• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

imBask

Banned
Laurent Ciman might play tomorrow against the Sounders. I really hope so, we'll need him. I expect Seattle to win though

It's not a red but has been this season apparently. We had a really weak on last week too

It was poorly timed, unfortunately, but there were boots clearly on the ankle on the replay. I do like that there are more reds this year for those kinds of challenges, though. Gotta stress player safety.

Mully

Geiger proves there is a God, and that this God hates Metro and anything pure and innocent.

I can see the headline tomorrow: Geiger Suspected of Killing the Lindbergh Baby.

Cystm

Windy City

mbRw4VT.gif

That second save by Andre Blake on Gilberto just now is incredible.

Cystm

Warren Creavalle remains one of the worst players in the league.

Andre Blakes first half save:

bZ2Vvcw.gif

Shades of Sean Johnson's incredible double save from last season against PHI.

Headed down to SJ for the Quakes - DCU 20th anniversary game. They should have some good throwback Clash merch. :p

Quakes should be favored tonight but without Dawkins and Godoy they might struggle.

Cystm

It's one thing to go on about league growth, skill level, etc. When your fucking refs are giving out red cards every single fucking game, your league is a joke.

Fucking pathetic.

ZZMitch

It's one thing to go on about league growth, skill level, etc. When your fucking refs are giving out red cards every single fucking game, your league is a joke.

Fucking pathetic.

In the first 20 minutes this ref squad has given out a bad red card and missed an obvious off sides goal. Game is practically over all ready

Hilariously awful

Azuran

Banned
I just got home only to find out we're losing and been playing with 10 men since the 15th minute. And to Colorado of all teams.

Is there even a point in watching this game.

Edit: I just saw the red card. Welp, I guess that's how we're getting fucked over by the refs this week. 3 games in a row now.

Cystm

Will Parchman explains the morass that is American youth soccer development

When the U.S. men’s national team wins, we’re happy, and when it loses, it’s because Jozy Altidore went missing, or the center backs are new, or Jurgen Klinsmann played Michael Bradley too high up the pitch… again. But a U.S. men’s match day is much too late to begin searching for the real reasons for our national shortcomings.

It’s far more valuable to look inside the process of how Michael, Jozy, and those center backs arrived on that field in the first place—to look at the system by which they were developed—and that, unfortunately, is not easy. Our system is immense and fragmented. In reality it is a collection of systems that encompasses youth clubs, academies, high school and college sides, and youth national teams. This essay will map that landscape and identify the three biggest issues confronting American youth soccer in its push to develop better players: money (there is too little), space (the country is very large), and time (we simply need more).

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Headed down to SJ for the Quakes - DCU 20th anniversary game. They should have some good throwback Clash merch. :p

Quakes should be favored tonight but without Dawkins and Godoy they might struggle.

This season is looking like it'll be another 2013 for DC. We don't have anyone that can score.

Cystm

Is there ever really a good timing for a DUI

Obviously there is not. All the other negatives seemed fairly obvious to me. (Role model, ambassador, risking lives, etc) but when the USWNT is attempting to get equal pay, and literally change the game for women in this country for the better (which could potentially influence other federations in other countries) all on top of the already obvious negatives - probably chill the fuck out and not drive around under the influence.

Cystm

Good read on the MLS Ref fuckery.

Kurtis Larson: MLS referees are out of control early in 2016 season

Through four full weekends, MLS refs have handed out an astounding 16 red cards. Additionally, the league’s disciplinary committee has been Gestapo-like in its post-game decision-making, retroactively suspending six players.

Seems hefty, doesn’t it? It has been. As a comparison, just 49 red cards have been handed out in the English Premier League this season through eight times as many games.

Top Bottom