• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT| Life, liberty and the pursuit of the beautiful game

Status
Not open for further replies.

xbhaskarx

It seems like there is some expansion or stadium or new team name/crest news just about every day....
Indianapolis: A step closer to new $87-million stadium

By voting to amend Senate Bill 302 local committee allowed Indy Eleven to capture $2 million of tax revenue to help pay for the proposed 18,500 capacity stadium. IndyStar.com report.

Yesterday, by an 18-2 vote, the House Ways and Means Committee in Indianapolis passed an amendment to Senate Bill 308, which addresses Allen County's professional sports development area.

The bill still needs to be accepted by the full House, but represents a major progress for Indy Eleven. The club recently suggested it’s not asking for financial support for the new 18,500-stadium, but would appreciate legislation amendments to capture some of its tax revenue in order to cover part of the project's cost.

Yesterday’s vote, if accepted further, will provide $2 million of the expected $5 million tax revenue back to the club. Team owner Ersal Ozdemir has projected that the stadium would generate $5.1 million annually in ticket-tax revenue, plus $4.1 million in sales and income tax.

The new MLS-sized stadium is estimated to cost $87 million. The team has sought a new stadium all along. But plans accelerated due to an favorable reception to the new North American Soccer League team, as evidenced by sales of 7,000 season tickets.

- Jeff Carlisle: Union votes after pair of grievances
The Professional Soccer Referees Association, the union that represents referees who work games in Major League Soccer, appears to be one step closer to initiating a work stoppage.

Interesting stats that end up not not mattering at all.
Ultimately he needs to score goals, but it's not like anyone there is lighting it up and at least he's doing some other things.

Yanks abroad games:

- Altidore with a start for Sunderland against Arsenal this morning. Game kicks off in a few minutes. USA is carrying it.
- Fabian Johnson with his second consecutive start for Hoffenheim at RB
- Danny Williams starting for Reading. Duane Holmes with a loan start for Yeovil
- Jonathan Spector and Will Packwood start for Birmingham City

Nesotenso

NoRéN;101880641 said:
He's good. Always gives it his all and is just a solid CB. It's just that fucking injury that killed his form.

yeah he isn't the player he once was. Great to see that he is still hungry and wants to make the WC squad but I don't think Jurgen should take him.

NoRéN

yeah he isn't the player he once was. Great to see that he is still hungry and wants to make the WC squad but I don't think Jurgen should take him.

Yeah. it would be easier to deal with if it was just another case of "dude didn't live up to the hype" which seems to be a repeating theme with the national team. Instead he gets injured during qualifying and never recovers his form.

Given how lackluster the passing game is with the current CB choices, we could really use him but you're right. He's not making it to Brazil.

Hieberrr

I know it's only preseason, but fuck you Nelson. You haven't done shit to improve this team tactically.

If this is what we play like at this stage in preseason, then I don't think we'll play much better during the season.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I know it's only preseason, but fuck you Nelson. You haven't done shit to improve this team tactically.

If this is what we play like at this stage in preseason, then I don't think we'll play much better during the season.

He shouldn't have jumped straight into a head coaching position. He should have joined as an assistant somewhere. There were rumors for awhile that he would join the DC United coaching staff.

Zeke

So MLS gaf is there any real hope for San Antonio getting in the mls ranks? We have a team, we have a nice stadium that can easily be expanded to mls specs and we have good fan support. If our last mayor hadn't told mls to beat it he would already be in.

Osorio

So MLS gaf is there any real hope for San Antonio getting in the mls ranks? We have a team, we have a nice stadium that can easily be expanded to mls specs and we have good fan support. If our last mayor hadn't told mls to beat it he would already be in.

I think all you need is an owner with moneybags and that sounds like the recipe for success.

Agudelo went 90 minutes in a win for Utrecht. Johannsson is playing for AZ but they're getting hammered by Ajax in the 2nd half.

- Off of the AO Facebook page:
The new US away jersey?

Either way, the new US jersey will be unveiled on March 3rd.

gHjdGtY.jpg

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to get into Soccer for a while now and have finally decided to bite the bullet and jump in head first. Thank you for putting together the information in this thread. I've been reading diligently over the last few days and it's all incredibly helpful for a newbie.

Do you have any additional references that might be useful, leading up to opening day?

Askani

Man...Juventus want this kid bad. This is the third offer.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014...ce-increased-juventus-offer-erik-palmer-brown

Juventus keep upping their offers for Sporting Kansas City's Erik Palmer-Brown, but the club still have no plans to sell the young center back to the storied Italian side.

“They have come back to us twice now – and it has gone up, obviously,” Vermes said. “Hopefully, they're not coming back with the same offer. So it's gone up each time, but it's just not something that we're willing to entertain. I've said this before and I'll say it again. We haven't had the intention to sell the player.

“We see the potential he has with our club,” Vermes said. “He's been with us since he was 11 years old, and he's been developed so far by us. In doing that, I think he has incredible potential. So at the moment, we've declined all offers.”

NoRéN

lol

We should petition to do away with jerseys. Just spray paint the star and stripes on the bodies on the players.

Both national teams.

Does anyone have experience with MLS live? I'm thinking of subscribing this year due to working shift work (for the replays) and not having a local team. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Hey everyone! I've been wanting to get into Soccer for a while now and have finally decided to bite the bullet and jump in head first. Thank you for putting together the information in this thread. I've been reading diligently over the last few days and it's all incredibly helpful for a newbie.

Do you have any additional references that might be useful, leading up to opening day?

Welcome! You picked a great time to take the plunge with the new MLS season kicking off and World Cup just around the corner.

Do you know what club you are supporting or are you a free agent?

If you have any interest in fantasy sports I would recommend joining our Fantasy Manager league (code and info posted earlier in the thread). I found it really helped me learn the players and made me look at MLS league wide instead of honing in on just one team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom