• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
MLS Disciplinary Committee will not be issuing a suspension to Jermaine Jones after reviewing the Dax McCarty tackle.

D5jXpe.gif

Just in case you think the tackle on Dax was alittle soft, here's one on Alexander:

BZheqa.gif

Yeah...go fuck yourselves, DisCo. Good on Kristian Dyer on calling out the league's hypocrisy when it comes to their star players.

Meier

MLS Disciplinary Committee will not be issuing a suspension to Jermaine Jones after reviewing the Dax McCarty tackle.

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2014/D5jXpe.gif[IMG]

Just in case you think the tackle on Dax was alittle soft, here's one on Alexander:

[IMG]http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/11-25-2014/BZheqa.gif[IMG]

Yeah...go fuck yourselves, DisCo. Good on Kristian Dyer on calling out the league's hypocrisy when it comes to their star players.[/QUOTE]
I didn't see the game so I'm not sure if he was on a yellow, but the second one looks like a good hard yellow to me and not a straight red (definitely worthy of a second yellow if he was on one). First is shocking that it wasn't a red though with him going studs up with both feet like that. Does seem to get a touch to the ball but a very dangerous tackle.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

D5jXpe.gif

BZheqa.gif

Yeah...go fuck yourselves, DisCo. Good on Kristian Dyer on calling out the league's hypocrisy when it comes to their star players.

That's some bullshit. They just don't want him to miss the game.

I didn't see the game so I'm not sure if he was on a yellow, but the second one looks like a good hard yellow to me and not a straight red (definitely worthy of a second yellow if he was on one). First is shocking that it wasn't a red though with him going studs up with both feet like that. Does seem to get a touch to the ball but a very dangerous tackle.

The first was a yellow, that could have been a red and the second resulted in jack shit.

Osorio

Damn. I just realized I'm gonna miss how active this thread is when it's off season time. Y'all are fun and I'm happy I found this thread and got into the MLS this season.

My incessant bitching about the front office will be here, no worries.

ZZMitch

Damn. I just realized I'm gonna miss how active this thread is when it's off season time. Y'all are fun and I'm happy I found this thread and got into the MLS this season.

I feel like offseason will be more active than normal thanks to the Expansion Draft, CBA and stuff like that.

ATF487

Very happy JJ isn't suspended but he definitely should have been, that two footed lunge is a red on its own

Excited for Saturday, going to see if I can drag somebody to the game. If not I may have to buy a single ticket and make some friends in the fort

ZZMitch

Very happy JJ isn't suspended but he definitely should have been, that two footed lunge is a red on its own

Excited for Saturday, going to see if I can drag somebody to the game. If not I may have to buy a single ticket and make some friends in the fort

I'd love to go but I am stuck in Toronto until December 4th :p

Would have been amazing if the Revs were hosting MLS Cup since it coincides with the two weeks I will be back in Maine so I could have gone. Alas

Osorio

For the sake of the team I'm not going on the bus to NE

I'm still winless on away trips (DC game was a loss) and I've been to over a dozen away games.

The Fort is sold out, you're gonna have to get from secondary sources if you want in >.>

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Mike Petke on Henry's preparation for the turf at Gilette:

Head coach Mike Petke teased about Henry playing on turf on Wednesday and what preparations – if any – might look like to get his star ready for the plastic pitch.

"He's sleeping in a hyperdermic air chamber for a week now," Petke said. "We've replaced his mattress with the same exact turf as at Gillette Stadium. And we've had a psychiatrist come in and when he's sleeping, he whispers 'Turf is wonderful' in his ear for every night."

Hahaha

- Straus for SI: MLS Expansion: Latest involving Las Vegas, Sacramento, Minneapolis bids
There’s very little chance MLS will make an expansion decision next month. Two sources told SI.com that March-April 2015 is more likely. Questions still linger about the bids presented last week in New York City. Meanwhile, uncertainty surrounding David Beckham’s effort to secure a stadium in Miami leaves the number of expansion spots in play unresolved.
MLS is asking for $100 million from each club it admits during this next round of expansion. The league received a record $110 million from the Los Angeles FC group headed by Henry Nguyen, according to sources.

Mully

No. First, I didn't want to jinx the team. Second, I have work :(

Oh damn. I'm sure you'll be listening/watching though. Anything I should know about before heading up to Gillette for the game on Saturday? I'm going with the Empire Supporters likely by myself.

Osorio

Oh damn. I'm sure you'll be listening/watching though. Anything I should know about before heading up to Gillette for the game on Saturday? I'm going with the Empire Supporters.

The drugs are on the back of the bus.

Try not to be close to the front. I've gotten kicked out of Gillette for cursing.

If we start losing badly just chant "18-1"

They have a McDonald's on the concourse by our section. Don't fall for the trap, you gotta sing.

Mully

The drugs are on the back of the bus.

Try not to be close to the front. I've gotten kicked out of Gillette for cursing.

If we start losing badly just chant "18-1"

They have a McDonald's on the concourse by our section. Don't fall for the trap, you gotta sing.

I love singing, so I won't have a problem flipping out in the stands with my fellow supporters.

What do you mean by drugs? Like weed drugs, or more serious stuff?

Osorio

Hahahaha. I'll make sure to go to the back of the bus. Is it like every bus or just one particular bus?

Every bus that leaves from New York I'd say. I dunno I've usually gone on bus trips that are only 1 or 2 buses.

The Jersey buses are stereotypically aligned with Jagerbombs and more Jagerbombs

Mully

Every bus that leaves from New York I'd say. I dunno I've usually gone on bus trips that are only 1 or 2 buses.

The Jersey buses are stereotypically aligned with Jagerbombs and more Jagerbombs

I'm ready. How many buses leave from Legends usually?

Meier

Fulham loaned a really talented central midfielder, Seko Fofana, from City. Hyndman has not played much since their new coach took over, afraid this may push him down to the U-21s.

Arials

In the fall out of the Magath firing it was alleged that he had promoted so many youth players for non footballing reasons (he thought they would be easier to control/manipulate apparently). The fact Fulham were bottom of the league when he went suggested that quite a few of those players weren't anywhere near ready to play regularly in the Championship.

The new manager was promoted from head coach at the academy so he'll have a better idea than anyone of where all his young players are at in terms of development. No shame in spending most of the rest of the season playing in the U21 Premier League at 18.

xbhaskarx

U.S. U-17 MNT Roster Named for 2014 Nike International Friendlies

CHICAGO (Nov. 28, 2014) – U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team head coach Richie Williams has named a 20-player roster for the 2014 Nike International Friendlies. The USA kicks off the tournament against England at 6 p.m. ET on Friday, Nov. 28, at the Premier Sports Campus in Lakewood Ranch, Florida.

All six games at the Nike International Friendlies are live on ussoccer.com. The tournament opens with Brazil vs. Australia at 3 p.m. ET on Friday.

The USA’s roster features 16 of the 20 players who were members of the 2013 U-17 squad that won this tournament, with 11 players featuring in the 4-1 victory against Brazil to cap off the event.

Among the returning USA players are midfielder Christian Pulisic, who was last year’s tournament MVP, 2013 Golden Boot winner Haji Wright and Golden Glove winner Kevin Silva. Pulisic has 14 goals and seven assists in 18 international games this year. Wright is the leading goal scorer with 18 goals in 19 matches. Silva is 7-1-2 this year with four shutouts and a 1.19 GAA.

U.S. U-17 Men’s National Team Roster:

GOALKEEPERS (2): 1-Kevin Silva (Players Development Academy), 12-William Pulisic

DEFENDERS (8): 2-Matthew Olosunde (New York Red Bulls Academy), 3-John Nelson (Internationals), 4-Alexis Velela (San Diego Surf), 5-Hugo Arellano (LA Galaxy Academy), 13-Logan Panchot (St. Louis Scott Gallagher Missouri), 14-Daniel Barbir (West Bromwich Albion), 15-Tanner Dieterich (Real Salt Lake AZ), 19-Tyler Adams (New York Red Bulls Academy)

MIDFIELDERS (6): 6-Eric Calvillo (Real So Cal), 8-Luca De La Torre (Fulham), 9-Alejandro Zendejas (FC Dallas), 10-Christian Pulisic (Unattached), 16-Thomas McCabe (Players Development Academy), 20-Keegan Kelly (Baltimore Celtic)

FORWARDS (4): 7-Haji Wright (Unattached), 11-Josh Perez (Unattached), 17-McKinze Gaines (Lonestar SC), 18-Pierre Da Silva (New York Soccer Club)

Six professional players might be the most we've ever had on a U-17 roster... two years ago I think it was just Rubio Rubin and Junior Flores.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Fulham loaned a really talented central midfielder, Seko Fofana, from City. Hyndman has not played much since their new coach took over, afraid this may push him down to the U-21s.

Hyndman is starting today. I'm not worried about the new coach affecting his playing time.

Meier

Hyndman is starting today. I'm not worried about the new coach affecting his playing time.
Since Simons took over, Hyndman had played the full 90 twice and been subbed three times. An unused sub 8 times. Magath was playing him full games so there's a pretty palpable difference but he has many years ahead of him to develop though so it's not a big deal. Hopefully he played well today! Looks like Fofana came on in place of him.

A bit late but Sunderland are involved in a great match with Chelsea on NBC.

Jozy came on as a substitute and has been very active in Sunderland's attack so far.

EDIT: Finished 0-0. Hell of a point for Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom