• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

American Exports: Rubio Rubin works solid shift in FC Utrecht's 2-2 draw at Excelsior

One league below, Andrew Wooten set up the equalizer and then bagged his fourth game-winning goal of the season 13 minutes from time in a 2-1 Sandhausen win over visiting FC Nürnberg.

Stationed on the right wing for this contest, the 25-year-old helped cancel an early deficit by centering for Alexander Bieler to level the score on 26 minutes. After being denied by the away netminder three times during the game, Wooten finally got revenge in the late going.

Klinsmann has called in so many other players from the 2 Bundesliga I'm not sure why Wooten has been ignored...

xbhaskarx

Nguyen asked them what they thought about pursuing an MLS team. "They were like, ‘Wait a second: First of all, there's no relegation? All right, you got me!'" Nguyen, 41, said with a laugh. They talked more about MLS' single-entity structure, in which all the team owners were partners, just like in the ABL. "And it snowballed from there," Nguyen said.

The expansion fee for LAFC is in excess of $100 million, an MLS record, and the clubs says it will spend at least $150 million on its new stadium.

I hope the actual figure comes out...

Cystm

Away goals need to go. It's a tie game and everyone feels like it's a loss. Even if they come back and win 2-1 they still lose?

Get that shit out of here.

ngower

Jonathan Kraft told 98.5 (local sports radio) that Lee Nguyen was called up by Klinsi for the friendlies on 11/14 and 11/18 in London and Dublin. If we advance, we play NY on 11/23.

Jurgen trolololololol'ing pretty hard.

Jonathan Kraft told 98.5 (local sports radio) that Lee Nguyen was called up by Klinsi for the friendlies on 11/14 and 11/18 in London and Dublin. If we advance, we play NY on 11/23.

Jurgen trolololololol'ing pretty hard.
That's a tough turnaround, but good to see him getting a look.

Per USSoccer, the full roster will be announced Monday morning. I imagine we'll have a few other leaks before then.

Arials

I don't think this has been mentioned in here already; Orlando City are currently in negotiations over 4 overseas players and Adrian Heath has been seen scouting at a Millonarios-Deportivo Cali game in Colombia and a Nottingham Forest-Blackburn Rovers game in England.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Away goals need to go. It's a tie game and everyone feels like it's a loss. Even if they come back and win 2-1 they still lose?

Get that shit out of here.

We scored 3 goals over 2 games, they scored 2. So...tough shit?

ECF bound! Watched the game at Legends with the bus regulars and had an awesome (Translation: nerve-wracking) time. These 2 weeks are going to feel like an eternity.

Osorio

ECF bound! Watched the game at Legends with the bus regulars and had an awesome (Translation: nerve-wracking) time. These 2 weeks are going to feel like an eternity.

Yeah I don't get the bitching. Away goals is moot unless they tied it up in aggregate.

Away goals last year would've gotten us, the #1 seed, into the next round.

Cystm

Lay off the energy drinks bruh.

Edit: it would be more interesting and fun to watch if wins were definitive per game and not "well, we won by two goals one game, so even though we just lost - we still win. "

2 leg aggregate rules are not that fun to watch.

Osorio

Edit: it would be more interesting and fun to watch if wins were definitive per game and not "well, we won by two goals one game, so even though we just lost - we still win. "

The league had a 3 game series and a first to 5 points format earlier in it's history. It might make more sense for us, but I can't see the players clamoring for a return to that format.

SkqKi9s.gif

Sometimes the away goals rule is pretty neat.

ZZMitch

Kind of a random question but what ever happened to that Dutch guy Castillion the Revs signed months ago?

Haven't seen him at all since the one game he played against Montreal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom