• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

American Soccer |OT2| Party Like It's 1999.

imBask

Banned
honest question : why did Chelsea let Drogba go? I understand that he wouldn't have been that dominant over there, but he clearly still has some left in him no?

Cystm

PTFC v CREWSC is pretty great so far. Flashes of brilliance from Valeri and Pipa.

They just pulled Finley out @ 64 mins tho. Wat.

Cystm

VANvNYC is nearly over. Dubious penalty called on Angelino.

Fake edit:

They called another penalty, this time on VAN at 94'.

Villa to take it....

"It's in the net."

They deserved the win anyway.

Dartastic

Damnit Portland, you're not supposed to let Kamara score!

PTFC v CREWSC is pretty great so far. Flashes of brilliance from Valeri and Pipa.

They just pulled Finley out @ 64 mins tho. Wat.
It was a very frustrating game because once again, I feel like the scoreline didn't reflect the PTFC performance. Missed PK calls (like, how the fuck was that tug on Nagbe not a PK) and brilliance from Valeri. That was the kind of performance we should have had last game. We need to keep it up. Especially next week at home.

Cystm

ZFD3WiA.jpg

Lando? Sure...

Lalas?

Would it have killed them to do five more minutes of research before selecting an American solely to pander to our market?

Arials

honest question : why did Chelsea let Drogba go? I understand that he wouldn't have been that dominant over there, but he clearly still has some left in him no?

Nope, only 4 PL goals last season and quite clearly not the player he once was. Seven goals in a lower quality league doesn't change that.

Although that said, they replaced him with Falcao who also looked past it last season and has hardly been an inspired signing so far.

Esch

Banned
Seriously. Every time they play SKC, they are supposed to score a decisive goal at the last possible second. Someone missed the memo

Just saying, considering the lineups and how we rested some key players... I thought they'd get a solid 2-0 in. Dempsey missed some really nice chances to seal it away :shrug:

US Soccer trying to push Dos a Cero before the CONCACAF Cup seems like a bad idea to me, if only for everything to go completely wrong.

Few people know the trajectory, history and intricacies of Major League Soccer quite like Octavio Zambrano.

Now it looks like the Philadelphia Union may rely on that resume and experience to help right their flailing franchise.

According to well placed sources, the Union will bring Zambrano aboard to serve as the team’s first ever Sporting Director. Since the Union’s inception, the club’s part-owner Nick Sakiewicz has played the biggest role in player acquisition and retention. They hired a consultant in Rene Muelensteen last year to bridge those duties. Zambrano will take over Muelensteen’s role with the club. Technical Director Chris Albright, however, will remain in his current position.

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/philadelphia-sporting-director-40710/

THINGS ARE ACTUALLY HAPPENING

Blue Lou

The CONCACAF U23 Championship (Olympic qualifiers) starts tomorrow and not one English language channel was interested in buying the rights. What's up with that?

Top Bottom