• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Someone in here gonna make a topic for the game?

I would, but my OP would just be this picture:

KY06pMO.png

- Grant Wahl from Portland: MLS Notes: Mix Diskerud-to-Crew hits snag, Chivas USA sale coming, more

EDIT:
Columbus thought it had a handshake deal on terms with U.S. international Mix Diskerud, only for his father/agent, Paal, to demand more money at the last second, according to multiple sources. As of Wednesday, the MLS summer transfer deadline, the two sides were still trying to work out a deal but had yet to reach one. A similar situation happened in early 2013 when Diskerud nearly joined Portland, only for talks to break down late in the game.

Diskerud’s contract with Rosenborg runs through the end of 2014. Columbus sits atop the MLS Allocation Order, which is used to distribute U.S. internationals that sign with the league (provided their cost doesn't meet the undisclosed MLS-determined threshold to skip the mechanism).

xbhaskarx

Hershey teen Christian Pulisic heading for German soccer club Borussia Dortmund ... as soon as all the paperwork is completed

Once Pulisic settles in at Dortmund and begins what he hopes is a climb to the first team — he's expected to begin playing with the U-17s, then move through the U-19 and U-21s to get to Dortmund's first team — one of his best friends from the Residency Program, Haji Wright, will be going through a similar transition just a 15- or 20-minute drive away at F.C. Schalke.

So having his father alongside and a close friend nearby can only help as Pulisic adjusts to the rigors associated with playing professional soccer.

shoplifter

As a side note, Precourt tweeted last night that he was flying to Europe overnight, presumably to try to close the deal with Mix. He posted a picture of a crew hat (hinting at Mix's hat hobby.)

The question is when his dad/agent pulled the more money stunt, before of after Precourt decided to go.

shoplifter

If SK is going to LA, that means that one of the following happened:

1) Columbus moved its allocation spot
2) Columbus passed on SK (highly doubtful unless they were closing the deal with Diskerud)
3) Columbus used it's spot
4) SK somehow meets the Calvinball rule

Osorio

If SK is going to LA, that means that one of the following happened:

1) Columbus moved its allocation spot
2) Columbus passed on SK (highly doubtful unless they were closing the deal with Diskerud)
3) Columbus used it's spot
4) SK somehow meets the Calvinball rule
I'd guess #2

Askani

Aaaaand there's your press conference for the Klejstan announcement:

Adam Serrano ‏@LAGalaxyInsider 11m
The @LAGalaxy announce that they'll be holding a press conference tomorrow at 2 p.m. at @StubHubCenter. #MLS​

Meier

Dom Dwyer rumor time.

"Sky sources understand that Brentford are lining up a move for Sporting Kansas City striker Dom Dwyer."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...id-for-sporting-kansas-city-striker-dom-dwyer

They were promoted up to the Championship last season.

Man, that'd be a pretty shitty transfer for him to be honest. They honestly probably can't pay him much more than SKC could, they can't pay much in general to get him (the transfer fee would be like $1m or so at most) and they're more often than not a pretty mid tier League One team so I wouldn't be shocked to see them go back down immediately. He should hold out for a better offer. SKC should too.

xbhaskarx

Goal: Just as always, Clint Dempsey pushes for more

“I think back to when I was riding around in a 1989 Ford Probe with no radio, having to put like 50 cents or a dollar of gas then, and you couldn’t say that was too bad then because at least you had that," Dempsey said in an exclusive interview with Goal USA. “But I remember having my brother trying to pop the clutch so we could get the car started. I remember going over to one of my best friends' house and sleeping on floors. I remember eating Ramen noodles and Spam.

“The George Foreman grill was my best friend (as a rookie with the New England Revolution),” added Dempsey, who was doing promotional work for Oberto All Natural Jerky as part of his All-Star duties. “I was lucky that I got to stay with a host family. It would have been difficult to survive in Massachusetts, especially near Boston, where rent is very expensive. I got to live with a host family for a year. That really helped me get settled, to figure out making sure you could get your credit good enough so you could even rent an apartment. I remember those days like they were yesterday.”

The All-Star broadcast is about to start on ESPN2.

#FCBayern Line-up: Starke - Rafinha, Bernat, Alaba (C), Martínez, Shaqiri, Rode, Gaudino, Hojbjerg, Lewandowski, Pizarro.
Bayern bench: Neuer, Dante, Boateng, Lahm, Badstuber, Ribéry, Robben, Götze, Müller, Schweinsteiger, Zingerle, Sallahi, Walter, Contento, Oikonomou, Green, Scholl, Eberwein.

MLS: Rimando; Yedlin, Collin, Besler, Parkhurst; Zusi, Cahill, Bradley, Henry; Dempsey; Martins.
Subs vs. @FCBayernEN: Dwyer, Torres, Ridgewell, Franklin, Alonso, Wright-Phillips, Hamid, Boswell, Johnson, Valeri, Donovan, Edu #MLSAllStar

Also, the US U23s are playing the Bahamas right now. US up 2-1 in the 2nd half.

#USMNT U23 v. Bahamas: Cropper; Ocegueda, Cochran, Packwood, Sorto, Metzger, Joya, Gil, Koroma, Hernandez, Morris.

Nesotenso

What in the world is going on with Juan Agudelo? Doesn't look like Bundesliga is happening. Is he going back to the Eredivisie? Shouldn't all this be resolved by now?

What in the world is going on with Juan Agudelo? Doesn't look like Bundesliga is happening. Is he going back to the Eredivisie? Shouldn't all this be resolved by now?
I'm not sure. There's still plenty of time in the transfer window, but he's a free agent and it doesn't bode well if he misses most of preseason.

shoplifter

Columbus was linked to Agudelo too yesterday. Not sure if there's anything to that or not, but depending on how the Diskerud thing goes it could be possible to sign both of them. (Unlikely)

Nice goal. I remember watching a video were the guy pretended to be the guy who scored to pick up chicks. I do not know, i just find it funny. I wonder what it must feel to play in this turf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom