• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seitz is my motherfucker. Glad Sounders advance and he can keep his head high.

What a nerve rattling scoreless draw. So happy for the international break. Maybe the Galaxy can cool down and Ozzy can get better.

Osorio

Most entertaining game this playoffs.

As a Cuban, Alonso is easily my favorite non-Metro. Hope he's okay.

Think I'm getting his name on the back of my Cuba jersey.

Osorio

Btw Metro-Gaf the window for keeping your season seats for the semi final ends at noon tomorrow.

I heard 101 is sold out though.

Lenz44

Banned
That last 4 minutes or so was a nail-biter. I'll take it though. It's going to be a really tough series against the Galaxy, so I hope the Sounders are ready to bring their A game.

Cystm

Away goals drama. Nothing like it.

csKj7zU.gif

U.S. Soccer ‏@ussoccer 3h3 hours ago
The Revs come marching in. @Jermainejunior @LeeNguyen24 @NERevolution #USMNT #USAvCOL

B2KDtV2IAAENME_.jpg

Beautiful

Also, USMNT is playing Germany again in June

Germany @DFB_Team_EN · 3h 3 hours ago
#Bierhoff: "In June we play the United States and look forward to meeting @J_Klinsmann once again."

ngower

Some partnership between the Revs supporters groups and the front office (I imagine) has resulted in a shitload of buses going down to NY for the game on the 23rd. Love it!

- SI: U.S. Soccer turning to overlooked youth to discover next wave of talent
- SI: Captain Clint Dempsey's exclusion from USMNT a matter of extra rest
The exclusion resulted from a conversation between Klinsmann and Dempsey’s club coach, Sigi Schmid.

“I was aware of it," Schmid said after the Seattle Sounders’ 0-0 draw against FC Dallas on Monday. "Jurgen and I had spoken. Clint’s had a long season. Clint’s been playing since January, when he went to Fulham [on loan]. For him, it’s been 11 months of games, so I expressed that to Jurgen. Jurgen understood, and so he didn’t include him.”

hom3land

Going home to Boston for Thanksgiving... And now get to go to the revs game! Now not to get too drunk at the game before my 12 hour drive back home the next day.

Arials

Wait, so the bulls don't sell out their last two playoff games, so they crank up the prices for this one?

Selling 19,000 tickets at $30 or selling 24,000 tickets at $20? They'll be pricing to sell to the fanbase not to try and sell out. For a side like NYRB chasing the price downwards may not fill the stadium anyway given the timeframe and the number of fans they have.

Man City offered 2 for 1 tickets for a recent CL match and got 8,000 more fans in than for the previous game, still 2,000 short of a sell out, which isn't going to help them balance their books this year. And the club accountant is sitting in his office thinking, why bother?

Zebra

I'm incredibly bummed that FC Dallas is out.

We had a great season and managed to hold our own against Seattle. It doesn't seem right to go out like this.

Selling 19,000 tickets at $30 or selling 24,000 tickets at $20? They'll be pricing to sell to the fanbase not to try and sell out. For a side like NYRB chasing the price downwards may not fill the stadium anyway given the timeframe and the number of fans they have.

Man City offered 2 for 1 tickets for a recent CL match and got 8,000 more fans in than for the previous game, still 2,000 short of a sell out, which isn't going to help them balance their books this year. And the club accountant is sitting in his office thinking, why bother?

There were 5,000+ empty seats the last game.

Why not keep the premium seats at premium prices and let in the rabble at $15?

$15 + concession revenue is higher than zero.

ngower

URL="http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/the91stminute/2014/11/the-mls-2014-all-u23-team/"]The 2014 MLS All-U23 Team[/URL]

There is no way Fagundez should be on that team at all. He had a terrible season. Scott Caldwell and Andrew Farrell deserve a place in this squad somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom