• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoplifter

League still had to broker the deal as the league holds the registrations and certificates.

They're probably pissed about all the resources and time wasted presumably flying to Norway today to do a deal that got torpedoed by dad at the last minute.

shoplifter

Seeing Pep's meltdown was the greatest thing I've seen in months. If this is how future ASG are going to go down, I've officially changed my mind about them taking place.

Nesotenso

probably mad that a gentleman's agreement about rash challenges wasn't followed by all the players. Still don't see how you can blame the entire thing on Porter and act like a dick at the end.

Askani

2IQdZoE.jpg

Well that ends the debate.

Landon Donovan would have allowed the US to beat Germany, putting US 1st in the group, on an easy path to the semis.

Fire the german coach.

Afrikan

At first I felt Pep looked like a poor sport doing that shit...buuut

Porter made the mistake of not meeting Pep half way the first time he was trying to get his attention...but decided to sit and put is hands out like "what?"

Porter should've pulled Alonso as soon as that tackle happened....it would've sent a sign to the other players to calm down a bit on late tackles...and would've sent a sign to Pep that he acknowledges that tackle shouldn't have happened....

Add that with the tackle to Schawnstaga...and i understand Pep's anger...

NoRéN

I can't believe Donovan scored. Heck, I can't believe he got the call up over mls all star and World Cup hero wondolowski.

Well, it's not like Donovan would have made a difference in any game at any point in Brazil. :p

At first I felt Pep looked like a poor sport doing that shit...buuut

Porter made the mistake of not meeting Pep half way the first time he was trying to get his attention...but decided to sit and put is hands out like "what?"

Porter should've pulled Alonso as soon as that tackle happened....it would've sent a sign to the other players to calm down a bit on late tackles...and would've sent a sign to Pep that he acknowledges that tackle shouldn't have happened....

Add that with the tackle to Schawnstaga...and i understand Pep's anger...

You still shake hands no matter what. you don't be a poor sport about it.

Guardiola: "Si no le di la mano al cuerpo técnico de las Estrellas de la MLS, fue porque no los vi". #MLSAllStar

lol

HAHAHAHA. That's gold. Pep the comedy genius

EDIT: looks like the players were fine. Exchanged shirts, met the fans who came out and all that.

#ThanksPep -__-

Dartastic

I managed to get my way into a party that you need a VIP badge for. Open bar and food. I'm on a month long break from booze. It ends Sunday. Damnit. Haha.

Overheard that the diskerud deal broke at the last minute.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I managed to get my way into a party that you need a VIP badge for. Open bar and food. I'm on a month long break from booze. It ends Sunday. Damnit. Haha.

Just have fun, you don't get to get in those kind of parties every day.

NoRéN;124304294 said:
I can't believe Donovan scored. Heck, I can't believe he got the call up over mls all star and World Cup hero wondolowski.

Well, it's not like Donovan would have made a difference in any game at any point in Brazil. :p

Honestly, my big WC complaint isn't so much a lack of Donovan but a lack of an attacking midfield. We didn't have anyone making that third or fourth run into the box, those "let's just make this run to be sure we score" runs. Going forward I hope Klinsmann noticed that and will throw some more attackers in the midfield. We could have beaten Portugal and tied Germany with an extra attacking run.

Esch

Banned
I actually enjoyed that friendly a lot except for that business at the end. Was the most entertaining MLS one i've seen this season along with Spurs-Sounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom