• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

You're right. He's taking the DP spot. Forgot about that. More salt in the wound.

In other news, Jurgen is announcing the Copa roster during halftime of NYCFC/NYRB. I think he should parachute in.

Cystm

Dax and Viera were on the Men In Blazers podcast ahead of the Hudson River Derby. They are both really excellent people. Viera is just fascinating to listen to with his background and Dax is just an old school ginger ninja.

Podcast here.

Cystm

US Open Cup draw is going on right now. Quakes are going to be away to the Timbers. :/
Don't worry, the Quakes are paying Innocent Emeghara more than that. 103 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assists.

oOX5qIDkzDjeo.gif

As someone pointed out on Reddit, if you're that easily swayed into switching sides, you shouldn't be on this side to begin with.

it's a little more understandable with MLS.

Most of the fans are older than the teams.

I think there was an opportunity to pick up disgruntled Metrostars fans who hate what Red Bull did to the team, with a club that more so represents NY. But they completely botched it with allowing CFG to come in and pretty much make the same exact mistake. I don't really get switching from the Red Bulls to NYCFC

I wish they had just skipped CFG entirely and had the Yankees buy the team. Call them the Highlanders or something.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
it's a little more understandable with MLS.

Most of the fans are older than the teams.

I think there was an opportunity to pick up disgruntled Metrostars fans who hate what Red Bull did to the team, with a club that more so represents NY. But they completely botched it with allowing CFG to come in and pretty much make the same exact mistake. I don't really get switching from the Red Bulls to NYCFC

I wish they had just skipped CFG entirely and had the Yankees buy the team. Call them the Highlanders or something.

The Yankees would have made the exact same mistakes. They're used to spending an endless amount of money to win. Had CFG just let Kreis run the team they'd have been ok, but instead they had an unbalanced midfield and no defense. Of course CFG never thought to fix either of those issues in the off-season.

Orlando is the example all future expansion teams should follow. Had Toronto not gotten their shit together Orlando would have had a play-off spot in their first year.

The Yankees would have made the exact same mistakes. They're used to spending an endless amount of money to win. Had CFG just let Kreis run the team they'd have been ok, but instead they had an unbalanced midfield and no defense. Of course CFG never thought to fix either of those issues in the off-season.

Orlando is the example all future expansion teams should follow. Had Toronto not gotten their shit together Orlando would have had a play-off spot in their first year.

I meant more so the foreign corporate branding than the actual make up of the team. Though, yeah Kreis did get screwed over but tbh I really love how Vieira is a coach in this league.

--------Dempsey------------Wood--------

---------------------Nagbe------------------

Pulisic--------------------------------Jones

--------------------Kitchen------------------

Johnson---Brooks---Cameron---Yedlin

Thats the starting line up I would want.

But won't happen

Top Bottom