• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Bad second half but can't complain too much about taking home a W. Some of our players looked great or promising. Some don't really look worth the time at all. But I'm excited that we seem to be bringing in a modicum of squad depth, which is important in tournaments.

Next game is US-Ecuador (Donovan farewell) in Hartford on October 10th. After that they'll play Honduras down in Florida on the 14th.

xbhaskarx

Shea is a shell of his former self... not really surprising given how little he's played in the last year.

The result may not matter but it's a good confidence boost for the kids to get out of there with a win...

Nesotenso

NoRéN;128324375 said:
Damn, Shea is overrated.

didn't get to see the game, but at the moment he is not rated by anyone. Certainly not by clubs in Europe. He needs to improve a lot and is stuck there with no one wanting him. Needs to get back to MLS in January.

xbhaskarx

U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team head coach Richie Williams has invited 29 players to the 2014 Fall Semester of the U.S. U-17 Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida.

GOALKEEPERS (3): Eric Lopez (LA Galaxy Academy; Westminster, Calif.), William Pulisic (Richmond United; Mechanicsville, Va.), Kevin Silva (Players Development Academy; Bethlehem, Pa.)

DEFENDERS (9): Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls Academy; Wappingers Falls, N.Y.), Hugo Arellano (LA Galaxy Academy; Norwalk, Calif.), Nikkye De Point (Empire Revolution; Rochester, N.Y.), Tanner Dieterich (Real Salt Lake AZ; Nashville, Tenn.), John Nelson (Internationals; Medina, Ohio), Matthew Olosunde (New York Red Bulls Academy; Trenton, N.J.), Logan Panchot (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri; St. Louis, Mo.), Miles Stray (Real Salt Lake AZ; Point Reyes, Calif.), Alexis Velela (San Diego Surf; San Diego, Calif.)

MIDFIELDERS (8): George Braima (Crew Soccer Academy; Columbus, Ohio), Eric Calvillo (Real So Cal; Palmdale, Calif.), Keegan Kelly (Baltimore Celtic; Baltimore, Md.), Thomas McCabe (Players Development Academy; South Orange, N.J.), Weston McKennie (FC Dallas Academy; Little Elm, Texas), Luka Prpa (Chicago Magic PSG; Wind Lake, Wis.), Brian Zelaya (De Anza Force; San Mateo, Calif.), Alejandro Zendejas (FC Dallas Academy; El Paso, Texas)

FORWARDS (9): Pierre Da Silva (New York Soccer Club; Port Chester, N.Y.), Lucas Del Rosario (Capital Area RailHawks – CASL; Durham, N.C.), Ronaldo Escudero (Pateadores; Placentia, Calif.), McKinze Gaines (Lonestar SC; Austin, Texas), Joe Gallardo (Monterrey; San Diego, Calif.), Lagos Kunga (DDYSC 98 Wolves Elite; Atlanta, Ga.), Eric Matzelevich (Bethesda-Olney; Washington, D.C.), Elijah Rice (Chicago Magic PSG; Highland Park, Ill.), Nick Taitague (Richmond United; Midlothian, Va.)

Aside from Gallardo (who recently broke his leg), Taitague, and a few others, lots of names I know nothing about, but it's interesting to see where they're coming from:

8 CA
5 NY/NJ
4 VA/DC/MD
3 TX
2 OH
1 PA, Tenn, MO, Wis, NC, GA, Ill
0 FL, Pacific North-West, New England, Mountain Time Zone

- Brian Straus for SI: For U.S. youngsters, win vs. Czechs about ideology, not victory

Plus, signed balls for the first caps. Hyndman looks like he's 14 years old.

oHXyagb.jpg

Askani

The wheels have officially come off.

Zusi has been flat but at least he was mad this game. That's something. Olum is looking terrible, Claros looks average, Sapong is still basically useless, Bieler still a nonfactor, Igor plays too wild, no offensive creativity at all...I could go on. Almost all the positions on the field look off. We have no gel at all.

Nesotenso

Zusi has been flat but at least he was mad this game. That's something. Olum is looking terrible, Claros looks average, Sapong is still basically useless, Bieler still a nonfactor, Igor plays too wild, no offensive creativity at all...I could go on. Almost all the positions on the field look off. We have no gel at all.

I don't like seeing some of the guys in a SKC shirt. I know every team in the league has really poor talent because the standard of the league has some ways to go, but I get to see the SKC guys every week and that makes me mad.

Sapong has got to be one of the poorest forwards in the league in terms of skill and production. Some of our additions are just lackluster. Olum was never a good soccer player but one of those roster fillers I talked about. Bieler has been run into the ground by Vermes.

NoRéN

The hell happened to KC?

And, yeah. Someone needs to convince Shea that coming back to MLS is in his best interest. He needs to get some play time or risk becoming another what if that shocks everyone when he's included in USMNT lineups.

I saw a couple comments online this evening noting that most of the players that were heavily involved with the World Cup squad are hitting the wall right now. Not sure if Besler and Zusi are out of gas at this point, and how much that might have to do with it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I saw a couple comments online this evening noting that most of the players that were heavily involved with the World Cup squad are hitting the wall right now. Not sure if Besler and Zusi are out of gas at this point, and how much that might have to do with it.

That wouldn't be surprising at all. It seems like everyone involved in the World Cup isn't playing as well as they usually would. Looks like LA's gonna run away with it this year.

Meier

I added Zusi to my team this weak and captained him. 2 points. As a captain. Hopefully he balls out in the next match.

Osorio

Not sure if anyone cares about copa centroamerica but the winner gets a berth to the 2016 copa America and the top 4 get gold cup spots

Costa rica beat Nicaragua 3-0
Guatemala beating El Salvador 1-0 right now off a Marco pappa goal :(

NoRéN

Yeah I wouldn't feel like a professional in front of that crowd

Dude, going to a Chivas USA game can be a very sad experience.

I have an aunt that would get tickets to chivas usa through her work and she would offer me some. I occasionally took her up on the offer and I kid you not she would give me at least a dozen tickets. She would always say, "If you need more, let me know".

Osorio

NoRéN;128378552 said:
Dude, going to a Chivas USA game can be a very sad experience.

I have an aunt that would get tickets to chivas usa through her work and she would offer me some. I occasionally took her up on the offer and I kid you not she would give me at least a dozen tickets. She would always say, "If you need more, let me know".

I bet. The fact that they tarped over a soccer-specific stadium says everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom