• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

So apparently the Galaxy is looking to offload de Jong.

It'd free up a DP slot next year, but I'm not entirely sure where they'd spend the money.

Holden is saying it's done. Maybe they'll go after Schweinsteiger?

Went to the Red Bulls autograph session last night. Didn't get everyone's signature. Missed out on a bunch players and the coaching staff. Only had an hour and a half, which is kinda ridiculous. Another half hour would've helped. BWP was supposed to be there but they said he had a personal matter that they didn't even know about. Hope everything is okay with him.

Also, Hope wasn't very happy about her punishment.

Mully

As much as I respect her as an athlete, Solo is acting like a woman who does not understand her actions have consequences. The reasoning behind her suspension is a little silly, but it seems like her Sweden statement was US Soccer's last straw with Solo.

Her punishment is ridiculous. Her comments were dumb, but athletes talk dumb shit about opponents all the time. If her comments got her banned for 6 months, Richard Sherman should be banned for life (and he absolutely shouldn't).

Mully

Her punishment is ridiculous. Her comments were dumb, but athletes talk dumb shit about opponents all the time. If her comments got her banned for 6 months, Richard Sherman should be banned for life (and he absolutely shouldn't).

It's a stupid punishment, but it's pretty clear it was a culmination of things that were done in public, and according to an old college buddy who works for US Soccer (specifically the USWNT), her attitude towards coaches and new players.

It's a stupid punishment, but it's pretty clear it was a culmination of things that were done in public, and according to an old college buddy who works for US Soccer (specifically the USWNT), her attitude towards coaches and new players.

Yeah, I figure there's more to it than this, but if those things are the problem, they should be explicit about it, rather than sending the wrong message to other members of the team (present and future) about what will and won't get them suspended, you know?

Oguchi Onyewu training with us

rs_500x283-150522135111-amy-schumer-oversized-glass-of-wine.gif

Blue Lou

So.. do you guys think you can hang on to Cameron Carter Vickers? It's being reported that England are looking to recruit more dual nationals. Personally, I don't think he's on the radar (even for U21 level) but I imagine CCV be having conversations with his agent.

He's one of the best prospects in the US system and was developed at FCD. They apparently won't receive any compensation for this move.

The sooner US agree to FIFA's training compensation and solidarity contributions plans, the better (for intra-USA soccer). It's just going to keep on happening.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, I figure there's more to it than this, but if those things are the problem, they should be explicit about it, rather than sending the wrong message to other members of the team (present and future) about what will and won't get them suspended, you know?

I get that, but I do think everyone sort of knows that it wasn't just this.

So.. do you guys think you can hang on to Cameron Carter Vickers? It's being reported that England are looking to recruit more dual nationals. Personally, I don't think he's on the radar (even for U21 level) but I imagine CCV be having conversations with his agent.

He's still on the young side, even if he goes with England he won't feature with the full team for a few years. Right now, if his development keeps up, he's going to definitely be a starter with us so it depends on if that matters to him.

I'm not too concerned given how low he is on England's priority list. Would make sense for the US to cap tie him soon, though.
The sooner US agree to FIFA's training compensation and solidarity contributions plans, the better (for intra-USA soccer). It's just going to keep on happening.
Agreed. It really hurts the academies if they don't get paid for these prospects coming out of their system. They lose a lot of their incentive to invest heavily in youth.
Huzzah!

this feels like an invasion of privacy. I guess she agreed to it though since it's for a documentary I think?
She's part of the team putting together the documentary.

Grant Wahl says that Matt Miazga is nearing a season-long loan move from Chelsea to Espanyol in La Liga and the Pulisic is going to stay with Dortmund.

Well, here's part of the reason they shipped de Jong.

Brian Straus ‏@BrianStraus 11h11 hours ago
Some De Jong #s (sorry if out already): Extension triggered by playing in 23 reg season games. Would be due $3.25M in '17 and again in '18.

What was the deal with the video? I didn't see it, but there have been a lot of tweets about it this morning.

It was a 'highlight' reel about his MLS stats, with 0 goals and 0 assists in 18 appearances. Made note of his Yellows and Reds, and showed the Nagbe tackle while saying 'he was suspended 3 games for this'

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It was a 'highlight' reel about his MLS stats, with 0 goals and 0 assists in 18 appearances. Made note of his Yellows and Reds, and showed the Nagbe tackle while saying 'he was suspended 3 games for this'

I feel like he spent more time suspended than on the pitch, where did they get the footage for a highlight reel?

Oh, that's unnecessary and poor form from an official outlet.

imBask

Banned
It was actually even worse than that description. Talked about how getting rid of him was a "great move" and used the phrase, "In Bruce We Trust." The LA Galaxy were like hey we had nothing to do with this.

Someone was gracious enough to mirror it: https://streamable.com/qhqy

If it was a segment in "this week in MLS" i'd understand since it's an opinion show ON the MLS youtube channel, but that's just weird

Game day! Kickoff is at 12:30pm PT because the St. Vincent & Grenadines stadium doesn't have lights. It should be pretty hot and rain is possible.

Grant Wahl just pointed out that if you don't get BeIN Sport, you can stream the game on the Go90 web app or perhaps on their website: https://www.go90.com/

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Game day! Kickoff is at 12:30pm PT because the St. Vincent & Grenadines stadium doesn't have lights. It should be pretty hot and rain is possible.

Grant Wahl just pointed out that if you don't get BeIN Sport, you can stream the game on the Go90 web app or perhaps on their website: https://www.go90.com/

Goddamn it, I forgot BeIN still has the rights to the away games in the Caribbean.

Top Bottom