• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
38NIbMd.jpg

Gillette tonight

Osorio

I hear Henry is out today? Someone put that up on Metrofanatic but no source

I'm feeling a draw today, and Columbus getting it done versus Philly

Cystm

Pregame:

ECS March to match vs Galaxy Timelapse

mjlol.png

Game Highlights:

LA Galaxy 0, Seattle Sounders 2
Saturday, Oct. 25 – 11:30 a.m. PT
MLS Regular Season
CenturyLink Field, Seattle – Wash.

Match Highlights

This match was brutal and a fucking mess the whole first half. The second half was better and some actual football was had.

One of the most brutal parts of the first half: https://vine.co/v/OhPV0vDLzAe
iXRkhK4pV1zRh.png

Look at this shit lol
Misconduct Summary:

SEA – Clint Dempsey (caution) 15’

LA – Dan Gargan (caution) 22’

LA – Landon Donovan (caution) 38’

SEA – Zach Scott (caution) 51’

LA – Marcelo Sarvas (caution) 71’

SEA – Gonzalo Pineda (caution) 71’

Scoring Summary:

SEA – Marco Pappa 85’ (Assisted by Obafemi Martins, Clint Dempsey)

SEA – Marco Pappa 90’+5’ (Unassisted)
That goal will haunt Jaime Penedo for the rest of his life.

ib1c3oaniIoPG9.jpg

Postgame
:

Seattle Interviews -
Clint Dempsey
Sigi Schmid
Marco Pappa

LA Interviews -

Bruce Arena, Landon Donovan and Galaxy players rue missed chances, remain confident with team’s performance.

iFAUR4RDkQgan.jpg

xbhaskarx

With the order of the eastern 3-5 seeds still up in the air I'm guessing those teams are all trying to figure out how they can avoid New England and Columbus, and hopefully meet up with KC.

San Jose better not win today, that would push them down two spots in both the superdraft and potential Chivas dispersal draft...

San Jose better not win today, that would push them down two spots in both the superdraft and potential Chivas dispersal draft...
Looks like a full strength lineup (well, full strength by Quakes standards) and they're all playing for their jobs, so I imagine they'll put up a fight today. :/

Starting XI v @cdchivasusa : Busch, Pintos, Bernardez, Hernandez, Stewart, Cronin, Salinas, Stephenson, Djalo, Harris, Wondo. #Quakes74

I guess this as good a time as any to scout Chivas for potential players. Not sure who has any value beyond Kennedy and Cubo.

The Republic are really hounding MLS:

Sacramento Republic FC will continue their bid for an MLS expansion team next week when team owners, executives and Sacramento mayer Kevin Johnson visit league headquarters in New York City.

[...]A spokesperson for Mayor Johnson told the Sacramento Bee that the trip to meet with league executives is meant "to provide an update on Sacramento's progress, including information on the ownership group, the level of community support and the facility planning."

I've really loved everything about the Republic FC so far, but I feel like the talent scouting/training infrastructure that comes with MLS's presence might be more useful in another region outside of California.

Though I'd be cool if Chivas went on permanent hiatus, in exchange for adding SRFC and another team elsewhere.

xbhaskarx

I guess this as good a time as any to scout Chivas for potential players. Not sure who has any value beyond Kennedy and Cubo.

Of the guys who are playing, not many:

Cubo Torres is obviously the big prize, but will he go through a dispersal draft or will some team buy him as a DP
Leandro Barrera, 23 year old Argentinian midfielder on loan
I think Eric Avila is heading to Mexico
Dan Kennedy isn't getting any younger and isn't the same player he was in 2012
Borja and Minda are a couple of 30+ Ecuadorians I don't know much about
Nigel Reo-Coker if they think he's still got anything in the tank
Marvin Chavez, same
Bobby Burling is familiar to SJ and may be a cheaper bench option than Hernandez

Homegrown Caleb Calvert is on the bench...

After Cubo Torres I'd want three guys who are all currently injured:
19 year old homegrown Marco Delgado (minor knee surgery)
Martin Rivero (he was good with Colorado two years ago but has had injuries)
2014 draft pick Tommy McNamara (torn ACL)

xbhaskarx

Torres could easily have two goals, Borja scores after Torres hits the post from a crazy angle. Barrera looks really good, wonder what the option to buy on his loan is like...

Heretic

Pregame:

ECS March to match vs Galaxy Timelapse

mjlol.png

Game Highlights:

LA Galaxy 0, Seattle Sounders 2
Saturday, Oct. 25 – 11:30 a.m. PT
MLS Regular Season
CenturyLink Field, Seattle – Wash.

Match Highlights

This match was brutal and a fucking mess the whole first half. The second half was better and some actual football was had.

One of the most brutal parts of the first half: https://vine.co/v/OhPV0vDLzAe
iXRkhK4pV1zRh.png

Look at this shit lol
Misconduct Summary:

SEA – Clint Dempsey (caution) 15’

LA – Dan Gargan (caution) 22’

LA – Landon Donovan (caution) 38’

SEA – Zach Scott (caution) 51’

LA – Marcelo Sarvas (caution) 71’

SEA – Gonzalo Pineda (caution) 71’

Scoring Summary:

SEA – Marco Pappa 85’ (Assisted by Obafemi Martins, Clint Dempsey)

SEA – Marco Pappa 90’+5’ (Unassisted)
That goal will haunt Jaime Penedo for the rest of his life.

ib1c3oaniIoPG9.jpg

Postgame
:

Seattle Interviews -
Clint Dempsey
Sigi Schmid
Marco Pappa

LA Interviews -

Bruce Arena, Landon Donovan and Galaxy players rue missed chances, remain confident with team’s performance.

iFAUR4RDkQgan.jpg

He who laughs last laughs best.

Cubo needs to go to the Galaxy to replace Captain America.

Osorio

@FrancoPanizo ·
Some whispers in last few hours about an (Henry?) announcement during tonight's ESPN2 broadcast. Red Bulls have declined to comment.

@FrancoPanizo ·
Nothing concrete to report and there might be no "announcement" at all, but don't be shocked if there's a surprise tonight

To rally the troops I'm guessing

Arials

MLS will keep Torres in the league if they possibly can. I think Reo-Coker could potentially be a very useful signing for someone. Not sure what worth Dan Kennedy would have as anything more than a back up. Then ...teams will have a look at the younger/cheaper players to see if anyone interests them I suppose.

xbhaskarx

Columbus winning means they're third unless KC wins, in which case they'd be third with the more wins tiebreaker.

Bummer that the two hottest teams in the east will almost certainly play each other in the 2-3 game...

Osorio

Columbus winning means they're third unless KC wins, in which case they'd be third with the more wins tiebreaker.

Bummer that the two hottest teams in the east will almost certainly play each other in the 2-3 game...

Exactly what I want.

Hosting the wild card versus SKC then playing DC seems easier than playing New England at the moment.

Osorio

STARTERS: Robles, Eckersley, Olave, Sekagya, Miller, Alexander, McCarty, Sam, Cahill, Oyongo, Wright-Phillips
BENCH: Meara, Perrinelle, Duvall, Lade, Bover, Luyindula, Obekop

Henry stayed home because of an achilles inflammation

Awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
STARTERS: Robles, Eckersley, Olave, Sekagya, Miller, Alexander, McCarty, Sam, Cahill, Oyongo, Wright-Phillips
BENCH: Meara, Perrinelle, Duvall, Lade, Bover, Luyindula, Obekop

Henry stayed home because of an achilles inflammation

Awesome.

Better he's healthy for the playoffs I suppose. Any idea what the shape will look like?

Osorio

Better he's healthy for the playoffs I suppose. Any idea what the shape will look like?

I'm going to guess same 4-2-3-1 we've been using with Cahill taking Peguy's spot behind BWP

Considering Peguy's poor form recently I actually like this change. Much better than using Cahill as a D-Mid

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm going to guess same 4-2-3-1 we've been using with Cahill taking Peguy's spot behind BWP

Considering Peguy's poor form recently I actually like this change. Much better than using Cahill as a D-Mid

Sounds like we're using Cahill in a better role at least. He hasn't been far enough up most of the season. It'll be an interesting game if nothing else.

Here's hoping we can pull out a win to close the season.

EDIT: LOL did Zusi show up in a suit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom