward to seeing even more fans involved – by proving tickets and helping them get to the game and back as a group – next year when we go to Red Bull Arena.”

Revolution fans who purchase the 2015 Fort Season Ticket Package – with seats in sections 141, 142 or 143 - will receive an 18-game ticket package for matches at Gillette Stadium, as well as one game ticket and round-trip bus transportation to the Revolution’s match against the Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena next season.

There will only be 750 of the Revolution’s special Fort Season Ticket Packages. Each package will cost $243 and also includes free designated parking, exclusive season ticket holder events with Revs players and coaches and insider access to Gillette Stadium concerts and international soccer events.

yo damn

daoster

Man U vs Real Madrid on Fox... Ronaldo subs in, Chicharito makes it 3-1... not sure they've announced the attendance yet in Michigan but it's probably the highest ever for a soccer game in the US.

Edit: 109,318

Hope FIFA were watching. A meaningless friendly bought in the largest Soccer crowd in US history. Imagine what 64 MEANINGFUL games will bring??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom