• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osorio

Yeah I assumed Houston or KC was going to move for next season.

Does this make the east easier? only time will tell.

You get rid of KC, one of the best teams in a weaker conference, take out Houston, who might have a resurgence (probably not but whatever), and add two expansion teams.

TFC must be licking their lips

You get rid of KC, one of the best teams in a weaker conference, take out Houston, who might have a resurgence (probably not but whatever), and add two expansion teams.

TFC must be licking their lips

And now that you've mentioned it, watch NYCFC and Orlando City fight for the Supporter's Shield next year.

xbhaskarx

I think DC United has to be in on that (unlike say Minnesota United)... too bad it's taken because New York Liberty would be a great name for a soccer team, the crest pretty much designs itself.

Esch

Banned
Wow, really nice run there from Martins. Sounders really rallying at the end of the half here.

Dom Dwyer has the Sporting KC score record!

RBH

MLS Atlanta isn’t in the market for players yet, but they just made a big acquisition.

The league’s 22nd franchise announced on Wednesday that they signed Tottenham executive director Darren Eales to become the club’s first president — another move that demonstrates owner Arthur Blank’s ambition to succeed in MLS.

“We couldn’t be happier with Darren’s decision to join us as president of MLS Atlanta,” Blank said in a statement. “He brings a unique depth of experience to our organization, having played in the U.S. professionally and given his dealings with MLS as a club executive and legal counsel in the Premier League. His credentials speak for themselves; he knows how to lead a first-class organization and build a winning team.”

The British-born Eales has previously lived in the United States to play college soccer at West Virginia University and Brown University, and will move to the Atlanta area in early 2015 following a transition period with Tottenham.

“Soccer is a lifetime passion of mine, and to have the chance to come to Atlanta and build a club from the ground up is extremely exciting,” Eales said. “I’m going to have the rare experience of getting to know the fans from the outset, and I’m eager to engage them in the process, from naming the team to creating an incredible atmosphere at our matches.”

Tottenham qualified for European competition every year since Eales joined the club from West Bromwich Albion in 2010. While with Spurs, Eales has been involved in several notable transfers — Gareth Bale to Real Madrid comes to mind — but he also has experience working with MLS, helping to negotiate the transfers of Clint Dempsey, Robbie Keane, and Jermain Defoe.
http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/09/atlanta-president-centroamericana.html

Hyndman back starting for Fulham this morning. Howard and presumably Guzan with their usual starts, too.

EDIT:
Brooks starting for Hertha Berlin.

This is neat

@NSCPressVerified account
‏@NSCPress
Just delivered @SamuelAdamsBeer to @BelgiumintheUSA to make good on the President's #WorldCup bet w/@eliodirupo.
BxXIyueIgAAczCj.jpg:medium

BxW_x98IQAAnRyg.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/NSCPress/status/510534908121722880/photo/1

Yeah this is going to be an ugly and entertaining game.

the pitch is supposed to drain into the delaware river that's right next to the stadium but apparently the river is at high tide and above the drain, so the water has no where to go.

Starting XI: Shuttleworth; Barnes, Goncalves (c), Soares, Farrell; Jones; Rowe, Nguyen, Kobayashi, Bunbury; Davies #NERevs #NEvMTL

Tonight's bench: Knighton, Neumann, Castillion, Caldwell, Fagundez, Tierney, Alston #NERevs #NEvMTL

Castillion will probably debut tonight.

Also thanks for equalizing Philly!

Sooooo... Does it speak to the level of the Eastern Conference where the Revs can go on an eight game losing streak and still end up in third place?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sooooo... Does it speak to the level of the Eastern Conference where the Revs can go on an eight game losing streak and still end up in third place?

Little bit, yea. Could be just a bad year for the East though. No idea what happened to NY between this year and last year though, we went from the Supporter's Shield to fighting for our playoff lives.

ZZMitch

Poor Guatemala. Carlos Ruiz had a nice bicycle, too bad it was offsides. His pk was really funny. It would be nice if he would come back to the LA Galaxy to retire.

zroid

Banned
Why was the goal disallowed? I only saw the game highlights but it looked good to me. Bradley was pissed after the match. Can he get suspended for accusing the refs of bias like that?

Good to hear that Green is starting. In other yanks abroad action, Rubin went a full 90 this morning as did Wooten. Garza and Corona played last night for Xolos.

Why was the goal disallowed? I only saw the game highlights but it looked good to me. Bradley was pissed after the match. Can he get suspended for accusing the refs of bias like that?

I just watched it like three more times. That ref must have had money on the game. In what universe is that a fucking foul? Unreal.
At least we know how committed Bradley is to TFC. It looked like he wanted to kill that ref. lol

Dartastic

What the hell happened with the last goal in the TFC game? Worst Reffing ever. And that says a lot.

I just watched it like three more times. That ref must have had money on the game. In what universe is that a fucking foul? Unreal.
At least we know how committed Bradley is to TFC. It looked like he wanted to kill that ref. lol
Great video of Bradley after the match. http://www.torontofc.ca/video/2014/09/14/michael-bradley-september-13-2014

Portland got screwed yesterday by the refs too, giving Colorado a PK for what clearly was not a handball. MLS refs are shit. They need to be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom