• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very worried about the BMO Field expansion. They can't even fill the stadium this season (maybe tickets sold but definitely not people in seats) and that was with $100 million of very high profile player signings. I find that lots of empty seats can create a negative buzz which then leads to even less people going.
Maple Leaf Sports should be careful. The fanbase is still angry after the last 7 years of bullshit and ready to walk away and if TFC fail to make the playoffs again this season, then that seat expansion is gonna look really fucking bad next year.

Yeah, I've been noticing the seats aren't exactly packed even on weekend games, like last week's against the Revs.

Hopefully a new coach and the expansion will be opportunies properly utilized to get the franchise in better shape.

USMNT headed to the stadium. Lineup should be available soon.

8oFEsnl.jpg

San Jose will get a big bump with the new stadium in 2015 from about 10,500 to 18,000.
Honestly, between that and the Chivas rebrand, overall attendance could've been poised to decently exceed its 2012 high without NYC and Orlando even entering the picture.

Unless the rebrand is a total cockup, I can't imagine the club formerly known as Chivas USA not getting more butts in the seats.

The NBC Sports broadcast is underway on Live Extra and TV. Kickoff should theoretically be in about 15 minutes.

There's not much defense in this lineup, so we could see a wild game. I'm surprised that Morales isn't out there at d-mid.

It's a bit ragged so far (which is expected when you're playing so many young guys who have no real experience playing together), but I like the energy I'm seeing so far.

Guys are being proactive, closing down and putting pressure on their midfielders, and trying to make runs forward.

Esch

Banned
Game is very physical, nice.

It's cool to see that, because I felt like we were bossed around a bit in the Germany and Belgium games

gutshot

I like Mix in the attack, but he looks a bit erratic in defense. Don't think he will be replacing Bradley any time soon.

Gyau looking good on the ball so far and he's fast, but his passing is a little rough.

US keeps on getting countered - might need a d-mid at some point. Seems to be a lot of overlap between what Corona, Bedoya, and Mixx are trying to do.

I like the attempts at playing out of the back by the US.

Meier

Somewhat strange how defensive we were there in the final 5 mins or so. Really had a good opportunity to press for another goal and were happy to move backwards frequently. A shame Altidore did not see Johnson's run up the wing as he was completely unmarked.

xbhaskarx

We were inconsistent but that's to be expected given our roster. I thought the Czechs were supposed to destroy us? We have a bunch of undersized guys and newbies and no DM and they still didn't do all that much. This is their A team? No wonder they didn't make the World Cup.

Gyau is fun to watch even though his passing could have been better at times.
I feel like Jozy hasn't done much, but will Klinsmann take him out when he just gave him the captain's armband?

I'd like to see Morales, Hyndman, and Rubin...

Meier

Jozy has to look to shoot there. He's reverted into his pass first mentality that he had right up until the two goals in the send-off game.

Esch

Banned
Corona gives up the ball a little too easily for my taste. Decent score attempt by Bedoya, just needed a little more mustard on it.

NH Apache

Banned
Corona gives up the ball a little too easily for my taste. Decent score attempt by Bedoya, just needed a little more mustard on it.

It had mustard, but Czech barely had to move. Granted, he is a great keeper as well.

Green wants a goal bad. He has the mentality Josey should have.

Fabian is beast. BEAST.

Chandler still looking uncomfortable about there on the left side. They aren't attacking that side much, which helps him hide a bit.

Meier

Panic stations as of late. The US has 1 more sub, yeah? Would be nice to see Hyndman but we'll probably see Wood or Rubio IMO.

Edit: Hah! Hyndman it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom