• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Hopefully the replica they sell doesn't have the white "color block" at the bottom. The leaked pics on Footy Headlines definitely doesn't have it.

Mully

Cuz of the success of the bus sales we're leaving MSG at 7 A.M.

Ugh

Maybe you guys are making the smarter choice

You're going to find your Red Bulls girl in DC while we watch the game from our shitty apartments. I'm so goddamn jealous.

ngower

Looks like The Fort and surrounding sections already sold out, and according to Ticketmaster seats are somewhat limited, so looks like there could be another big crowd at this weekend's playoff game at Gillette. At least 20,000 I suspect. Maybe 25,000. 30,000 a stretch.

Osorio

Looks like The Fort and surrounding sections already sold out, and according to Ticketmaster seats are somewhat limited, so looks like there could be another big crowd at this weekend's playoff game at Gillette. At least 20,000 I suspect. Maybe 25,000. 30,000 a stretch.

Nice. Perhaps it would've been more if this game didn't seem like a consolation game.

I'd expect DC and Seattle to sell out. LA I'd expect at least 24k if not sold out. I know their ticket prices made my head spin.

Nice. Perhaps it would've been more if this game didn't seem like a consolation game.

I'd expect DC and Seattle to sell out. LA I'd expect at least 24k if not sold out. I know their ticket prices made my head spin.

DC wont sell out, they never have.

Are your tickets even in the upper bowl?

I think there are some seats still gated off to STH, because the Fort didn't look sold out when I was in Account Manager.

...I better call my ticket guy now so I can get extra seats to bring friends.

ngower

I think there are some seats still gated off to STH, because the Fort didn't look sold out when I was in Account Manager.

...I better call my ticket guy now so I can get extra seats to bring friends.

Per the team, they sold out of the Fort as it exists (i.e. tarped). They're rolling back the tarps for this game and will release more tickets soon.

[EDIT] In other Revs news, Jermaine Jones fined for "simulation" after Francis tried multiple times (and connected once) to elbow him on the Lee Nguyen goal.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014...s-columbus-crew-disciplinary-committee-action

Per the team, they sold out of the Fort as it exists (i.e. tarped). They're rolling back the tarps for this game and will release more tickets soon.

Yeah I saw the Bilello tweet. Was that you who tweeted him?

[EDIT] In other Revs news, Jermaine Jones fined for "simulation" after Francis tried multiple times (and connected once) to elbow him on the Lee Nguyen goal.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014...s-columbus-crew-disciplinary-committee-action

ffs MLS

Will Parchman @WillParchman · 8m 8 minutes ago
Wahl just said Gulati is laying the groundwork to bring Pep Guardiola on as a USMNT coach down the line.

Grant Wahl @GrantWahl · 4m 4 minutes ago
@OldBaldGooner @garetkk For way down the road. Take it for what it is. Might be WC 2026.

wait what

xbhaskarx

Updated based on this...
MLS releases 2014-15 offseason calendar with draft, combine and trade window schedule

2014-15 MLS Offseason Calendar

TBD ("before December 1"?) - MLS Dispersal Draft for Chivas USA players

December 1 - Deadline for exercising player contract options

December 7 - MLS Cup Final

December 8, 2014 – Half-day Trade Window: Open 9 am ET - 1 pm ET. Teams may trade during that window or may re-sign their own players. Blackout period starts at 1 pm ET, runs through the MLS Expansion Draft.

December 10 - MLS expansion draft

December 10, 2014 - Trade Window opens at the end of Expansion Draft; closes on December 11, 2014, at 5 pm ET

December 10, 2014 – MLS Waiver Draft

December 12, 2014 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase One

December 12, 2014 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase One; closes on December 17, 2014, at 11 am ET

December 18, 2014 - MLS Re-entry Draft, Phase Two

December 18, 2014 – Trade Window opens at the end of Re-entry Draft Phase Two

January 2 to 5 - MLS Caribbean Combine

January 9 to 13 - MLS SuperDraft Combine

January 15 - MLS SuperDraft

This is way too complicated, hopefully the upcoming CBA streamlines the process a bit...

xbhaskarx

Since when have we had a Caribbean combine?

Since last season. I think the only player who came out of it was Andre Lewis, and he ended up in a strange tug of war between the Whitecaps and Cosmos because he signed with the Cosmos between the combine and the draft.

xbhaskarx

Orlando City SC nearing 9,000 season ticket holders for 2015, targeting 14,000 for debut season

Orlando City founder and president Phil Rawlins told MLSsoccer.com Wednesday that the club is nearing 9,000 season ticket holders, which already doubles the number of season ticket holders during the club’s peak in USL PRO.

“Our goal is to get to 14,000 season tickets if we can,” Rawlins said. “We’re well on track to do that and we’re slightly ahead of where Portland was during the build up to their first MLS season, so I’m confident we can get there.”

The Lions will play their first MLS season at the Florida Citrus Bowl, where they spent three seasons before moving to the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney due to stadium renovations. A new, soccer-specific stadium is slated to be ready for the start of the 2016 season.

xbhaskarx

Meet Stinger: Soccer’s Most Subversive Mascot

San Antonio Scorpions’ mascot doesn’t just want you to cheer for soccer. He subversively wants you to contemplate war, capitalism, and globalization.
10711132_777570862300365_5676331597002791705_n.jpg

Stinger then introduces himself through a series of cultural clichés that rehearse capitalism’s history in the twentieth century. He begins with the cross-knee routine of the early twentieth-century dance, the Charleston before transitioning to a 1980s Michael Jackson kick-and-crotch-grab routine. He Moonwalks and does the 1970s “Stayin’ Alive” disco move before running to the sidelines to grab a Fender Stratocaster.

Arena-rock guitar in-hand, Stinger continues his journey through the clichéd movements that spectators could all perform in their sleep. When he has finished with rock-and-roll, Stinger becomes more pointed, throwing the crass consumer goods – t-shirts and soccer balls – at his crowd as if to say, “junk, it’s all junk!”

Every once in awhile the camera cuts to the audience whose silence in the video speaks to the deafening nihilism of the entire routine. They vigorously wave their hands, begging for Stinger to throw them a shirt, but their voices are lost. He raises a sandwich board that implores the audience. “MAKE NOISE,” it says and Stinger will give them a mocking hand-to-ear gesture. “I can’t hear you,” he seems to say, drawing the video’s spectator to the dramatic irony that there is nothing to be heard. It screams with deafened futility.

lol

Osorio

I'm probably going to an Orlando game next season since I always spend some time with my family in Hialeah in the spring.

What's good in Orlando that's not an amusement park?

Mully

WaPo: United stadium would be MLS’s priciest but could deliver economic benefits

Cost-benefit analysis of stadium proposal discussed at D.C. Council hearing
A public roundtable hearing of the D.C. Council Committee of the Whole broke down the cost-benefit analysis report released today on the proposal for a new stadium at Buzzard Point for D.C. United.

Sounds promising. With that said, I feel like local municipalities should take part ownership of a team if a stadium is built using public funds.

xbhaskarx

rodvik

Pretty excited for Kinnear at the Quakes. The new stadium sure looks pretty as I drove by. Something to look forward to for a change! :)

Esch

Banned
Ruh roh. Speaking of fulham I thought we were gonna play Croatia at the cottage during the international break, but I see it's colombia...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom