• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Cystm

Jozy on for Gonzalez. Klinsmann knows he fucked this one up so bad. The first half he played an attacking mid at DM because he played a defensive mid at RB because he played a right back on the right wing.

This is not a friendly, you silly fucking cunt. Just get the points.

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with this formation. Lots of guys standing around, too.

Kind of mystifying how useless the US has been on set pieces, as well.

Beach

The team needs a reboot
I've been a Jurgen supporter for a long time but the team needs a restart

We can first start by playing players in their appropriate positions

It's one thing for a manager of a club team to experiment with players in different positions. They see the players every day and can work with them to adapt. I really have no problem with my favored club teams experimenting with players out of position.

But a national team manager only trains the team in short spurts sporadically throughout the year. There is no time for him to mess around with that shit. There is only time to get the players ready for the next game, not to revolutionize their playing styles. If the players don't fit your tactics, change your fucking tactics. You can't change how the players play as a national team manager.

This is so basic to anyone who ever played FM. Or anyone who has common sense.

Esch

Banned
It's one thing for a manager of a club team to experiment with players in different positions. They see the players every day and can work with them to adapt. I really have no problem with my favored club teams experimenting with players out of position.

But a national team manager only trains the team in short spurts sporadically throughout the year. There is no time for him to mess around with that shit. There is only time to get the players ready for the next game, not to revolutionize their playing styles. If the players don't fit your tactics, change your fucking tactics. You can't change how the players play as a national team manager.

There's also the matter of ability as well.

Someone like David Alaba might actually be able to play at every position in any formation, because he simply is that good. His general technical skill is broad and deep enough, as is his positional sense and footballing brain.

You can do that with an Alaba or Lahm, but not with fucking Mix Diskerud man.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Can we just get Arena or Marsch or someone, anyone in there instead? Shit, Petke ain't doing anything right now. He may not be ready for it but at least he'd have everyone in their best positions.

Cystm

Jeff Carlisle:
I asked Klinsmann why the lack of focus so early. He said that's a good question for the players. #usmnt

k7JLRHYxe47Ek.gif

Top Bottom