• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

jIPTPmb.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Jozy-Wood combo is doing a lot better than a lot of people thought it would. Sure it's St Vincent but they've been drawing free kicks and fouls and creating chances, Klinsmann needs to stick with this combo for a while and let them grow more.

ZZMitch

For all the hate JK gets I have to give him credit for sticking with Wood when pretty much no one else was and he was without a team in Germany.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
For all the hate JK gets I have to give him credit for sticking with Wood when pretty much no one else was and he was without a team in Germany.

He's got a good eye for strikers at the very least, our pool at that position is looking really good for the first time in forever.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'd like to fit Bedoya in there somewhere as well. He's really been solid this year.

Maybe if we run a 3-5-2, but Sacha needs to be in that 10 spot. Adds a new dynamic to how we play, just watching it there's an obvious difference.

SACHA!! A goal and an assist. Klinsmann is looking the fool for not calling him up earlier.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
And there's 6. Sacha and Pulisic are an amazing combo if this is anything to go by, they've combined for 3 goals and 3 assists.

FT 6-0

Hard to learn much from this game, but it's been fun watching parts of it.

If T&T win tonight against Guatemala, the US are through to the Hex.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
FT 6-0

Hard to learn much from this game, but it's been fun watching parts of it.

If T&T win tonight against Guatemala, the US are through to the Hex.

I dunno, we learned that Kljestan and Pulisic combine well in the midfield and that Jozy and Wood will likely work as a strike team. That's pretty good information to have going forward.

- MLS Analyst: USMNT cruise past St. V&G, and that's just fine
- Grant Wahl: Pulisic's play off the bench, Besler's memorable day stand out in USA's WCQ rout
- ESPNFC: U.S. enjoy easy win vs. Vincy Heat as Bobby Wood, Christian Pulisic impress

I dunno, we learned that Kljestan and Pulisic combine well in the midfield and that Jozy and Wood will likely work as a strike team. That's pretty good information to have going forward.
I don't think that playing a match like this against a team of part-timers gives us much useful information. I definitely want to see more of those combinations (start them against T&T and in some friendlies!), but I wouldn't use this game as evidence that they'll be successful when the US faces better opposition.

Top Bottom