• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qk26qh3.jpg

TFC player and coach interviews today. Interesting tidbit regarding Bradley:
@Ben_Jata said:
Greg Vanney: "I don't see Michael [Bradley] as a playmaker." #TFC

Vanney: "Jurgen feels like [MB] is a player who should be higher up the field but I don't know that Jurgen & Michael see things eye to eye."
@WheelerTSN said:
Klinsmann tells Vanney how he thinks Bradley should play. Vanney listens to Bradley. JK wants MB to play more advanced. MB/GV don't agree.

Interesting reveal: Klinsmann talking to Vanney about how to play Bradley. Vanney suggests MB and JK don't see eye to eye on how he is used.

Vanney and Bradley seem absolutely on the same page. Klinsmann not so much. #USMNT #TFC
I agree with Vanney (and Bradley) on this. Play Bradley deeper rather than shoehorning him in as a #10. Let him do some work on defense, help the defenders play out of the back with combination play, make late runs from deep, and hit long balls - that's what he does well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
TFC player and coach interviews today. Interesting tidbit regarding Bradley:I agree with Vanney (and Bradley) on this. Play Bradley deeper rather than shoehorning him in as a #10. Let him do some work on defense, help the defenders play out of the back with combination play, make late runs from deep, and hit long balls - that's what he does well.

Yup yup. Mixx can fill that attacking roll if Klinsmann doesn't want to bring in someone new.

Nesotenso

TFC player and coach interviews today. Interesting tidbit regarding Bradley:I agree with Vanney (and Bradley) on this. Play Bradley deeper rather than shoehorning him in as a #10. Let him do some work on defense, help the defenders play out of the back with combination play, make late runs from deep, and hit long balls - that's what he does well.

yeah Mixx should be more forward and Bradley should be deeper. Bradley's finishing is woeful and has never really improved. It is time to see the warm up game against Mexico as a one off and forget it.

UncleO

Its totally unacceptable not to have a playoff game on some national tv station. I am not a supporter of either team, but I would still love to see the game.

xbhaskarx

Mauro Diaz is back...

Dallas
Starting XI: Seitz, Loyd, Hedges, Zimmerman, Watson, Castillo, Michel, Ulloa, Diaz, Akindele, Perez

Bench: Gonzalez, Acosta, Hernandez, Benitez, Hollingshead, Escobar, Texeira

Vancouver

Starting XI: Ousted, Sampson, O'Brien, Waston, Harvey, Koffie, Laba, Rosales, Morales, Fernandez, Hurtado

Bench: Tornaghi, Adekugbe, Mattocks, Leveron, Manneh, Mezquida,Teibert

Osorio

Its totally unacceptable not to have a playoff game on some national tv station. I am not a supporter of either team, but I would still love to see the game.

There's no other place to put it except maybe Galavision. I think even Univision Deportes has something on.

Is Klinsmann blind? Bradley is a classic box to box. Even the great ones like Lampard and Seedorf never translated to the trequartista role because there's just a different skillset required.

And why the fuck are we looking for a straight #10 player when everyone is moving away from the rigidity of the 4-2-3-1?

There's a reason why Wesley Sneijder, the most prototypical #10 of all #10s is currently languishing away in Turkey.

ZZMitch

Yeah, super tough call. But I feel like Geiger had to make it because the ball surely would have gone to one of the FC Dallas players that were behind Waston if it had not hit his arm.

Alas.

xbhaskarx

Yeah, super tough call. But I feel like Geiger had to make it because the ball surely would have gone to one of the FC Dallas players that were behind Waston if it had not hit his arm.

Alas.

I see what you're saying but it's not like it was deliberate or his arm was in an unnatural position...

Unlike Adam Johansson two years ago (also a crucial Geiger call in the playoffs):
mls_2012-11-18-224618-1740128.jpg

Cystm

t84IaqN.gif

Geiger was shitting bricks. This league is out of control. Fernandez needs to be suspended for more than a couple of games.

And we need new refs.

Cystm

Whoa, when did this happen? I didn't see that in the game!

After the final Whistle.

VC players felt like their whole season was taken away from one call. I can't say that I blame them, and would like to have seen a better call.

That is easy for me to say though, sitting here in my comfy chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom