• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

Dartastic

*All of the crying Jordans.png*
Doesn't matter because at this point we're basically at the same point in the table.

So tired at this point. Not even trying to make excuses, but I do genuinely feel as a Timbers fan that we get screwed by refs more than other teams. If we churned out another crap performance tonight that'd be one thing. We didn't. We got robbed because of awful referee performances. Just check my other two posts above this for proof. Both of those instances turned around into a goal. Not to mention the other performances this year where teams got retroactive red cards. I wanna say it's 3 times? Maybe 4? I'm not certain.

Fuck. Pro.

ZZMitch

Anyone who followed the 1998 World Cup and Steve Sampson should really listen to Alexi's latest podcast. Riveting stuff.

As an aside, Alexi's Mutant Gene podcast has become one of my favorite soccer podcasts. So props to him for that.

Transition camp roster for the USMNT:
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION
GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Zach Steffen (SC Freiburg)
DEFENDERS (7): John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Eric Lichaj (Nottingham Forest), Matt Miazga (Chelsea), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), DeAndre Yedlin (Tottenham)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Emerson Hyndman (Fulham), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Monchengladbach), Perry Kitchen (Heart of Midlothian), Alfredo Morales (Ingolstadt), Caleb Stanko (SC Freiburg), Danny Williams (Reading)
FORWARDS (5): Paul Arriola (Club Tijuana), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Fabrice Picault (FC St. Pauli), Amando Moreno (Club Tijuana), Bobby Wood (Hamburg)
These guys will play Puerto Rico, then some of the younger players will be replaced before the Copa America preparations begin.

Anyone who followed the 1998 World Cup and Steve Sampson should really listen to Alexi's latest podcast. Riveting stuff.

As an aside, Alexi's Mutant Gene podcast has become one of my favorite soccer podcasts. So props to him for that.
I downloaded that episode this morning. Very curious to see what he says. At least on Twitter, Lalas is on point sometime, and other times he's just trolling. I had to stop following him as I tired of his antics, but I'll give the podcast a shot.

Meier

Transition camp roster for the USMNT:These guys will play Puerto Rico, then some of the younger players will be replaced before the Copa America preparations begin.

Hopefully Pulisic plays a little in the Pokal final -- we could stand to have him get as many games as possible.

Cystm

Jozy out 6-8 weeks

I want to cry but for some reason all I can do is laugh

He should probably retire at this point. Sad to see this continue to happen to him.

In cf97 news, the fire picked up Michael de Leeuw from FC Groningen in an attempt to give our midfield some life. He's already picked up an injury before signing.

- Greg Seltzer starting to roll out transfer tidbits:
This one just sounded weird as soon as I saw it, especially considering it came out of Mexico. So I asked two German birdies if they'd heard anything about Borussia Dortmund browsing D.C. United defender Steve Birnbaum as a replacement for Mats Hummels. Both of them burst into a chuckle. No offense to the US international, but yeeeah, that always seemed more than a bit unrealistic.

Meanwhile, I've learned that a club out of the second Bundesliga is interested in a loan deal for Chelsea defender Matt Miazga, and that they really aren't having any luck with that idea. Well... I suppose it doesn't cost anything to ask.

zroid

Banned
I love everything about this

1Ib8I4k.png

imBask

Banned
Apparently, Impact are currently negociating to get Nicolás Lodeiro, if that rings any bells

from my understanding he's really good

Whoa, whoa, whoa. MLS Fantasy is saying Adi has a hamstring injury. I just put him on my team! >:eek:

Also, Sean Johnson in goal. Hopefully, he sucks and Lampson keeps the job.

Vanney is so bad with subs. Chapman did nothing all game and was clearly out of gas. That sub should have been made in the 70th-80th minute period. Why the fuck is he making offensive subs in the last 5 minutes. What a tool.

daegan

My beloved Detroit City put a goal in on Louisville City in extra time despite the ref giving them a PK - that was saved - and sending off one of our players for a reason that nobody seems to know. Oh, and sending off our coach.

I love this team.

edit: gah! gave one up :( I don't know if I can handle PKs

My first Wednesday match, and the games against NYC are just the worst. Either an ugly draw or a loss.

Can't believe Babouli was juggling the ball inside the 18. Take the shot!

My beloved Detroit City put a goal in on Louisville City in extra time despite the ref giving them a PK - that was saved - and sending off one of our players for a reason that nobody seems to know. Oh, and sending off our coach.

I love this team.

edit: gah! gave one up :( I don't know if I can handle PKs
Man, took it to penalties again, couldn't do it this time.

Seriously can't believe it went that far and even still looked to tilt towards us when he saved the first one! GAH oh well at least we can focus on the league matches now.
Definitely, and it's something to build on.

I'll be down there to catch a game later in the summer.

- 2016 MLS Salary info is out via the players union
MLS’s highest-paid players in total compensation, according to the players’ union:

(spring 2016 data)

Kaka, Orlando City: $7.167 million

Sebastian Giovinco, Toronto FC: $7.115 million

Michael Bradley, Toronto FC: $6.5 million

Steven Gerrard, Los Angeles Galaxy: $6.132 million

Frank Lampard, New York City FC: $6 million

Andrea Pirlo, New York City FC: $5.915 million

David Villa, New York City FC: $5.61 million

Jozy Altidore, Toronto FC: $4.825 million

Clint Dempsey, Seattle Sounders: $4.605 million

Giovani Dos Santos, Los Angeles Galaxy: $4.25 million

Robbie Keane, Los Angeles Galaxy: $3.5 million

Tim Howard, Colorado Rapids: $2.575 million

Didier Drogba, Montreal Impact: $2.166 million

Shkelzen Gashi, Colorado Rapids: $1.668 million

Juan Manuel Martinez, Real Salt Lake: $1.458 million

Nelson Valdez, Seattle Sounders: $1.455 million

Innocent Emeghara, San Jose Earthquakes: $1.3 million

Pedro Morales, Vancouver Whitecaps: $1.258 million

Liam Ridgewell, Portland Timbers: $1.25 million

Federico Higuain, Columbus Crew: $1.175 million

Gilberto, Chicago Fire: $1.145 million

Kevin Doyle, Colorado Rapids: $1.12 million

Kei Kamara, New England Revolution: $1 million

Five teams do not have anyone earning $1 million or more: FC Dallas, D.C. United, Houston Dynamo, Sporting Kansas City, New York Red Bulls.

US Open Cup draw is going on right now. Quakes are going to be away to the Timbers. :/
Gilberto makes more than anyone else on cf97 and more money than Kei Kamara, Wondo, Dwyer, Sapong, Adi, Zardes, Manneh, etc.

He has just over 500 minutes and has 0 goals.
Don't worry, the Quakes are paying Innocent Emeghara more than that. 103 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists.

Revs top 5 paid players are:
Kamara $1m (DP)
Kouassi $890k (DP)
Nguyen $500k
Goncalves $479k (DP)
Agudelo $452k

Revs got the Charlotte/Carolina winner away

Meier

It's not like ADUG/CFG don't have an unlimited amount of money. It's kind of irrelevant how much he makes -- the fact he isn't healthy and therefore hasn't been able to contribute is really all that matters in the end. He played effectively down the stretch last season so I hope for his sake he can get right and have a nice remainder of the season whenever he's able to play.

Meier

It is relevant how much he makes because of the fact he isn't healthy. They could've used that money elsewhere to strengthen the team.

If he made $1 over the DP threshold or if he made $5.5 million or whatever it is is entirely irrelevant is my point. The dollar amount is moot -- the DP slot use is the issue. They could pay him $60m a year and it wouldn't hurt them any more than it does now because their budget is endless.

Top Bottom